Do You Believe in Ghosts?

Options

Replies

• neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    When you read these experiences, you see how people refer to the kids being able to see them easily. That's because kids don't have their filters built up yet. Their minds are open and free. So, they an see and hear hem easily. Our heads are so stuffed with crap it takes extreme moments for us to see them, even when they are right there all the time.

Ghosts, or probably spirits, visit us in our dreams a lot more than we realize. It's easier for them that way because our minds our open. So, when you are dreaming that you were talking to a loved one n your dream, they is a high probability that you were. That my opinion anyway.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I have insufficient evidence to form an opinion, but so far, everyone and everything I know of that has died has stayed dead. Much to my dismay, as I think I would enjoy being a ghost.
  • galaxiegal
    galaxiegal Posts: 90
    Options
    Ghosts, or probably spirits, visit us in our dreams a lot more than we realize. It's easier for them that way because our minds our open. So, when you are dreaming that you were talking to a loved one n your dream, they is a high probability that you were. That my opinion anyway.

I sure hope that is true. Normally my dreams are easily forgettable except for the dreams that have loved ones who have passed on in them. And then it is so lucid!

And yes, I believe in ghosts and spirits, I have had many unexplained experiences with the paranormal since I was little that leads me to believe this.
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    If I had any of this off the wall ish happen in my house, so help me God, I would burn this place to the ground. I don't play with any of this mess. Scary woods, ghosts, freaky noises and creaks...hell to the no. I'm out!
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    yes.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    i do believe in ghosts...yes go ahead and laugh, but i strongly believe.

my father passed away in 2000....as i was sitting with my mom going through his belongings and boxing them up we smelled a strong smoky smell (we had my dad cremated)....and all the windows in the house were closed. i called out "dad is that you?" and the fan pull thingys swayed back and forth....like swung...a lot...

and i think he comes to visit when my niece stays at my house...she looks at his photo on the desk and all of a sudden laughs....i have been told babies pick up on spirits easier than adults. i think he is telling her how much he loves her and wishes he had got to meet her(granted she is only 16 months old)>

so yes, i believe they are there.
  • jwshmoe75
    jwshmoe75 Posts: 119
    Options
    The very first thing that should have came to every ones mind especially on Sunday is GOD, Jesus Christ, the holy spirit. Where is your faith people. I believe from the depths of my soul in the holy spirit. I know Jesus Christ died for our sins. Is this your ghost maybe not but it is the spirit after death. Even science says energy can not be destroyed. Billions of people of this world believe in some form of religion and God. Are you such and atheist that you will go against this common highly documented phenomenon? Perhaps you will find out one day but I know where my soul and my families souls are going after death. I have more faith in God than I do in myself!!!!
    THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Firephoenix013
    Options
    I for sure believe. I have been around it all my life. I have also investigated with some of the top names out there in the Paranormal world including all the guys from Ghost Adventures. I myself hunt quiet a bit and have become well known where I live. I'm the one where if it's there I'm good at getting it to come out. I've learned a lot from all the people I've investigated with and also like I said I grew up around this stuff, the paranormal/ghosts came to me and I learned to adjust. I have tons of recordings with voices of the dead. I love it. I have had tons of personal experiences and hunt several times a year at Mansfield Reformatory. If anyone is interested I have website I update whenever I list up audible evps. I'm about a year behind on evps as I have been on a hunt craze, and sometimes ten minutes of audio can take me an hour to go through if it's got a lot of evps in it. But if anyone ever wants any hints, tips, gear for hunting and where to get it, etc, send me a message and I will help you out.

Here is my evps I've done so far:

yes some of there are with the ghost adventure guys, if you want more proof I've hunted with them if you don't believe me I have photos and video too lol. But yeah, huge believer in the paranormal. And I know I have some awesome audio still to come, I'm just so far behind as I do all my own stuff. I don't usually hunt with a team, I'm either with my ghost adventure guys, or by myself or taking some close friends to show them what it's like that have never hunted before. All of those files are from Mansfield Reformatory btw.
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    Yes

I personally do not recall seeing one but I can sense/feel spirits around when they are letting me know that they are there.

