Anyone have a 4th of July Epic Food Fail?

Options

Replies

• TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I actually stayed within my cals. But my macros were pretty hit. So i'd consider it a free day. As I usually do on a wednesday so it worked out pretty well for me.
  • AnitaVolpato
    AnitaVolpato Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    You all have great stories and attitudes ;) As for myself ? Bam! Homemade icecream ! gotta love it on the 4th of July!!! Hey today is another day! (((((((((HUGS))))))))))):blushing:

((((((((((HUGS))))))))))) To you too....

(((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) To my 634 calorie's over.. with exercise... ha ha ha
  • bsix3
    bsix3 Posts: 291
    Options
    it was a borderline EFF for me! I don't feel bad though because I stayed away from my crack which is bread! haha! Belive me, i'm back on it today.
  • bcw660816
    bcw660816 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    We went to Golden Corral and had buffet for a late lunch. I knew it was coming so ate a small breakfast and went to both Curves AND the gym. Pigged out ~ all healthy choices except the Bourbon Chicken and Spicy Chicken Tender. I was about 600 calories over my normal caloric allowance, but with a 35 minute evening walk I had it covered and even had about 175 calories left according to MFP. I never eat back excercise calories, trying to stay between 1600-1750 calories a day (BMR is about 1710), but yesterday I was glad to have them so I could stay in the green. :laugh:
  • AnitaVolpato
    AnitaVolpato Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    4th July has absolutely no significance to me

Hey even if it wasn't a holiday for you ..... it's still a day on the calendar and another day that God allowed you to breathe... That is significant... :)
  • midcoast_mommy
    midcoast_mommy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I had two beers, popcorn, a hamburger, and a hot fudge sundae. :grumble: I regretted it so much and thought for sure I was going to gain, but I stepped on the scale this morning and my weight hadn't budged. So it wasn't a complete fail after all! :drinker:
  • kapzilla
    kapzilla Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call it a fail. I knew what I was doing when I stuffed my face last night! It was worth it too!

I'm back on track today! :)
  • trm981
    trm981 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I did, and it was not worth it at all. I did all right up to around 9pm when my son freaked out during fireworks so I came back inside with him, and proceeded to snack on a huge bowl of Doritos that were still sitting out. They weren't even that good! I also ate a cookie and a brownie. I added almost 1000 calories to my day in 15 minutes and it wasn't even satisfying. I'm disappointed in myself. BUT I haven't gone over calorie goals in about a month before this so I should be proud of myself for that! Back on the wagon today.
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I did it. I am guilty and you know what? I don't think it's a big deal... just got to get back on track today. I sat on here last night and laughed so hard at my diary. It was the worst food day for me since I started getting in shape.. :)

*raising hand*
  • paulamhunt
    paulamhunt Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I had one of my grand daughters and she wanted choc ice cream with rainbow sprinkles... Now everyone know a grandma can not say no to a cute little 4 year old... I did decide to go with the salt sea carmel preztel frozen yogurt with cookie dough bites.. so yummy and never thought about calories the whole time eating out with Miss Brooke... We also went to Bass Pro to view the animals, which she did inform me they were not real, you can touch them and they won't bite and processed to show me.. soooo freaking cute... She wanted some of the down home cookin from McDonalds too... so yes, grandma went to McDonalds.. Great day with the little one and do not regret a calorie... :o)

Your day with Miss Brooke sounds absolutely wonderful. I would so hang with you Grandma.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Yup, I thought not eating till the party I'd be safe, but them damn pecan and coconut cookies I think got the better of me.
  • Par4theCourse
    Options
    Well, our neighbors just got back from Aruba last night & we got into some tropical drinks with salmon & shrimp, so we had an Epic Booze Blast & my head went bang. Haha! Neighborhood fireworks were great!! My eyes looked like "the rockets red glare" ! An hour on the treadmill and I feel lots better. :glasses:
  • jeannelawrie
    jeannelawrie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Two scoops of birthday cake frozen custard! I went over by more than 600 calories, but back at it today! It was soooooo worth every spoonful though!!!!
  • paulamhunt
    paulamhunt Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Ate lots of goodies - Snicker Salad, Funfetti cake truffles (note the "s" on the end), cookie dough ice cream. Of these splurges, I made the 1st two. (My son's b-day was the 3rd and he requested those foods). Tried to be "good" - walked around a living history museum in the afternoon to "work" some of it off, ate a salmon burger rather than a beef one. Went over allotment for calories, but scale was down .4 this morning???
  • AshRyd
    AshRyd Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    this is my cheat week (for my birthday)

me too!!! Happy birthday! the 3rd for me, grabbed a good movie, some pizza and some puffed popcorn on tuesday evening and had a great time!

4th i did much better as i made sure to be the one that brought the good food this year, veggie tray and fruit tray!
  • MamaAlora
    MamaAlora Posts: 6
    Options
    I had two chocolate covered strawberries (not horrible) and the killer - a GIANT piece of fried dough (very horrible!!). But July 4th is the one time a year I get it and it was delicious! Pretty proud of myself since I baked cupcakes and made smores pops for our get-together but didn't eat either one. Woohoo!
  • jdhosier
    jdhosier Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I had cookouts to go to on the 3rd and the 4th. 1500 + calories over on each day. Grilled salmon, brats and burgers with potato salad, multi-bean baked beans, guac and chips and etc., etc. Back on track today. :drinker:
  • TeraGC
    TeraGC Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    It's all about accountability and not letting one bad day ruin it for you! :D

One day shouldn't ruin anything - Let yourself enjoy food once in a while, just get right back on track today... work a little harder this week and I personally don't think that one cheat day a week is too much. I usually try for one meal a week then an actual day every other week or so.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I was over my goal by 763 calories! That's what I logged :wink:
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I had a little of everything I wanted. Plus I ran and walked like crazy yesterday. Those yummy morsels were well earned. :happy: