Looking for friends with 1200 calorie range

Options

Replies

• j2tyco
    j2tyco Posts: 42
    Options
    I am 5 foot 3 and have over 125 pounds to lose total. I have been messing with my cals and the last few weeks been at around the 1200 mark --I did manually adjust what my counter says to 1380 based off of some convoluted and confusing math and charts on another post but I have yet to actually eat up to that yet...I also haven't joined the eat back exercise calories train of thought yet either (I may eat back a little of the cals but not all or even half-if I am hungry)...all things I will do if/when I plateau so for now I am in this range and would love more *SUPPORT*-- especially people with OPEN diaries to friends so I can get more food ideas and avoid the ruts I get into :-)

* I emphasize support because I am also not interested in people adding me to then passively aggressively wall post or message me that I need to eat MORE---what those folks don't get is that for some of us this it is JUST as much psychological training to learn about real portion sizes and healthy choices are as it is about numbers so it is really detrimental to have people who may very well be having tons of success going a different route that feel some overwhelming need to shove what works for them down others throats. off my soap box now ;-)
  • lou1618
    lou1618 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My starting cals was 1230 daily, set now at 1210 cals daily.... Started MFP mid Jan....reached my goal back in May ,(goal was to loss 16 lbs) , but have loss total of 25.5 lbs...as of right thats 7 lbs under my original goal weight. I've not change my setting to maintaining yet, but planning on doing so soon........I focus more on my weekly total then daily....and I know I will get slam for it, but I dont eat back my workouts cals, only use them when I need them or if I'm hungry..There are days that I have a hard time meeting my cals and others when I'll go over...u can add me if u like.... I'm 49 and 5'4.5.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I have a goal of 1200 although truthfully I don't usually make it up to 1200. I need to change my eating habits I think, because I don't eat enough calories :( grrr.
  • kissenkate15
    Options
    I am also looking for friends in the 1200 calorie range. I am currently 180 pounds at a height of 5 foot 4. I started out weighting 191 about 6 weeks ago. I have however stopped worrying about the scale because I have now started doing weight training so I know I have probably lost more weight than what the scale says but I am putting on muscle which is causing me to gain weight. I am now going by how my clothes fit and also measuring myself. Anyone who wants to add me can. :D
  • jaimesuefit
    Options
    1200 calories is hard. I'm still working on finding good combinations to accomplish that.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I'm in that range :)
  • dawn9355
    dawn9355 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm also trying to stay at 1200 calories/day. Sometimes its easier than other times. I try to leave more calories for the end of the day so I don't feel deprived and over eat. Secret for me is to stay busy and not just sit around a long time in the evening. If I do I tend to snack although I snack healthy I can still go over 1200.
  • lkplibra
    lkplibra Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me. My daily calorie goal is 1200. Some days I am right on track, others I'm over. But if you look at my food diary you can see that even on the 1200 calorie days I am eating food. So many of the diaries I see have protein shake or low calorie bar, and I can't do that. I need to eat food. I am so glad you posted this as I am very curious as to what others are doing.
  • leenabeana1
    Options
    You can add me:) I'm at 1200 calories a day too. I eat whatever I want as long as I stay within my calories, which at first was extremely hard, before I was eating 2500+ a day:( If I go over I work out before bed if I can, but I don't dread on it if I go over either we are working hard and some times we need a break! Good Luck!
  • Compass04
    Compass04 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me! I started in December with this strict 1200 range (I'm 5'1" and had 35 pounds to lose, 10 to go) and after about 4 weeks found I had adjusted and was not hungry all the time. Now I'm hungry only part of the time! Your body WILL adjust! Exercise, particularly intervals, will help a ton. It also helps to have one free day per week for exercise and food (not necessarily the same day).

Do not give up! Just track everything, everything, everything. Take one day a week off completely and eat whatever you want. In between, stick to the 1200 and as high fiber as possible, with plenty of water. It helps a lot to know that one day per week is blow it day. Save up your cravings for then! It is also possible to add one free meal a week if you need to, just so long as you keep losing 1% of your weight per week.

I really liked the plan laid out in "The Game One Diet". But just counting 1200 with one day off works fine.

Good luck!

