No More Excuses - Week Two

Options

Replies

• AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    This is also my issue, I actually went to bed last night thinking I was hungry. My stomach was crying for food and I was, not tonight. You are not alone in this feeling.
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Another morning at the gym, then off to get youngest dd haircut, it is a misery. The haircut is adorable but she hates getting it cut, screams, cries, kicks her feet, not at anybody just kicks, and flaps her arms around. Thank goodness the person cutting is my friend. :tongue:

When she gets up I will put a pic on here, if I can.
  • wks7777
    wks7777 Posts: 230
    Options
    Hey yall!Having okay day here so far. Been doing okay on my eating even tho my son had a class party that i ate a piece of cake at. Im going to Body Jam tonite so that will be fun and lots of calories burnt!Just got to stay motivated thru the weekend!
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options

Nacho Cheese Chicken Chowder
    1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast cut into 1/2 inch pieces
    Two 14-1/2 ounce cans Mexican style stewed tomatoes, undrained
    One 10-3/4 ounce can condensed nacho cheese soup (I have only been able to find cheddar)
    One 10 ounce package frozen whole kernel corn
    1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Combine chicken, undrained tomatoes, soup and corn in a 3-1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker. Cover, cook on low heat for 4 to 5 hours or high heat setting for 2 to 2-1/2 hours. Sprinkle each serving with cheese.

Per serving: 244 calories, 6 g total fat, 55 mg cholesterol, 2 g dietary fiber, 24 g carbs, 647 mg sodium, 23 g protein

Makes 6 servings...Enjoy!!

This sounds fantastic and very simple. I think I will make it this week-end! Thanks for sharing. I am a very simple cook! :yawn: So I am not every too excited about the recipes with all the weird ingredients that I have never heard of.

I know my kids are going to love this......It has cheese in it! :happy:

I am the same way. I kid my family that if a recipe has over 5 ingredients it is off my list, but that isn't far from the truth. I try to cook very simple. I have a plate hanging in my kitchen. It reads:
    I am not a fast cook
    I am not a slow cook
    I am a half fast cook

It was perfect for me!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I love it!!!!

Maybe you and I can share recipes more often!!! :flowerforyou:
  • tamelab
    Options
    Hey all... Hope you are having a great day. I just finished the treadmill and my beef stew is almost ready. All is well. Hope I can do okay through the weekend. We are cleaning house for the holiday dinner next week so I should be busy enough. Here is my favorite pie recipe.

Lemon Icebox Pie

1 shortbread pie crust
    2 egg yolks
    1 can fat free sweetened condensed milk
    1/2 - 3/4 cup real lemon juice (depending on how tangy you want it)
    Fat free Cool Whip for topping

Blend egg yolks, milk, and lemon juice together. Pour into pie shell. Bake at 400 degrees for 8 minutes. Chill in fridge for a couple of hours. Top with 2 tablespoons Cool Whip just as you are about to serve it. It will get kind of soggy if you top it too early. Makes 8 servings.

297 calories
    6 fat
    18 carbs
    37 sugar
    136 sodium
    6.5 protein
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    I'm having a problem :( I keep doing so well all day, not even eating close to the calories I'm supposed to be eating, (according to mfp: 1550 calories). But then I end up making up those calories after work at night. Despite the fact that it's all healthy snacks, the calories before bed are the worst :(. I'm just maintaining my weight now and not losing. Eh.. rough week...

I have the same problem but find if I save about 250 calories for each evening for a snack of a bag of popcorn, frozen berries and yogurt then I am quite satisfied. I know that after I eat my snack I will be full. Try adding in a bit more during the day so you only have a few calories left for the evening. In reality, it isn't supposed to really matter when you eat as long as you are eating within your calories.

Kim
  • justjack51
    justjack51 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Since the number I turned in last week was my Friday weigh in, I will turn in my Friday number this week.

I ended up 223.7, (down 4 lbs). I actually Lost 4.5 pounds, gained one back and then lost another half pound.

Went to the Gym all 5 weekdays, only went over on calories yesterday (by less than 100 calories). Was pretty weak the last two days during my workouts, looking forward to a couple days off of exercise and extra sleep to recover.
  • Naokoheart
    Options
    I splurged a bit and had a strawberry cocktail,so
    if I can find it in the food diary I will record it,
    I was feeling low the previous days,and a friend treated me to
    the cocktail,so I was like ok.
    lol

I am feeling exhausted now,
    might just do my 20 pushups and call it a night.
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    I HAVE A MAJOR COMPLAINT!!!!!

My stomach looks about six months pregnant every evening. I am not sure why. I have worked my butt off this week, I have hit the chocolate chips and marshmellows too much, but my actual weight is done. I have done major ab work this week and that might be it. I actually got my size 12 jeans on tonight but my stomach is huge. If I don't get the joy of having a baby, then I dont' want the pregnant stomach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • littlebigbird
    Options
    Oh Amanda - how wonderful to get your jeans on. I don't know what a US size 12 would be in the UK - but it sounds small to me!! On the whole "stomach" thing . . . if it's any consolation . .. I remember my mum telling me that when she was well into her 60s the lady at the local take-away asked her when the baby was due. Mum saw the funny side thankfully! :laugh:

JustJack51 - 4 pounds in a week - that's completely brilliant. Well done!!

