Is this mean?

Options
123457»

Replies

• gatecityradio
    Options
    Are you that distant from your mom that you couldn't say this to her face to face? A letter seems awful cold.

This x2
  • Finally22
    Finally22 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Very brave letter! I sure hope she receives it with the love and care that it was meant to have.

Exactly....
    Wow -
  • Lar349
    Lar349 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I say no way to sending the letter, I would be pretty angry that u were that bitter to sit and write the letter, it would cause her to talk to your sibblings behind your back as it mentions them and will make comms even worse, she will be afraid to speak to up. Tge best option would be to just flipantly say flipping heck mum your driving me mad, I dont want to talk about my weight constantly, its nice u care but grrrr stop - now put the kettle on x
  • hyperionguy
    Options
    I just don't know if I would have posted it on the interwebs.......

This x10!

^^ Yes!
    Not knowing your complete situation, I would not know if this is mean or not. It sounds mean to me though. Personally, I would take my mother telling my sister about my weightloss as a compliment, she is proud of you and wants to share your success.

^^ Yes!

When I read the letter it seemed more of your issue than hers. I read it as mean and manipulative, but then again I don't know the whole story from an objective POV.

I agree that this is a letter to write to yourself then throw away.

Your weight is personal? Not it isn't, sorry. You wear it and show it to everyone every day. The specific number is irrelevant and not what matters.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    You did a really nice job of writing this letter. It's not mean in the least bit, but as someone who communicates verbally, it's a slap in the face when I receive an email or letter about someone's beef with me when they didn't try to speak with me about it first. It really depends on your personal situation and your mom's personality, which none of us can judge.

If anything, writing this letter was a great way for you to organize your thoughts and figure out how to present your problems in a kind but firm way.
  • hyperionguy
    Options
    And remember this. In any relationship the person who cares the least gets to make all the rules.

I've never heard this. I had to think about it a bit. i really like it.