Replies

• pjortiz54
    pjortiz54 Posts: 4
    Options
    sounds good
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I go big on breakfast but boring for most. Usually I have oatmeal w/raisins/br. sugar and 1/4 cup of walnuts. Also only a tbsp of raisins and br. sugar. Then 4 oz of Vanilla Soymilk and my vitamins. That's during the week. Then on weekends I love eggs and bacon fixed different ways. I was just getting on here to see what other's eat so I could get some new things to try. I have to eat a big breakfast in order to set my day straight on other meals. It's my most important meal for fueling my day:) Denise
  • strawberry1969
    strawberry1969 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    Alpen with no added sugar berries and natural yogurt is what i have everyday!i change the fruit option in the winter !!
  • babycook
    babycook Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I prefer to eat the same thing. It's easier for me. But I don't think it's good for you. So I switch it up. I have steel cut oats with chia seeds and ground flax seed. Omelets stuffed with veggies, Eggs, bacon or sausage. Depends on what I buy that week. The odd time I have quaker harvest crunch. I know it's not the healthiest but I love it.
  • stumpycow
    stumpycow Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    These ideas sound delicious. I'll be trying some of these out!

I have a bowl of oatmeal with a dash of sugar and a splash of milk or a poached egg over bread.
  • corrinnebrown
    Options
    Aidelles has a pineapple bacon chicken sausage (uhm YUM) I eat half the link along with 2 eggs. That gets me at about 250 calories for breakfast. However I am not hungry until lunch
  • lynnmarie60
    lynnmarie60 Posts: 325
    Options
    Boiled eggs with 35 calorie bread and 1/2 wedge laughing cow cheese.
    Different types of whole grain cereal with 1% milk, banana or strawberries in it.
    Bagel Thin with laughing cow cream cheese and 1% milk
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Today, I had a grilled chicken breast, eggs scrambled with spinach and red bell peppers, and fresh strawberries.

Sometimes I have just the egg portion of that. Sometimes I have Greek yogurt (if plain, with a fresh fruit mixed in). Sometimes a protein shake (I usually have fruit and/or peanut butter in them).
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I usually just have a cup of soy milk with my vitamins in the morning. But when I do eat breakfast I like Kashi frozen waffles with soynut butter and a little maple syrup, old fashioned oats (straight out of box, no added liquid) with peanut butter and a little maple syrup, or leftovers from dinner.

Those are my usuals, but today I had an apple with hummus.
  • FR89
    FR89 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    depends..

during week day:

oat so simple or toast with peanut butter or toast on its own or (when i have time in the morning) omelette sandwich with cheese and ketchup..or.. on fridays i get 1 toast with egg and hash brown ..fry up breakfast at work on fridays!*

weekend:

i hardly wake up in time for breakfast.. it always ends up being lunch! Or just toast if im up early..(on the go as thats the only reason i'd be up - if i had to be somewhere) haha

*Big breakfast means a smaller lunch because having egg in the morning makes me less hungry at lunch - so dont worry .. i'm still on the healthy vibe!! =) x
  • Camberries7
    Camberries7 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup of fat free of lowfat cottage with our without a 1/2-1 cup of fresh fruit and 2 original triscuits. It is more filling than you think! If you need more food, I suggest half a container (3oz) of Greek yogurt. I eat it every morning and I love it.
  • JeremiahStone
    JeremiahStone Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    i usually pick any fruit thats close to hand, throw it the blender with a scoop or two of protein powder, and half cup of almond milk and a cup of ice.. blend it till its smooth and its like eating ice cream for bfast :p
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Usually Rice Krispies. Today I had strawberries and blueberries! :)
  • reallyally1
    Options
    I have several meals that I like to rotate throughout the week:

1 cup plain greek yogurt with fresh strawberries or cherries mixed in (220-250 cals)
    1 packet Quaker instant oatmeal with fresh blueberries mixed in (250 cals)
    2 poached eggs, 1 light multi-grain english muffin, and some kind of fresh fruit (290-340 cals)
    1 light multi-grain english muffin with peanut butter and a banana (320 cals)
  • msmindylee
    msmindylee Posts: 61
    Options
    I have various things I like to have for breakfast, changing them up now and again so I don't get bored.

~1/2 cup egg white with some shredded cheese and salsa, zap for a minute, stir, zap for another minute, serve on whole grain thin bun
    ~lowfat yogurt with generic "grape nuts" cereal (about 1/4 cup in a standard-sized yogurt cup
    ~Amy's breakfast burrito, wrap, or tofu scramble pocket

There's usually at least one piece of fresh fruit in there too.
  • akagudelo
    akagudelo Posts: 12
    Options
    4 oz ground turkey breast
    4 egg whites
    1/2 grapefruit (substitue1/2 cup oats on carb load days)

I usually make the whites and turkey into an omelette