What do you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• SweetLillyM
    Options
    Low fat cottage cheese on wheat toast and a cup of coffee, sounds gross but it is so good and keeps me full until lunch time! :smile:
  • mielchat
    mielchat Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    This morning I had scrambled egg whites with tomato puree, courgette and red pepper houmous. It was really nice! Or often I have greek yogurt with fruit and peanut butter.
  • wedjul05
    wedjul05 Posts: 472
    Options
    Either:

- porridge with banana/blueberries
    - bitesize shredded wheat with banana/blueberries or blueberries/strawberries
    - always a hard boiled egg
    - pancakes with 2 slices of bacon
    - pancakes with heaps of fruit and blueberry yoghurt.

Always one of the above, all come out at about 300 cals. very very filing and yum.
  • mrk34
    mrk34 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    My breakfast:

water
    apple, blueberries, or blackberries
    2 slices of dry, 100% whole-grain toasted bread each with a slice of 99% fat free turkey breast
    1 fresh tomato
    hot tea (no milk, no sugar)
    1 capsule of Omega 3

This way of eating increases my metabolism. Another benefit is that I don’t feel hungry. I know it is not a typical “breakfast food”, but it is a part of my eating style that helped me lose 91 pounds without exercise and without being hungry.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Today I had a bowl of Honey Nut Chex-General Mills with 2% Milk.
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    I always make sure i have protein in the morning. I'll make either peanut butter on whole wheat toast, or i have two egg whites, turkey on a whole wheat wrap with some hot sauce to give it a kick.
  • BackToPreBaby
    Options
    Here are my breakfasts for the week

1/2 cup greek yogurt with 1/4 cup raw oatmeal, 1/2 banana, truvia and cinnamon. Mix together enjoy cold

1 cup chex cereal with 1 tbs peanut butter (melted and drizzled on top) 1/4 cup coconut or almond milk

1 egg with spinach, onions and hot sauce

1 cup chex cereal with half banana, cinnamon and 1/4 cup coconut or almond milk

hot oatmeal with one egg white mixed in with truvia, cinnamon and maple syrup

flourless pancakes made with ricotta cheese

If you want any more ideas feel free to message me. I believe in making breakfast as yummy as possible!
  • mrsmarion2b
    Options
    I like routine so I have the same stuff every morning.

2 packets of plain oatmeal with fresh fruit usually strawberries but sometimes I switch it up and use blueberries.

Breakfast, in my opinion, should be fairly big so that you stay full for longer and don't snack as much.

Good luck.
  • mrsmarion2b
    Options
    I usually have 6 tbs of egg whites on wheat toast.

I'm so tired that I totally read this as 6 LBS of egg whites. lol I was like, "Daaaamn, this girl loves her breakfast!"

Me too!!! LOL
  • mscolleen2003
    mscolleen2003 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    This morning
    1/2 peach
    1/2 cup blueberries
    Fiber one chocolate bar (crushed up)
    1.5 oz of walnuts (crushed)

Mix well

Really good and seems to keep me full (about 330 calories). I switch up my fruits every morning, but you get the idea.
  • mscolleen2003
    Options
    That sounds really good.
  • placeboaddiction
    placeboaddiction Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Kroger - Slim-Rite Ultimate Chocolate Royale, 1 can.

That is it. I drink 1 can of this EVERY morning. Its low calories, has enough protein to keep my full until lunch. It gives me wiggle room for dinner or lunch. It is a fairly cheap meal replacement.
  • mscolleen2003
    Options
    Okay, after reading all these I will be circulating mfp neighborhoods for breakfast, Spanish I'm starting with you. Great ideas..okay now I'm starving.. :)
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I love Belvita breakfast biscuits, especially the honey and nut ones. They are yummy and easy, just unwrap and nom nom. 4 biscuits is about 230 calories and they are quite filling, also have vitamins added, what's not to like?

I also eat fruit some days (mostly when I've run out of biscuits!) and cereal occasionally.

I LOVE Belvita biscuits -- my daughter and I eat them as cookies. Delicious!

For me, I value sleep over breakfast prep time, so I eat the same thing almost every morning. Boring, but I've come to look at breakfast as fuel, and I can have more fun/variety with the other meails -- they don't have nearly as much impact on how I feel throughout the day.

I have a protein smoothie, because I don't cook much meat, and I have a hard time getting enough protein. My smoothie gets me 30g of protein, and I have SO much more energy all day long!!! Mine is greek yogurt (4 oz cup), a scoop of protein powder, some flax oil & almond milk, psylium fiber, and spices. The spices are the variety -- sometimes chai, sometimes nutmeg, sometimes plain cinnamon, sometimes pumpkin pie or apple pie spices...but yeah, that's pretty much the only variety for me, unless I throw a handful of fruit in there.

On the weekends, though, it's a different matter! I'll hit the farmer's market first thing, and decide what to make based on what they have. An omlette with fresh veggies & fresh herbs -- yum! I also love multi/whole-grain pancakes loaded up with pecans (lots of pecans here in Texas!).
    11411 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I would normally have two slices of brown toast with butter. thinking i might have weetabix instead. Might keep me fuller for longer etc? Dont' know though. Am very bad when it comes to nutrition. I haven't a clue realy
  • MFPBrandy
    Options
    I usually have 6 tbs of egg whites on wheat toast.

I'm so tired that I totally read this as 6 LBS of egg whites. lol I was like, "Daaaamn, this girl loves her breakfast!"
    Me, too!!! LOL. :)
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Pretty much the same thing most mornings...Turkey bacon with eggs and english muffin. I did get exotic this a.m. and have a bacon egg and cheese:bigsmile:
  • barefootbeauty
    barefootbeauty Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of breakfast, so I try to keep to the same quick meals:

Abundance Maple & Brown Sugar oatmeal with a tablespoon of chocolate chips and a tablespoon of sliced almonds and a 1/2 Tbls of roasted flax seed.

Two hard boiled eggs - sometimes I "devil" them for extra flavor, but no mayo

Green Smoothy: 1 cup 100% carrot juice, 1 cup frozen blueberries, 1 banana, large spoonful of almond butter, flax seed, 2-3 kale leaves (mmmmmmmm)

Kashi whole wheat waffle with a smear of almond butter or Nutella and chobani

Plain chobani with honey, flax, and sometimes fresh fruit
  • MFPBrandy
    Options
    I would normally have two slices of brown toast with butter. thinking i might have weetabix instead. Might keep me fuller for longer etc? Dont' know though. Am very bad when it comes to nutrition. I haven't a clue realy
    Everyone is different, but I find that a breakfast that is solely carbs just makes me hungry sooner, and doesn't give me the energy to face the day. I'm not of the "carbs are evil" mindset; I just think they need to be offset with some good protein, too. Cereal doesn't work for me. So what about slathering your (whole-grain) toast with almond butter and having a small serving of yogurt, too? Breakfast doesn't have to be big to still be effective. I can't rave enough about how much better I feel when I have a protein smoothie in the morning!
  • hoodlette
    hoodlette Posts: 20
    Options
    I'm usually an on-the-go breakfast eater so I'll usually grab a Luna bar on my way (usually close to 180 calories). They have several different flavors so I don't get tired of them.

I also absolutely love any kind of fresh fruit first thing in the morning, especially during the summer. A big plate of fresh fruit would be my ideal breakfast :)