So who has Tattoos ?

Options

Replies

• MerBear1FL
    MerBear1FL Posts: 32
    Options
    I have one large side piece from bra line to hip!
  • Inked_Chik_89
    Options
    I have 9 and proud becuase they aren't random stars or butterflies: 3 are flowers that my granfather (that I never met) drew in his sketchbook, 3 are Lithuanian suns as I am Lithuanian and since I play french horn 3 are music related. It also depends on where you get your tattoos and your profession. If you work in the business world and have tattoos on your hand/wrist etc, then I can understand where they are kind of trashy. But let's admit it, some tattoos, no matter what, are trashy.

i am an attorney. And i have hand tattoos. Not trashy.

What kind of attorney and what is it of? I guess in my own opinion, I wouldn't take an attorney too seriously if they have tattoos on their hands....But that's me! Others aren't like that as I am assuming you do pretty well for yourself.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Ink and proud. Love love love tats.
  • Inked_Chik_89
    Options
    I have 9 and proud becuase they aren't random stars or butterflies: 3 are flowers that my granfather (that I never met) drew in his sketchbook, 3 are Lithuanian suns as I am Lithuanian and since I play french horn 3 are music related. It also depends on where you get your tattoos and your profession. If you work in the business world and have tattoos on your hand/wrist etc, then I can understand where they are kind of trashy. But let's admit it, some tattoos, no matter what, are trashy.

I'm a receptionist in the head office of and engineering company.... i have a tattoo on my wrist and soon to have a tattoo on half my half... how is it trashy?

Is yours a tiny little thing? I have a friend who has the tiniest cross on her wrist and no one sees it. I think you are taking it a little too far, I'm talking about big obscene ones. But being a receptionist is a little different and less strict than being an engineer or being part of a corporate company. But I don't know about your company so that is a generalization, which I could be wrong.
  • amivox
    amivox Posts: 441 Member
    Options

What kind of attorney and what is it of? I guess in my own opinion, I wouldn't take an attorney too seriously if they have tattoos on their hands....But that's me! Others aren't like that as I am assuming you do pretty well for yourself.

I am pretty sure tattoos don't make a person any less qualified for their position. I think that just makes you judgmental. I have gone to the hospital and I have seen nurses and doctors in the E.R. with tattoos. Are you saying that you would rather tell them not to help you than get the help they are qualified to provide based on the fact that they have tattoos? I think that is a bit ridiculous. They obviously went through extensive schooling in their field to get to the place that they are at.
  • Inked_Chik_89
    Options

I am pretty sure tattoos don't make a person any less qualified for their position. I think that just makes you judgmental. I have gone to the hospital and I have seen nurses and doctors in the E.R. with tattoos. Are you saying that you would rather tell them not to help you than get the help they are qualified to provide based on the fact that they have tattoos? I think that is a bit ridiculous. They obviously went through extensive schooling in their field to get to the place that they are at.

I think people are taking my posts to the extreme here. You are completey wrong in interpretting what I wrote. I said take someone "seriously" and didn't say they are less qualified. I didn't say ER doctors or nurses. Nor did I say I wouldn't want their services. Taking someone seriously and then thinking they are less qualified are two different things.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Nope, too classless and trashy.

Thats a little unfair...and rude!

oh see, i thought she was saying that SHE was too classless and trashy to be the canvas for a wonderful art.
    my legs are heavily tattooed, i have a half sleeve in progress on my left arm, my wifes name on my back, sons name on right bicep which i'll be turning into a halfsleeve dedicated to how kick *kitten* he is...

know what else i have? a great-paying job in a corporate environment in the great city of cambridge, a lovely townhouse that i own, a wife of 10 years, a smart well-behaved 9yo son, and table manners to boot. i still hold doors for people, and am very personable.

i have class and am very far from trashy.
    she came off like a douche.

^^^^ Thank you! That's what I was thinking too, that SHE is too classless and trashy to adorn her body with beautiful works of art. I have 14 tattoos, all very tasteful, done by incredible artists. I'm a licensed professional, a homeowner and a law abiding citizen. Does that make me classless and trashy? I don't think so. IMO, being judgmental and condescending makes a person classless and trashy.
  • amivox
    Options
    OK, so you aren't judging them, you are just being condescending towards them? Not taking someone seriously, by nature, implies that you lack trust in their abilities.
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I have 4. Inside left wrist, right ankle, top of my right foot, and my back. I love every one of them and I'm planning my 5th.
    Tattoos are not classless and trashy. They are works of art. I love looking at other's tattoos and hearing their stories.
  • Inked_Chik_89
    Options
    OK, so you aren't judging them, you are just being condescending towards them? Not taking someone seriously, by nature, implies that you lack trust in their abilities.

