July 2nd - September 30th..P90x Group!

Options

Replies

• pawheeler1
    pawheeler1 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    i want to join i will start on 7/3, is that ok?
  • Rukadare
    Rukadare Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! Welcome all newcomers, and there is no problem with starting a few days after the 2nd. We’re not being super strict about it or anything. :p So the more the merrier!

We have 11 people now so far, and still hoping to fill up the last four spots! Here is the group as of today:

Rukadare
    Mybella622
    cdl8
    vtmoon
    dedication6
    summertimefine10
    Dlhartma
    Jordan1221
    Mrspong
    Pawheeler1
    Trud72

Hope I haven’t missed anyone! But I believe that’s everybody. And now for yesterday’s questions…

Highest weight: 150
    Current weight: 143
    Goal weight: 120

A little about me! I’m a senior in college right now and will be graduating next spring. I’ve been trying to lose weight since I left high school, and got down to 134lbs, several times, but that seems to be the number where everything goes crazy! I can’t seem to get past it. So I hope to do so in the next 90 days. I’m also an avid surfer and love the ocean. Nothing is more fun than to go out and catch some waves with my boyfriend at sunset or at dawn.

What is finally motivating you to lose weight NOW: If I had just stuck with my weight loss journey in the first place, I would have been exactly where I wanted to be right now physically. It’s so frustrating to make progress and then screw it up all the time.

One reward you plan on treating yourself to, should you reach your goal weight or mini-goal weights:

A really great looking bikini! I’ve always gotten my bikinis and bathing suits at a cheap place, and have always wanted a nice one from Roxy or Billabong or something, but they are just so expensive. I’ll treat myself to that and then go surfing just wearing a bikini! Something I’ve always wanted to do but have never felt comfortable before.

One permanent thing you want to change about your lifestyle habits:

I want to prove to myself that I CAN do it and stick with something until the end and afterwards. I don’t want to be a quitter anymore and give up so easily.
  • cdl8
    cdl8 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    HW 224
    CW 174
    GW 145

I am a mom to 2 beautiful daughters and have been married for 14 years. I lso work full time as a 2nd grade teacher. I have already lost 44 lbs. The problem is I feel so great right now and look pretty good, that I feel myself slipping back into my old habits. And I will not do that agai!!! I always lose the weight and gain it back plus more. But now I am ready to take back my life and make changes for myself and my family. My family motivates me as well as my own health!!!

I am having minor surgery tomorrow so I will be starting a few days later, but I plan to complete a hybrid of P90X and Turbo Fire since I have already completed both of the programs.

I plan on treating myself and my family to a fantastic vacation where I am not embarrassed to put on a bathing suit!!!

My permanent goal is to make this a life style change. The workouts are habitual now which is great. My eating habits still need work, but I am trying!!! I still like to binge every now and then. This I need to gain control over.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Dear god I'm feeling miserable right now. I think I sweated out more liquid than my entire body had.
  • Ivegonecoastal
    Ivegonecoastal Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, is it too late to join? I like Rhodes of a small group, no where to hide.
  • Ivegonecoastal
    Ivegonecoastal Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I HATE auto correct, that was to be I like the IDEA of a small group...
  • Rukadare
    Options
    We definitely have a few spots that are left, so welcome to the group, ivegonecoasta! :)

As for me...I think it's bedtime. I am so sore, but I feel so good about it! Haha! I can't wait to be able to do a pull up without a chair! haha
  • mrssandra9
    Options
    im in i did round 1 but only got to phase two ive also been running so im not happy with my self not completing p90x
    so could do with motivation as well be good to do this with others
  • tony1307
    tony1307 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Pending the OK from my doctor next week, I am planning on starting July 9
  • dlhartma
    dlhartma Posts: 11
    Options
    Looks like I will complete day one tnrw now instead of yesterday :( I managed to break my nose Friday night, just a hairline fracture, but the doctor WANs me to wait until tmrw to do any hard core exercising. I did however start the diet! So much meat!
  • thump418
    thump418 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I am 3 weeks into my 3rd tour with P90X. I am in. I am always willing to lend support and motivation. Beachbody workouts are great. I have done P90X, P90X2, and Insanity.
  • gust1247
    gust1247 Posts: 23
    Options
    Yay! I want to be a part of this :D

I have started p90x a few times, but I could never stick with it. I am a person who needs someone to hold me accountable. This group is perfect for me. I am so pumped! I will start this evening.