My son has seen one. Often children will see them more as their minds are more open to what's around them then adult minds are. I know he saw one for sure because we were liviing in my grandparents house and he saw a lady walking around on the anniversary of my grandmothers passing. No other way to explain it away as she passed 30 years before he was born so he never knew her.
  • Firephoenix013
    Options
    If I had any of this off the wall ish happen in my house, so help me God, I would burn this place to the ground. I don't play with any of this mess. Scary woods, ghosts, freaky noises and creaks...hell to the no. I'm out!

You would hate my house. Lol. Some of them follow me home after investigations I do, so it takes a while for me to get them to calm down and abide by the rules or get them out if they won't listen. And I also live in a house where four people died inside, and no it doesn't freak me out lol.
  • Firephoenix013
    Options
    No. if they existed we'd have proof by now.

I have to agree.

Also, why are ghosts scary? If a ghost kills you, then you're a ghost. If a ghost kills me, the first thing I'm going to do is ghostpunch him in his ghostballs.

There is proof, I'd gladly take you on an investigation one day and let you see for yourself. I would do nothing but stand by, you ask all the questions, handle all of the equipment, and see what they do.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    maybe ghosts are just time travelers from the future having a laugh at our expense. :)
  • amivox
    amivox Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I believe in ghosts. After my grandfather died, weird stuff started happening at my grandma/aunts house. First, there would be big men sized footprints on the kitchen floor, then the coffee machine would randomly start brewing on its own at the crack of dawn (which is when he woke up and had his), his face appeared in a painting of some mountains that has been in the house for ages, my aunt has seen him sitting at the bottom of her bed, and I have personally seen him walk in the front door, hang his hat up, and then disappear (although I only saw it once, the feeling that I got seeing him was indescribable. It was really cold and every hair on my body was standing up and I got the worst goosebumps.)

Another time, my friend and I went and visited an allegedly haunted cemetery in a Chicago suburb. We drove past the first entrance and saw that the gate was open, so our plan was to go through the second entrance, drive through, and circle back to the first gate. We just wanted to look and see if we saw anything without getting out... well, we made our way back to the first entrance and it was closed. There was no other cars or people anywhere and it was the middle of the night. My friend didn't want to get out of the car, so I was sent to open the gate. I was super freaked out, but I did it, and we were both really confused as to how the gate closed when we both knew it was open.

My last story has to do with the Bartonville, IL insane asylum. It is abandoned, so naturally, my friends and I wanted to explore it. We took a fully charged camcorder and flashlights and made our way into a hole that led to the basement of the facility. Once we were in there, the flashlights started to flicker, and the camcorder light went out and it started making a weird sound. We all got super freaked out and ran for the hole to get back out. When we got back out, all the footage we had on the camcorder that we previously had recorded was completely gone, and the flashlights worked perfectly. I think this was more of a paranormal event than strictly ghosts, but it was super freaky. When we got into the car, there was somehow a wasp inside of my friends pocket, which had been zippered shut. It was bizarre.
  • Firephoenix013
    Options
    maybe ghosts are just time travelers from the future having a laugh at our expense. :)

From what I've gathered not really. Some think we are the freaks walking around with stuff they have never seen so they refuse to interact with us because they don't like our "gizmos" others realize they have been dead for a while know it's a different time/era and its ok. Some refuse to think it's anything but they last year they remember. I have yet to find one that says he is from the future. I've always got past ones, or ones that realize time has moved on and so they have adjusted with it.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

From what I've gathered not really. Some think we are the freaks walking around with stuff they have never seen so they refuse to interact with us because they don't like our "gizmos" others realize they have been dead for a while know it's a different time/era and its ok. Some refuse to think it's anything but they last year they remember. I have yet to find one that says he is from the future. I've always got past ones, or ones that realize time has moved on and so they have adjusted with it.

they are not going to tell you they are from the future and are partaking in a great practical joke. my guess is there is a tv show in the year 2548 titled Pranking the Past. episodes on ghosts, aliens, big foot etc..all at our expense. :D
  • I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I do without a doubt.

