No late night snacking - last one for 2009 :)

Options

Replies

• lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Day two under my belt...barely. I had a meeting from 7:30 until my cutoff time (9 p.m.) and then promised my daughter I'd watch a movie with her as she has no school tomorrow. She was eating yummy caramel popcorn and a peppermint milkshake. I had to keep reminding myself not to take "just one bite". Of course, when I woke up for work this morning at 3 a.m., I was more than ready for something in my belly. But day two done. Hope you all are doing well. Fill up on yummy stuff today.

:smile: :smile:
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    I will definitely join this group! I have a big problem wiht late nite snacking.

My cut off time would be 7pm Wednesday through Friday and 8:30 pm Sunday through Tuesday ( Monday and Tuesday i have evening classes and by the time i get home its like 8pm)

Lets do this!!:smile:
  • Tdenman
    Options
    I am so in this is one of my biggest struggles my cut off time is going to be 8:30 Good luck everyone
  • Tdenman
    Options
    I am so in this is one of my biggest struggles my cut off time is going to be 8:30 Good luck everyone
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Day 1 down :drinker:. I finished dinner a little bit past 9, but I stayed with my dinner plan and had no more food afterwards. It was a bit over 2hrs before going to bed, so I am happy with the new start :smile:.
  • jiveleigh
    Options
    I would love to join if it's not too late!

Last night was terrible:explode: . I am going to make my time 8:00pm!
  • Positively_Me
    Options
    dAY ONE DOWN!!! NOW I AM OFF TO BED:) GOOD NITE ALL
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    :smile: :smile: :smile: Finished day 3. Of course, it helped that I was in bed by 8, one hour before my cut off time :wink:

BTW, thank you to ALL of you for this post. It has helped me so much. I'm actually finding the pounds slowly but surely come off and am feeling more energetic in the morning by not eating so late at night (I get up at 3 a.m. for work, so any little bit of energy help). So THANK YOU for all your posts and support.
  • dewdrop
    Options
    I wasn't feeling well last night, so I could not stick with the plan. At least I wasn't eating just for the fun of it :smile:
    lulabellewoowoo, you are inspirational! :flowerforyou:
    Where's everyone else? It wasn't such a great idea to start this right before Thanksgiving, right? Nevermind, just take it from there, there's not such thing here as "I missed one day, I'm giving up". Watch me constantly fail and you'll see why this thread still exists :D.
  • Veronica320
    Options
    We never do anything for T-Day (not really holiday people) so yesterday was fine for me. The weekends are really my biggest downfall. It's like Friday hits....and I automatically start craving pizza and breaksticks. Actually, I think I may be a little bit more successful after a slip up. It's like I'm mad at myself or something so then I'm good for awhile.
  • jiveleigh
    Options
    My first day last night and I failed. Miserably. So disappointed in myself this morning. :cry:
  • Positively_Me
    Options
    for all the people who failed, please don't give up...tomorrow is a new day. Stay positive and small step to accomplishment..don't worry.

for me, i made it one more evening w/o snacking after "curfew"...Goodd nite all...off to bed.
  • jennbissonnette
    Options
    Well, i feel like a *kitten*! I was reading this post and i got hungry! I tried for 30mins not to eat and my dumb butt went with a cup of rice crispy cereal! Whata jerk! I really need to try this but i dont see how it will work. like the rest of you ladies im great all day and when it hits 8pm its like a little evil character comes in my mind and waves twinkies, cereal and all that bad "undo your day" food! Heeellpp. I feel even worse because its a lack of self controll! Whats a women to do???
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: Day four down. Now for the dreaded weekend.

I'm trying something new. I have my alarm set for 9 o'clock (my cutoff time). Then I keep snoozing it for ten minutes for the rest of the evening until I go to bed. If after about 30 minutes, if I'm home, and I still feel munchy, I try and go to bed because usually I'm just tired or bored.

I see a lot of you have like 8 o'clock cut offs. This week I've been doing well with 9 o'clock, so I keep thinking that I should make it earlier, but why fix something that isn't broken. So for all of you who may be struggling, why not put your cut off time 30 minutes LATER. If that doesn't work, then start with an hour. Then if you are successful with that for a week, then start decreasing it by maybe 15 minutes until you get to where you want to. Like exercise and healthy eating, small changes usually mean big successes. Just a thought as I'm going through my own week.

I hope you all have a GREAT WEEKEND with family and friends!
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Last night I was good. :smile: So two days down in total, 1 day for the consecutive counter.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I finally got one under my belt! :laugh: :laugh: Last night we had a late dinner, so I think that helped. Dinner at 9 and nothing after 10 except for a couple peices of gum... that doesn't count right??

Going for two consecutive days tonight.. woot! Great job to all of you, keep it up!
  • healthworks
    Options
    Eating after dinner in front of the TV is my down fall & a big NO-NO!

PLEASE count me in!

I will start tonight... My cut off- 8 pm. Wish me luck with TG pumpkin pie in the fridge:smile:
  • healthworks
    Options
    Day one ... I finished dinner @ 7:20, brushed my teeth and that was it! I am wanting to make this a CONSCIOUS habit!! :smile:
  • Positively_Me
    Options
    day 3 down...so happy
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Day 2 down... woot!