Water has calories and its all a scam?

Options
1235»

Replies

• futuremalestripper
    futuremalestripper Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Proving you wrong. It is H2O , single oxygen therefore you formula is wrong. Second if everyone drank only 48oz. ,which is six cups, of water each day, your caloric intake could be as high as 720 calories a day. Since we have not been counting it as calories we would be in excess of 5000 cal per week for water alone. We should all be gaining another lb. and half unless we burn another 5000 cal in exercise. Does this make sense? there is such a thing as deductive reasoning also. It is not reasonable to come to your conclusion. One of the first proofs in elementary math is does your answer sound reasonable? This does not.:noway:

^ You're an idiot. The formula started with 2H2O ergo 2 molecules. This is done because oxygen is diatomic.

Secondly, this is a redox reaction and will also produce electrons. Water is quite stable and it isn't just going to separate in this manner. It would need either an extremely large amount of energy to separate them or else a reaction with another molecule. That molecule would inevitably result in new formations which will then absorb energy as well. Also, we're talking about thermal heat released in a reaction as opposed to the kind of energy your body derives from food.

If our bodies only needed thermal energy, then sitting in the oven would keep us full.
    This crap ignores biology and chemistry.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    If we metabolised water into energy we would all die of dehydration.
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    And it's also true that water is the perfect replacement for gasoline! Just fill your tanks with water and burn it instead! Works great, I do it all the time! :laugh:

You know - sugar has even more calories, so wouldn't sugar water be an even BETTER replacement?

Just sayin'...

Oooh! I think you're on to something! I'll go give this a try and report back. I'll bet my gas mileage will increase at least 20%!

Wow, I just had a flashback from when I was, maybe, 4 years old?

Some intrepid high school chemists were trying this very experiment on my dad's new VW Beetle. He was so impressed with their ingenuity that he offered them the use of his baseball bat, at high velocity, repeated times as they ran down the street.

It was a very scientific and athletic evening.
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    seriousness... first off your body doesn't burn water, I don't even think it is possible to do so in nature, it breaks the particles down to use in things like stomach acid... or keep it as it is to provide a fluid base for all the liquid parts of your body
  • thebaconbeast
    thebaconbeast Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Do you understand heat exchange?

1 calorie is the energy needed to increase the temperature of 1 gram of water by 1 °C at 1 atmosphere of pressure.
  • pamperedhen
    pamperedhen Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    We should get the government involved...as it is a major compontant of acid rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smokin:
  • KatKatatrophic
    KatKatatrophic Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    FacePalm.gif
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options

And incidentally, water is not h2o2 ;)

if we were drinking H2O2 that would be no good!

Haha, quite ;) Wonder if hydrogen peroxide has calories in it....
  • nevertoolate2
    nevertoolate2 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Somebody ****ing kill me!!!!!

Drink a load of water - obesity and heart failure will quickly follow and none of us will have to get our hands dirty.
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    We should get the government involved...as it is a major compontant of acid rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smokin:

I think this is a prudent time to point out the inherent dangers involved in H2O.

See this informative and well-researched website for more information:
    http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

SPREAD THE TRUTH ABOUT THIS HARMFUL CHEMICAL!
  • MrsFolk
    MrsFolk Posts: 205
    Options
    Thank God, I really wanted to switch back to beer and now I have a reason. Don't want to get a water gut.

HAHAHAHAHA
  • owl92
    owl92 Posts: 74
    Options

I think this is a prudent time to point out the inherent dangers involved in H2O.

See this informative and well-researched website for more information:
    http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

SPREAD THE TRUTH ABOUT THIS HARMFUL CHEMICAL!

:drinker: :drinker:
  • Steven
    Steven Posts: 593 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hi Folks,

I think this has run its course and is only going to lead to insults and other problems at this point. I'm locking 'er down.

Happy 4th.

Steven
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.