Then I guess you and I have different views. People all have different opinions. You disagree with mine. I will not be on here bantering back and forth. I, for the most part, support tattoos and have 9 myself. Time for some cardio.
  • hairmaster78
    Options
    I have 4 and want at least one more(Im sure I will come up with more after I get the next one though ha ha) I have meaning behind all but my first one, I wanted a tattoo, went and picked out a design I liked and got it. No regrets either. Its on my lower back, then I got 4 hearts on top of my foot, one for each of my 4 kids. I then found out I was pregnant and ended up losing that one to a miscarriage so I wanted something to honor my angel baby. I chose a butterfly that is above the hearts I already had to show our little angel is watching over his/her siblings. Then I got one around my ankle that is written in a pretty cursive writing that has my childrens names connected by a heart with their birthstone color inside the top loop of the heart. I have no regrets for any of mine. The next one I want is a a cancer awareness ribbon, leaning towards a butterfly design again with the ribbon making up its body and in the wings putting my gmas initials who died of ovarian cancer when I was only 8 yrs old. To address those negative comments.............its funny how those of us who have tattoo's could care less if others DONT have them but it never ceases to amaze me how those who dont have tattoo's have so many issues with those of us who do! SMH! I have made sure all of my tatt's can be covered up if need be and will keep it that way to avoid problems later on but I certainly dont look down upon those who have visible tattoo's.
  • CajunNino
    CajunNino Posts: 269
    Options
    I don't have any. None. I couldn't wait to tell y'all that because I think my personal decision to not get any ink is awesome. I'm just THAT self-righteous. I think I'll run for mayor after a few more pats on my own back.

(Please tell me you can detect sarcasm)
  • Julz2586
    Julz2586 Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options

I'm a receptionist in the head office of and engineering company.... i have a tattoo on my wrist and soon to have a tattoo on half my half... how is it trashy?

Is yours a tiny little thing? I have a friend who has the tiniest cross on her wrist and no one sees it. I think you are taking it a little too far, I'm talking about big obscene ones. But being a receptionist is a little different and less strict than being an engineer or being part of a corporate company. But I don't know about your company so that is a generalization, which I could be wrong.

not really tiny... it's a quote around my wrist with a skull in between the first and last word.
    This is a very corporate company.... I am the only "wild" one in the office... i have pink through my hair and tattoos! I'm the face off the company that is Australia wide and is also Japanese owned with our big bosses over there!

but l think saying that you wouldn't take someone seriously who had tattoos anywhere is a bit silly... its like saying "i'm not going to that doctor/lawyer or hairdresser because they have red hair"
  • amivox
    Options

Then I guess you and I have different views. People all have different opinions. You disagree with mine. I will not be on here bantering back and forth. I, for the most part, support tattoos and have 9 myself. Time for some cardio.

So you have tattoos, know that they have deeply personal meanings for some people, and you still wouldn't take a lawyer seriously based on the fact that they have tattoos? I don't understand that. But, there really is no point in arguing with you, you are correct about that. You make no sense.
  • Julz2586
    Options
    :drinker:
  • Inked_Chik_89
    Options

not really tiny... it's a quote around my wrist with a skull in between the first and last word.
    This is a very corporate company.... I am the only "wild" one in the office... i have pink through my hair and tattoos! I'm the face off the company that is Australia wide and is also Japanese owned with our big bosses over there!

but l think saying that you wouldn't take someone seriously who had tattoos anywhere is a bit silly... its like saying "i'm not going to that doctor/lawyer or hairdresser because they have red hair"

Well then I wish it was more like that here in Chicago area U.S. If I could have pink in my hair and show off my tattoos like you do then that would be great. Every place I have worked strictly forbids the showing of them. There is such a stigma. Didn't realize you were from Australia.
  • Julz2586
    Options

So you have tattoos, know that they have deeply personal meanings for some people, and you still wouldn't take a lawyer seriously based on the fact that they have tattoos? I don't understand that. But, there really is no point in arguing with you, you are correct about that. You make no sense.

:laugh: :drinker:
  • Inked_Chik_89
    Options

So you are telling me that if a lawyer has a KKK tattoo on his wrist you would take that person seriously? Or if they had a swastica tattooed on their neck/hand you would go to that lawyer and take them seriously? I don't think so.
  • xTenaciousJx
    xTenaciousJx Posts: 555
    Options
    yay darth vader!! i have 1 professional and 3 i did myself ;) i'm fixin to get another soon.
    One on my arm...

The next will have to be Darth Vader somewhere on my body...since I am a nerd
  • kristykritter
    Options
    6 and counting....