I saw my grandmother when she passed on before they called to tell us she was gone. I was getting ready for bed <I was 10> and got into bed and noticed something in the corner. I looked and realized it was my grandma looking like she used to before the cancer got bad. It was so odd, to this day I can still see it....she was standing there smiling at me with a sort of glow around her. She smiled at me, and did our little "I love you" sign that she always did with me <a wink and a blown kiss>. She said distinctly "I love you Shai...tell your momma I'm ok." Then she was just gone, like someone turned off the light. I jumped out of bed and ran to my dad and told him. He said it was just a bad dream. My brother <who was 6 at the time> came in a min later and said "Daddy, Grandma was here and said to say she's ok." My dad just looked at us and thought we were nuts. Within a minute or two, my mom called us to let us know that Grandma had just passed on and that Dad needed to stay with us kids while she and her siblings got the arrangements made, My Dad just looked at us while he was on the phone with Mom, and told her what we both saw. Needless to say, she was a bit shocked that we already knew,

Several years later, my Grandad died. Again, we kids were home with Dad while Mom was up north with the family at the hospital. Again, I was in my room and heard a noise behind me as I was doing homework. In the same corner of my room as before, stood Grandma, but this time she was with my Granddad, with his arm around her shoulders and smiling at me. Grandpa just looked at me and smiled, and said "I don't hurt anymore honey..." They both smiled and were gone again just like 4 years earlier. Again I stood there in shock, and went to my dad and told him that I thought Grandpa had just died. He looked at me for a min and said "Well, lets see if your mom calls." Lo and behold, the phone rang within a few minutes and it was my mom saying that Grandpa had just passed on. Apparently his last words were " I don't hurt anymore honey...."

For a stranger story tho...we had a huge monster fat orange cat named George. Absolutely beautiful cat... and everyone loved him. He ruled the house with an iron paw.... no one messed with him :) He ended up getting sick and having to be put down when I was a teenager. However, after he was gone (and actually to this day), people still come up to my mom to ask her about the huge orange kitty in her window with the white feet and bib. I have seen it myself in my old bedroom where the bed will hae been made, and there are a trail of paw-prints on the blanket leading to the pillow, and in the pillow is a big divot that looks just like a cat had been sleeping there. No other kitties got in that room, the door is always closed unless I am there. George's favorite spot to sleep was my bed on my pillow. Its been 20 years since he passed on...but he is still hanging around the house. My mom got new furniture a little while back, and all the animals she has now were standing around the one chair staring at it. We laughed cos we figured ti was the whole "new chair" bit that the cats and dogs were scared of. As we watched tho, we noticed that none of the cats EVER got on that chair, and the dogs would give it a wide berth, and eye it nervously. We finally figured out that it must be George who took over that particular chair when we had our little cousins over to stay for a bit <only 3 years old> and they kept talking about the "big orange kitty in the chair". We haven't had an orange kitty since George.
  • amivox
    amivox Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Hm. I'm pretty self-conflicted with this.
    On one hand, I'm not sure how to separate spirituality from religion- I am irreligious and personally do not believe in deities or other supernatural beings (though I completely accept that others do!) :)
    But, I have seen and felt some things that I can't explain rationally as anything other than being supernatural. A few years ago I was in my downstairs bathroom combing my hair after a nighttime shower... it was really pouring rain outside. I walked out of the bathroom and looked out from the window on our front door which leads to our covered porch- and there was a small, elderly man that was bent over with a cane standing right in front of me. I yelled and fell because it startled me, and when I got back up, there was no one there. No wet footprints from anyone coming up onto the porch, no one hobbling, walking, or running from my house.

Weird.

I feel conflicted by the things I have witnessed as well, because I don't believe in a higher power, either. I don't know how to describe those supernatural experiences, but I know they happened...
  • iamzuul
    iamzuul Posts: 1
    Options
    It's not a matter of belief. It's a matter of concluding that no evidence exists to give us even a reasonable suspicion that entities such as ghosts exist.

Every sighting of a ghost can be reduced to purely psychological phenomena: people's eyes playing tricks on them in the dark; people working themselves into highly frightened, and therefore highly suggestible states that make them believe a car's headlight in the distance is an apparition carrying a lantern; and so on.

IF we had lots of documented activity of ghosts and the like, as well as a way to independently verify and scrutize the documentation, AND the activity could not be more easily explained as photographic trickery and the like, THEN we might be able to reasonably say that such things as ghosts MIGHT exist.

I say "might" because entities such as ghosts are so at odds with our understanding of the natural world that it would require some compelling evidence to demonstrate their existence. The burden of proof is necessarily high because if ghosts exist, their existence would through into chaos our observations about how the natural world works.

Personal anecdotes, especially from those who are worked up into highly emotional psychological states, do not meet this burden of proof.
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    No, but I've seen Big Foot.