Rubbing cellulite away?

Options
Hi guys,

So I was just reading some forums about getting rid of cellulite and a number of women said they rubbed their cellulite prone areas in the shower with sea salt and could see differences in about two weeks? I am wanting to talk to someone this may have had worked for personally. How long does an area need to be rubbed for? Desperate need of removing cellulite! Any advice helps! Thanks!

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Posting because I'm interested in seeing the replies :smile:

I bought a cellulite rub once from Avon a few months ago, I haven't tried it yet, but I will start today and see if that makes a difference.
  • findfan4ever
    findfan4ever Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    If you think of cellulite as fat stores, you will soon realize you have to burn cellulite off. There are many treatments and remedies out there, however there is no scientific or medical research to back up their claims.

It seem the best treatment is a healthy diet with exercise.
  • findfan4ever
    findfan4ever Posts: 153 Member
    Options
  • autumnpennell
    autumnpennell Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    If you think of cellulite as fat stores, you will soon realize you have to burn cellulite off. There are many treatments and remedies out there, however there is no scientific or medical research to back up their claims.

I weigh 131.6 and I'm 5'4'' so I'm technically in the "healthy" range for my height/weight ratio. Why then do I still have it?
  • nickmast78
    nickmast78 Posts: 65
    Options
    Because your skinny fat.

Ladies, pick up the weights!
  • juscallmeb
    juscallmeb Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    i think it has to relate to % of body fat....

please note "i think"
    :)
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Because your skinny fat.

I've been a dancer my entire life, have legs of steel, and I still have it. It's called genetics.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options

I wonder how many calories you burn by rubbing the spot with sea salt or unicorn horn powder? Maybe it DOES work, but for a different reason. :laugh:

But, yeah, eat at a deficit, work out lots, lift to make the loss as much fat and as little muscle as possible.
  • IndigoVA
    IndigoVA Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere (and I can't remember where now) that it's not the product you use, so much as the rubbing action that helps diminish cellulite. Something about regularly rubbing/massaging those areas helps increase blood flow and makes the skin look smoother, but it's not going to be a miracle cure.
  • AmberMahfouz
    AmberMahfouz Posts: 316
    Options
    I used to do it with coffee grinds, and it works, slightly. Cellulite is your fat that has grouped together and thats why there are dimples. The Indented parts are the not fatty parts. You need to drink a lot of water. Also, you will have to rub it in a hot shower, and rub it hard, hard, hard. Depending on how bad yours is you can probably see results quickly, but it will definitely work better with exercise.
    This might seem stupid, but I actually let my husband punch/karate chop my legs to help break up the fat. It really does work, you might be sore, but you would need to do it often.
  • juscallmeb
    Options
    Because your skinny fat.

i lift weights and still have cellulite- eat decent and run - still have some problem areas.
    but thanks for the "compliment'
    :)
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Bump!!! :mad:
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Yeah, massage can help a little, but I guess only if you keep it up:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/cellulite/DS00891/DSECTION=alternative-medicine
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Because your skinny fat.

:huh:
    *shakes head*
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Cellulite, the true equal opportunity hater.
  • autumnpennell
    autumnpennell Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Because your skinny fat.

STFU. I've been a dancer my entire life, have legs of steel, and I still have it. It's called genetics.

yeah, i've always had a curvy body. actually i have a dancer's body (but i'm not a dancer). thick legs, big booty. and i've been working my butt off. i have noticed it slowly reducing. it just seems like now that i'm in the healthy range it's still there. ugh
  • juscallmeb
    Options
    keep up the hard work.. it does take time. If you are seeing a difference then that's awesome! good for you :)
  • nickmast78
    nickmast78 Posts: 65
    Options
    Because your skinny fat.

STFU. I've been a dancer my entire life, have legs of steel, and I still have it. It's called genetics.

This wasn't meant to be an insult but thanks for the negative reply. I'm just saying, if what you are currently doing isn't working for you, try changing it up.

Edit: For the people shaking their heads. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/gideons14.htm

Another source http://www.lizahughes.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=102:strength-training-will-reduce-cellulite&catid=43:2011-archives

And another http://www.livestrong.com/article/271359-cellulite-reduction-through-strength-training/
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,402 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Because your skinny fat.

What is your body fat %? If it isn't low enough, then you will increase the chances of having cellulite, regardless if you are a dancer, hockey player or whatever.
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Because your skinny fat.

What is your body fat %? If it isn't low enough, then you will increase the chances of having cellulite, regardless if you are a dancer, hockey player or whatever.

It's currently 18%. I suffered a horrible injury in December which resulted in me having to be completely sedentary for several months, so I'm still working to get my body back. But I've had cellulite since I was 12, no matter how skinny or how muscular I am, it's always there. I do dry brushing each morning, and exfoliate with coffee and yogurt in the shower, and drink tons of water and eat a very clean vegetarian diet. I stand by my "it's genetics" statement.