what kind of dog do you have?

Options

Replies

• HeatherGTaylor
    HeatherGTaylor Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    A pure breed American Cocker who thinks she rules the world and we are here to serve her & a Cockerainian (cocker & pom) and he is the most loving sweet subserviant dog you could meet. :heart: them both so much plus they are on their own weight loss journey so haha it's nice to have them around.
  • _Triple_S_
    _Triple_S_ Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Shiba Inu

IMG_20120623_200836.jpg
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    We have a Basset Hound, Brutus, who is 3 years old and came to us as a stray. He's the sweetest most mello dog ever and truly loves our kids if he can't see them he's "crying". He runs to them the minute we get home from school/work.

We also have 2 beagles who are 3 and 5 and they are complete opposites. Lucy the little beagle is a firecracker and loves to run around the yard "barking" at her 4 legged friends that hop and chase those bushy tailed furry friends up the tree too. She's just a peanut and loves to snuggle and is the most spoiled because she sleeps on our bed. Ruby is the bigger beagle and is a mother hen of the group. She will gladly stand back and watch Brutus and Lucy run and roll around in the yard but if they get to serious she'll step in and "tell" them to settle down.
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I have a St. Bernard named Cooper who is 240lbs. We 'rescued' him from people who did not want him anymore, because of his size, four (4) years ago. He will be 7 in December. He is the biggest baby ever.

What did they think was gonna happen when he grew up? HELLO its a St Bernard. LOL

People really need to think about the commitment dogs are and about the future not just how cute they are as puppies. *sigh*
  • shoniej
    shoniej Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Halle (3 year old, lab-coonhound mix) and Cooper (2 year old, lab-golden retreiver mix) - Both hyper, sweet dogs!!! Both rescue pups :)
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    We have a Basset Hound, Brutus, who is 3 years old and came to us as a stray. He's the sweetest most mello dog ever and truly loves our kids if he can't see them he's "crying". He runs to them the minute we get home from school/work.

We also have 2 beagles who are 3 and 5 and they are complete opposites. Lucy the little beagle is a firecracker and loves to run around the yard "barking" at her 4 legged friends that hop and chase those bushy tailed furry friends up the tree too. She's just a peanut and loves to snuggle and is the most spoiled because she sleeps on our bed. Ruby is the bigger beagle and is a mother hen of the group. She will gladly stand back and watch Brutus and Lucy run and roll around in the yard but if they get to serious she'll step in and "tell" them to settle down.

My almost 6 year old chocolate lab is named Brutus! and he is a brut albeit a loving one!
  • YogiGirlLucy
    YogiGirlLucy Posts: 290
    Options
    What does this have to do with losing weight or getting fit or maintain your weight. This is myfitnesspal not facebook or Twitter!

Getting fit/losing weight is about a lifestyle. A healthy lifestyle includes balance, not just focusing on food and working out. It is okay to breathe and take a moment to have a fun topic, it is a stress reliever which does in fact help with weight loss :)
  • margo36
    margo36 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    What does this have to do with losing weight or getting fit or maintain your weight. This is myfitnesspal not facebook or Twitter!

Getting fit/losing weight is about a lifestyle. A healthy lifestyle includes balance, not just focusing on food and working out. It is okay to breathe and take a moment to have a fun topic, it is a stress reliever which does in fact help with weight loss :)
    [/quote
    Dogs can help you get fit and lose weight. Mine need a good five mile walk everyday and you can take them running with you :flowerforyou:
  • shellee622
    Options
    Two pugs! Boss my male who is black and Bailey my female who is fawn, they are great dogs! Shed like crazy though :smile:
  • Luxxmundi
    Luxxmundi Posts: 52
    Options
    I have an american bulldog, huge thing, but he is the softest thing ever.
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Only the world's cutest Basenji--well at least to me:

Meet Chloe:
    IMAG0710.jpg
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Yellow lab! Male, 2.5 years old and I love him!
  • BubbleGumKisses
    BubbleGumKisses Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    My sister had a black Pug named Harley, and my mom has a black&brown Dauchshund named Schatzie... they had babies! 2 black, 1 fawn, Maggie, Haley and Charlie, and they look like MINI-LABRADORS!! I've got some pics of them in my profile! The babies are called DAUGs!! <3
  • Brooklynhendricks21
    Brooklynhendricks21 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have an overweight standard, long haired dachshund( working on his weight along with mine.) a tiny long haired chihuahua, and a tiny biewer terrier!
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I have a Puggle (Pug & Beagle) named Teague (pronounced Teeg). He acts 99% beagle and 1% Pug. This picture was when he was a little younger, but he still pretty much looks the same.

teague.jpg
    So cute, love the face.
    Mine is a crazy, fun loving yellow lab (who loves to find burried treasure)
    IMG_9530.jpg
    who spend too much time on the computer.
    IMG_7931.jpg
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I have a Mix: Lab/Border collie & Moron! but I LOVE her :)
  • babiebluez025
    Options
    a three year old puggle ( beagel and pug mix) and a three year old beagle.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I have a lab/beagle/hound named Forrest. He's about as high strung as they come. He's about 60lbs and 2.5 years old.

I also have an American bulldog/boxer mix named Clyde (he was already named when we got him). He's the sweetest dog you'll ever meet and seems to think he's the size of a yorkie. He's 80lbs and just over a year old.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    I have my sisters dalmation/boader collie mix

and my lab/boxer mix....cant tell she has any boxer in her....unless you look at her droopy cheeks...lol
  • robinhardysmall
    robinhardysmall Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    A German Shepherd and belgian malinois.

The German Shepherd runs/walks with me - and people walk to the other side of the street when we come down the road~ 115 pounds of "protect my mommy from anything" ~

and then the belgian malinois which will love anyone who comes near her :)

love each of them dearly~ our little kids now that our kids are grown :)