Do You Believe in Ghosts?

Options

Replies

• JWB42
    JWB42 Posts: 112
    Options
    My husband grew up in a former funeral home. He saw some scary things, I get goose bumps just thinking about the stories he's told me. I personally have never seen one, but you never know!
  • vfnmoody
    vfnmoody Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    That would explain the missing cheesecake.:bigsmile:
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I am on the fence compared to some of the stuff I've seen.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    I do believe that there is so sort of as of yet unexplained situation that can be called "ghosts". However, I do believe that about 99.9% of "evidence" can be explained scientifically and logically. Too many people are too quick to say that something is a "ghost" when there is a reasonable explanation. The .1% though... there are a few videos, photographs, and EVPs that I still wonder about.

Considering my personal experiences, I do believe that there is something out there. It is PARAnormal... as in outside how we so far define the "normal" world. I don't know what it is and I actually doubt it is "spirits" or "souls"... but it is something.

Then again, we are still finding new species every day so it is obvious we have yet to find and explain everything in the world.
  • GaidenJade
    GaidenJade Posts: 171
    Options
    I have not yet had a "true" experience. I had something happen to me, but I can't say that it was paranormal, I can just say it was weird.

I do believe in them, but I'm a skeptical person. If there isn't anything else it could have been, besides a total mental breakdown, then I will admit it to be a ghost or a spiritual echo of some sort. To not think there is anything that we don't yet understand is the epitome of arrogance.

However, I also respect those that share an opposite opinion. If you need to see to believe, you have a right to and nothing I say will change your mind.
  • crush86
    crush86 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Huge believer! As a child I saw a man at the end of my bed...one day I was looking at old pictures with my mom and pointed a picture of my grandpa and told my mom that he was the man at the end of my bed. I was always my grandpas little girl and he was watching over me...literally. I was almost 2 when he died and starting seeing him right before I had a heart operation at age 3 and saw him until I was about 6. Being young I was terrified....my mom would stay in my room with me and make sure I was safe throughout the night and one night she saw the man I told her about and sure enough, she could tell it was my grandpa...she told him I was scared and that she wanted him to watch over me from a distance, she said he just sorta walked towards the door and left...I never saw him again.

I know it sounds crazy...but this is my experience and I am not afraid to share it! :)
  • mateo57505
    mateo57505 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I do, and I also beleive in the Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny, Santa Clause, Aliens, Cupid, Big Foot, Zombies, Leperchans and the Ghost under my be...oh and the one in the closet. I think thats it.
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Yes I believe. Growing up in a terraced flat (rowhouse) with added ghost will do that for you.:laugh:
    I've had too many experiences to list. But the latest is that the terraced house (rowhouse) we live in now is haunted by an old man who likes to sit in my husbands office chair & make it swing round. A friend who came to stay with us saw him & ended up sleeping with the light on she was so spooked.:laugh:

It's the living you need to worry about not ghosts.
  • dottheyes30
    dottheyes30 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I dropped my friend off at a house she was suppose to clean. She knew the guy and he had just moved into
    the house. He made the living room the dining room and the dining room the living room and wanted her to
    dust and run the sweeper in those two rooms. The house was sold furnished.

She called me about a half hour later crying saying the furniture was floating in the air. She was a reformed
    alcoholic and my first question was "Are you drinking?" She swore she wasn't so I went to pick her up
    and when I walked in the furniture was in the air. The ghosts were putting the furniture back the way it was
    when he bought the house. This is a true story and believe me I was not a believer but now I am.
  • stang_girl88
    stang_girl88 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I believe. Too many stories from friends and family not to believe. One story my mom told me was about my uncle and grandfather. My granddad was in his garage puttering around and felt like someone was there, he turned around and it was my uncle. My uncle told my grandfather that everything is ok and dont worry, that he was fine and then disappeared. Funny thing is, this was during WWII and my uncle was in England and my granddad was on the west coast of Canada. Turns out when they got the news that my uncle died, they found out it was about the same time that his plane crashed and him and his fellow crew mates died.

In my moms family, if someone is going to die its on a family members birthday. My aunt Pearl died on my birthday and the clock on my mom's stove stopped at 10:55. We received the phone call a bit later that night saying that Pearl had died at 10:55. That clock had never stopped before, nor did it ever stop again. My sister was out for dinner with her friends and three times, when my sister mentioned my aunts name Pearl, her plate moved. Her friends were freaking out lol

I have a few more stories, but I hate typing!!
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Yep, haven't seen one, but things have happened. A ball rolled across the floor on its own accord, water faucets turned on by themselves, sheets removed from my bed when I was young, while sleeping...in our 1st house with my hubby, there was sometimes the smell of lily of the valley perfume at the bottom of the basement stairs, apparently it was from an elderly lady who lived there long ago.

I know many people - family and friends included that have experienced something.

My husband used to see and hear them on a regular basis, but they have calmed down now as he has actively tried to block it out.

He is a certified hypnotherapist and has also performed past-life regression on people. He goes to a weekly spiritualist church where they meditate and he has also helped spirits through to the other side.

I think that we DO have souls - they are what makes US - at least in this lifetime - and that our soul may be young or old, but we are on a journey. When our bodies die, our soul does not, it is not kept alive by blood and a pumping heart.

Ultimately, to each their own - it doesn't bother me either way if someone is a skeptic or a believer, as long as they can contribute to an open-minded discussion, I'm good! :smile:
  • Softrbreeze
    Softrbreeze Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Former atheist here and yup- I do believe. It is largely my experiences with the supernatural that made me open my mind to the possibility of a god. Not only have I experienced/seen things on my own but a few of my friends have seen them with me. I also work in hospice so I hear a lot of stories from people who share their experiences- everything from premonitions of death to floating spoons. There is more to this world than what meets the eye- never doubt it.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I have seen them. Mostly they leave me alone, cause theyre usually walking away from me.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Former atheist here and yup- I do believe. It is largely my experiences with the supernatural that made me open my mind to the possibility of a god. Not only have I experienced/seen things on my own but a few of my friends have seen them with me. I also work in hospice so I hear a lot of stories from people who share their experiences- everything from premonitions of death to floating spoons. There is more to this world than what meets the eye- never doubt it.

Hospice will definitely open your eyes to God!
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    KuroNyankoSensei Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I'm Catholic, so I think all souls go to heaven or hell?

I live in my dead cousin's room, he's never visited me once. Either he dislikes me or ghosts don't exist =<.
  • Sockimobi
    Sockimobi Posts: 541
    Options
    I don't believe in ghosts at all. If any dead members of my family materialised in front of me, I'd assume I was having a psychotic breakdown. I don't think anything could make me believe.
  • banstett
    banstett Posts: 95
    Options
    Yes, I work in a hospice facility lol. I have had many friends at work tell me stories about their experiences with ghosts.
  • F__7
    F__7 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    100% believe... never had a personal experience.. but heard stories from relatives that they had experiences..
  • DaGsGirl
    DaGsGirl Posts: 194
    Options
    I didnt untill I saw one....and I sure dont ever want to see another one. I didnt believe either....but I sure do now.
  • childofArtemis24
    Options
    Yes I sure do! I have seen things and saw things move. My parents house is haunted, by a curious ghost. It has never hurt us , but it does walk the house at night. It scares my sis so bad that she sleeps with a night light. And you can lay in her room and watch the shadows being cast on the walls. Plus I have seen , very negative shadow ppl. Let me tell you they will put an over whelming fear on you. So if you believe, be careful cause there are evil ones out there; that just want to harm ppl.