If you eat healthy all week...and eat what ever you want you may never lose the weight you would like. If you just go to fast foods and have a burger, fries and a cola you can be at 3500 calories, for that meal alone. You are just wasting your time. Food really shouldn't be a treat or a reward when your trying to lose weight. This is just what I have found during my journey....others may feel differently

I agree with this! You could blow all the hard work you put in throughout the week with that one day of eating whatever you want. Find replacements for the guilty pleasures you enjoy. A guilty pleasure of mine would be fast food (especially when I'm in a rush). I rarely eat fast food now but when I do, I go to McDonalds and get 1 cheeseburger that is a little over 300 calories, which is the lowest of the fast food burgers I've seen. It's still not healthy and I won't do it very often but it's a lot better than going somewhere and getting a 1,000 calorie burger. I also love ice cream, so instead of normal ice cream, I buy the snack-size fudge bars (by Weight Watcher's, I think) that are only 45 calories. It's all about finding replacements!

Also, exercise is a VERY important tool. I exercise 1) so I can get toned, and 2) because then I can eat a little more. It's really motivational to think "If I go on a 30 minute run today, I can eat an extra ~300 calories." Just don't over-estimate, which I swear most people do!

Oh and by the way, I'm 5' 2.5" and I currently weigh 125 pounds. I started at 141 and I have another 10 pounds to go before I'd consider myself "perfect" for me at least....which means I'd be happy after I lose another 5 pounds. :)

Stick with it! "Nothing tastes as good, as looking good feels!"

Good luck!
  • cardozm
    cardozm Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    me ,,me ,, me
  • SONIA820
    SONIA820 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I have been in this range since January when I started and I haven't had a hard time, you just need to eat better...I fill up with lots of fruit and veggies and protein and fiber are a MUST!!! I don't drink milk (because it's like pop to me!) Water, water, water! :) Figure out what makes you FULL...for me, oatmeal or toast just won't cut it, I will be starved in an hour but if I eat eggs in whatever form for breakfast I will make it to lunch! :)

I don't eat back my exercise calories and I never feel hungry until it's time to eat...you just have to keep at it and find out what works for you!!! :) You can add me if you like! I make flatout pizza's almost every week!! :)
  • 1holegrouper
    1holegrouper Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1,290/day and have been doing this for about the last month. Feel free to look at my logs. You will see times I've done well and also times I've blown it!

Edit; Nutrition becomes extremely much more important when you are running a calorie deficit. The 'I eat anything I want as long as I stay in my calorie goal' is downright dangerous to your health.
  • AbbsyBabbsy
    AbbsyBabbsy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I aim for 1200-1300 a day, but I don't sweat it if I go a little over toward 1400 occasionally. Especially if there is ice cream involved. I don't eat back my exercise calories. I have upped my calories before due to MFP peer pressure (OMGZZZ 1200 calories is starvation!), and my acid reflux, which has completely disappeared, came back, I was having digestive problems and feeling sluggish. I'm short and my body likes less food. Anyone can feel free to add me for support!
  • claubita
    claubita Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey, How are you !!
    I can not loose weight !!! How about u ?? r u doing well ?
    regards,
    Cbt
  • susiebear29
    susiebear29 Posts: 266
    Options
    Hello!!! I am 1200 too, i usually eat back some of my exercise calories if Im hungry, I only have a few pounds to lose now I have lost 16 since March, feel free to add me and look at my food diary, I don't eat meat though so may not be very useful to you?!!! good luck with your weight loss and keep smiling!!! :smile:
  • jumatwins
    jumatwins Posts: 74
    Options
    Hi,

I am also in the 1200 cal range, feel free to add me, or anyone else who would like to add me. I would love to have friends in that same range. I'm 5'3" and aiming to loose another 5-10 pounds, but mostly transforming the fat into lean muscle :-)
  • mmancini73
    mmancini73 Posts: 89
    Options
    You can add me...I'm within that range, but just getting started so I'd love ideas too!
  • casey24G
    casey24G Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same track..1200 calories per day makes me feel hungry in the night..but i'm trying to divide my meal in 5. breakfast ,lunch,afternoon snack and dinner.goodluck to all of us.
  • AbbyLouiseCarr
    Options
    My calories goal here is 1200 bang on. I thought it would be so hard but it depends on the transition, I'm really into cooking and can help people out with low calorie meal plans :)