I've had a really lovely day today - although a bit of a diet disaster, as I've had 2 restaurant meals. I've stuck to veggie options (stir fried aubergine with steamed rice for lunch and a dosa with veg curry sauce and coconut chutney for dinner) to try to keep the calories down but there was no way of counting so I'm probably way over. I'll make up for it tomorrow though - I don't want to let calories spoil the fun I've had. Am I bad? :tongue:

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
  • SkinnyJess
    SkinnyJess Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hello Team! I got a GREAT report from the Dr. :happy: He said that I DO NOT have a hernia. He said that it's a strained muscle. He also said it can take 6-12 months to completely recover. :grumble: I do believe though that with the help of the Lord it will take much less time! I have felt great improvement this week alone. The Dr. said to not overdo it on workouts. He said to try things, see how I feel the next day and if I feel great than I can do them. No P90X for now though. :cry: I just bought it and it's still in the box. I'll get to do it eventually. I am just SO grateful to God that I don't need sugery! Congrats Team! Great job on the size 12's Amanda!!! :wink: I'll read the other posts later and write more. Have a blessed weekend everyone.

Jessica :flowerforyou:
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Hello Team! I got a GREAT report from the Dr. :happy: He said that I DO NOT have a hernia. He said that it's a strained muscle. He also said it can take 6-12 months to completely recover. :grumble: I do believe though that with the help of the Lord it will take much less time! I have felt great improvement this week alone. The Dr. said to not overdo it on workouts. He said to try things, see how I feel the next day and if I feel great than I can do them. No P90X for now though. :cry: I just bought it and it's still in the box. I'll get to do it eventually. I am just SO grateful to God that I don't need sugery! Congrats Team! Great job on the size 12's Amanda!!! :wink: I'll read the other posts later and write more. Have a blessed weekend everyone.

Jessica :flowerforyou:

Jessica; So happy for you! Health issues can be a real strain. Take it easy on yourself and do as your doctor tells you!!! You will be back to yourself in no time. God does answer prayers and helps us through all out trying times:love:

I agree too CONGRATS AMANDA!!!!

Well I had a nutritious dinner......Popcorn at a basketball game HA HA:laugh: I think I am okay on my calories and am not hungry so should have a good night!!!

Everyone sleep well and have a great week-end.
    Ann
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Jessica, praise God!!! NO hernia, that is wonderful news. So happy for you!!!!
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    NO MORE EXCUSE TEAM, THIS IS THE LAST DAY, (for some of you it is here, for others it is tomorrow), SO THIS IS THE LAST CHANCE WORK-OUT DAY. MAKE IT COUNT, REALIZE HOW WONDERFUL EACH OF YOU ARE, HOW MUCH YOU DESERVE HEALTHYNESS!!!!!! YOU ARE WORTH IT, DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Oh what a horrible, crappy, bad day today way! Ugh, so glad it is over. Everyone seemed to have witch mode on and nothing got accomplished.. I even missed breakfast -- which I HATE doing. So, I am under calories again and trying not to snack.. but find something healthy.

Anyway, so I did a workout this afternoon and my push ups suck. Tomorrow I am ONLY doing cardio and no push ups - need to let my arms rest.

No excuses just a bad day. :grumble:

Good note - the realtor came by and I feel much more positive about having to sell the house.
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    TNT, I am sorry about your lousy day. HUGS!!! Tell everybody Halloween is over!!! :tongue:
  • tamelab
    Options
    I had a small victory tonight. I baked German chocolate cupcakes for my family and I only had one!! I used apple sauce instead of oil but the calories were still around 160 for one cupcake. I was craving something chocolate and it was all I had. Normally I would have eaten at least 6 before taking a breath. Hope everyone has a good weekend. Off to bed now. :yawn: Will send Amanda my progress on Sunday
  • Naokoheart
    Options
    Hmm didn't do so well this week,I gained a pound. :(
  • amaline
    Options
    NO MORE EXCUSE TEAM, THIS IS THE LAST DAY, (for some of you it is here, for others it is tomorrow), SO THIS IS THE LAST CHANCE WORK-OUT DAY. MAKE IT COUNT, REALIZE HOW WONDERFUL EACH OF YOU ARE, HOW MUCH YOU DESERVE HEALTHYNESS!!!!!! YOU ARE WORTH IT, DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the motivation Amanda!! I was having a lazy Saturday but you inspired me to get off my butt. Did C25K on the treadmill, plus a little bit extra and then did some strength training on the machines + another round of Filthy Fifties Woo! Just about to tuck into a big bowl of homemade chicken and vege soup. Feeling awesome and hopefully the scales reflect that tommorrow morning!

Jack - congrats on the 4 pounds thats great!

Naoko - sorry to hear you gained - any chance it could be muscle? :bigsmile: It's a new week next week! PS I love your profile pic hehe.

Tam - good work on the cupcake victory, they sound delicious mmmmm

TNTPete I hope you have a better day today/tomorrow :flowerforyou: