My friend wants me to eat cake

Options

Replies

• Gergal73
    Gergal73 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    The most difficult thing I had to learn to do was to say NO without feeling bad. If you don't want to eat the cake don't let anybody guilt you into doing so. Saying NO is not bad. It's your health and you have every right to say NO to something you don't want to be eating or anything else you don't want to be doing. It's taken nearly 18 months and now the people I'm around the most have learned that when I say NO I mean it and have quit asking and pressuring me to eat things I know I don't want. Good luck! :smile:
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    so I am going to a friends house tonight.. i have got my meals planned out . She has just told me that she has baked a fruit cake and asked if i like fruit cake. I said i do like fruit cake but i am trying to be good.

Now i feel like i am making her feel guilty about eating it .

Should i feel bad becuase i declined the cake ?
    Eat some cake. Just don't eat the whole cake....It's not the end of the world.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Again i do not want to eat the cake... im not bothered about it ... i am an everything in moderation person but today i am not bothered about cake.

I just think i shouldnt have to feel guilty for my decisions...
    OK, so what's the problem again?
  • dnish53
    dnish53 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to be harsh, but the truth is you wouldn't feel guilty unless it did bother you. That is a lesson I have had to learn.
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I'd fit a small slice into your calories. Go for a walk afterward together or something if you're really feeling guilty- but life happens, you shouldn't feel guilty for living a little. A LITTLE. :) don't eat the whole cake haha

BUT SERIOUSLY. Have some. I had a huge issue with avoiding my social life because I felt like I couldn't be healthy and have fun with my friends at the same time. Learn to balance.
  • Louise12
    Louise12 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    So you want us to tell you not to feel guilty about not eating cake you don't want?

Here: Don't feel guilty if you don't want to eat it.

Thanks .. but i shouldnt be made to feel guilty too .. i dont really know why i posted.. i answered my own question really :)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Is your friend's name Marie?
  • mamaclose
    mamaclose Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    well i have no time to work out today so i cant fit it into my calories and to be honest i dont want to eat it .. im happy with my greek yoghurt . I just dont like the fact that i almost feel like i should eat it to make her feel better ....
    You shouldn't eat something you don't want to just to make someone else feel better! This is about YOU, not your friend.
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    So you want us to tell you not to feel guilty about not eating cake you don't want?

Here: Don't feel guilty if you don't want to eat it.

Thanks .. but i shouldnt be made to feel guilty too .. i dont really know why i posted.. i answered my own question really :)
    WHO is making you feel guilty??
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    LET US ALL EAT CAKE! :bigsmile: Problem solved :happy:
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Cake = good
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    take a piece. have a bite or two, don't finish the slice. I was having a really bad day yesterday. My friend came up to me with a piece of cake. And I ate the whole damn thing.

Go for a walk or run at the end of the night. Have some cake, enjoy your friend.

Just don't do it every single day. Lifestyle, not diet. :) Good luck!
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    take a piece. have a bite or two, don't finish the slice. I was having a really bad day yesterday. My friend came up to me with a piece of cake. And I ate the whole damn thing.

Go for a walk or run at the end of the night. Have some cake, enjoy your friend.

Just don't do it every single day. Lifestyle, not diet. :) Good luck!
    1. Having a couple of bites of cake every day would be perfectly fine.
    2. SHE DOES NOT WANT THE CAKE. She's just feeling irrationally guilty about turning down food.
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    You can always just "get full" from dinner and just eat a little piece to try it.
    You can also work out a little harder to earn a bigger piece.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Take the cake, then dump the plate on the floor.
    Say you don't want to eat it now because its floor cake, and your not a dog.

you don't eat it, and your friend's feelings don't get hurt. Dog gets cake.

home_thumbsup.jpg
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Normally if I am going to someone's house for dinner I will eat whatever is served. I feel this is only polite. Just say you are dieting and ask for a very small piece. Or say you are too full after dinner but it looks delicious you would love a piece to take home for later. Then you can choose when or if to eat it.
  • KrystleDawn1982
    KrystleDawn1982 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just have a good time and enjoy yourself. How often do are you asked over to her house for dinner anyway!? Splurge a little and ask her to cut you a small piece. You can't worry about every piece of food you eat.
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    You can always just "get full" from dinner and just eat a little piece to try it.
    You can also work out a little harder to earn a bigger piece.
    Or she could say no politely instead of going through all this crap. She doesn't want it, stop it.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    If you dont have fruit cake planned and would rather not have it tonight and you really like fruit cake, ask her to wrap up a piece so you can take it with you and have it tomorrow (or as I would do, cut the slice into three pieces and spread it out over the next three days LOL).
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Take the cake, then dump the plate on the floor.
    Say you don't want to eat it now because its floor cake, and your not a dog.

you don't eat it, and your friend's feelings don't get hurt. Dog gets cake.

home_thumbsup.jpg

Dogs shouldn't eat human food, it's horrible for their digestive systems.