8 Reasons your Weight Training Results SUCK.

Replies

• ClareRae
    ClareRae Posts: 153 Member
    bump :-)
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    This is why I follow a program. NRoL4W has taught me about all of these points, and I am seeing results like whoa. Most importantly of all, it's a realistically-paced, longer program to follow. Insanity and P90X may work great for some people, but I'd rather lift weights for 6 months a few times a week, than work like a madwoman for 2 months every day before giving up because it's all too much/too boring, personally
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,243 Member
    Bump
  • DAKTHREE
    DAKTHREE Posts: 52
    Just what I needed to read. Thank You!!!
  • abetterjune
    abetterjune Posts: 219
    bump to finish reading later when I'm not too tired to actually understand!!
  • ladykate7
    ladykate7 Posts: 206 Member
    I agree about increasing weight lifted when it gets too easy. But the small weights have a place.

I don't know how to describe the exercise, but it works the rotator cuff. I don't think I'll ever lift heavier than 5 lbs on that exercise, I can't to 3lbs with it yet either. When I tried increasing to 3 lbs all I did was get injured.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    I agree about increasing weight lifted when it gets too easy. But the small weights have a place.

I don't know how to describe the exercise, but it works the rotator cuff. I don't think I'll ever lift heavier than 5 lbs on that exercise, I can't to 3lbs with it yet either. When I tried increasing to 3 lbs all I did was get injured.

Had you checked your form prior to doing that exercise? See no matter how great the exercise is but if its done in bad form then it will lead to injuries. Even walking can lead to injuries if its done in bad form. The first time that you progress to a heavier weight, do it in fewer reps & if you find that your muscles fatigue after only 3-4 reps then that means the weight is too heavy for you.
  • KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    Bump - great article, thanks!!
  • cheddle
    cheddle Posts: 102 Member
    *golden text of shinyness*
    <3

You are fantastic
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    I want to read this but I don't have time. Guess I just have to bump for later. I hate doing that.
  • kcragg
    kcragg Posts: 239 Member
    bump
  • nuttyduffy
    nuttyduffy Posts: 255 Member
    To read later :wink:
  • drsteph01
    drsteph01 Posts: 82
    Thanks for sharing!
  • claresusan
    claresusan Posts: 121 Member
    Bump to read later :)
  • Barkley87
    Barkley87 Posts: 126 Member
    I read through this and didn't recognise any of these in me thanks to my personal trainer. If I can add one onto this list it would be invest in a personal trainer! They'll make sure you're not making any of the mistakes in the article. It was one of the best investments I made :bigsmile:
  • tuppance
    tuppance Posts: 132 Member
    Bump for later
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member

I love using stretch bands/resistance bands for rotator cuff training. You might find it easier to get stronger with them..

Before anyone yaps at me, I only use resistance bands for joint training, and they are damn useful there, so hush!
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Great information - thanks for posting. :flowerforyou:
  • GurvD
    GurvD Posts: 32 Member
    I just want to recommend Stronglifts 5x5 program. It is simple and and there is a free app for it. I just wish I had found it sooner.
  • Momma_Grizz
    Momma_Grizz Posts: 294 Member
    bump