Highest weight: 185 (about 4 years ago)
    Current weight: I'm not too sure because my trainer challenged me not to weigh myself for 2 weeks...but about 145-149, I think.
    Goal weight: About 130-135 or BM% of 18

About me: I am freshly 23 years old. I have a wonderful little boy who motivates me to be better. I am working and going to school. I have been struggling with weight (mostly the emotional eating aspect of weight problems) for many years. I want this to be the last time I have to try to lose weight. I am sick of the rollercoaster that is my struggle with weight. I want to lose fat, gain muscle and get strong, and most of all, I want to develop a HEALTHY relationship with food.

I am so excited to start p90x with other people to help keep me motivated and to help push me through when things get tough, or when it is just easier to not work out one day.
  • jordan1221
    jordan1221 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Okay.....so I didn't do any of the pull-ups for yesterday's workout. I did the push-ups and the exercises that used weights. I didn't have enough energy to do Ab Ripper after the main workout. I may try to do Ab Ripper X in the mornings since it's only 16 minutes long. Overall, I would say I did okay for my first workout. Those dive bombers killed me!! Oh were we supposed to tell you what version of P90X we're doing? If so, I'm doing the classic version. Day 2 today - Plyo. Better not eat too close to this workout or I'll get a yummy surprise........:sick:
  • Rukadare
    Options
    Looks like I will complete day one tnrw now instead of yesterday :( I managed to break my nose Friday night, just a hairline fracture, but the doctor WANs me to wait until tmrw to do any hard core exercising. I did however start the diet! So much meat!

Oh my goodness. o.o How did you break your nose? I'm so sorry and hope that everything heals just fine and it doesn't hurt too much! D:

Good for you for starting the diet yesterday though! :D And yeah! So much protein...I'm a vegetarian, but I'm getting a lot of protein from meat substitutes. I made the most delicious sloppy joes last night..Can't wait to have the leftovers, lol. And they were really healthy! :D

Feel better soon!
  • Rukadare
    Options
    Okay.....so I didn't do any of the pull-ups for yesterday's workout. I did the push-ups and the exercises that used weights. I didn't have enough energy to do Ab Ripper after the main workout. I may try to do Ab Ripper X in the mornings since it's only 16 minutes long. Overall, I would say I did okay for my first workout. Those dive bombers killed me!! Oh were we supposed to tell you what version of P90X we're doing? If so, I'm doing the classic version. Day 2 today - Plyo. Better not eat too close to this workout or I'll get a yummy surprise........:sick:

I borrowed a pull up bar from my boyfriend and did pull ups for the first time ever in my life. o.o The last couple times I've attempted p90x I've just used resistance bands, but after using the pull up bar, and a chair of course, I am more sore than I ever was any of the other times! But it's really motivating because I can't wait until I can do a legit pull up, sans chair! Good for you for doing the workout though! It's so important to listen to our bodies if we're hurting too much, so good job for doing what you could do. :D Soon you'll be doing the pull ups too, and totally owning it! Haha!
  • IAmFranciscoB
    Options
    I'm not doing P90X currently, but I have done it twice previously. But I can always offer tips and suggestions as well as motivation if you would like.
  • Rukadare
    Options
    And one last post to welcome the newcomers to the group!

Ivegonecoasta
    Mrssandra9
    Tony1307
    Thump418
    Gust1247

That puts the group at 16 people..which is totally ok! :D It's really exciting for me to have all you guys for support. Knowing that other people are doing p90x with me makes me even more dedicated than I think I would be on my own. I feel like I can't let you guys down..or myself! :)

So even if you guys are sore from yesterday, keep pushing play and do your best! I know I will be doing so!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options

I was in the same boat on Monday I was going to use the link below to do modified pull ups, but then I decided to check craigslist for some reason and to my surprise someone posted a pull up bar as a part of a set of equipment they were getting rid of ( very nice 20 dollars investment).

link for modified pull ups:-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUAH2CG6V6A
  • mdm3
    mdm3 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Do you have room for one more? I started a P90X/Insanity hybrid on the 2nd and would love to join the group.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I seriously thought I posted, this am (Jul 3) apparently not. Would love to join! Did Chest and Back tonight! Gonna feel it in the am!