Anyone have a 4th of July Epic Food Fail?

Options

Replies

• verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I suppose :laugh:

We went to a "lobster bake" yesterday ..... the seafood wasn't the problem ..... it was the beer, and the bread & butter ...... but no big deal, am back to the usual routine this morning ..... lots of veggies, protein & water ..... and a little extra time at the gym ..... it's all good !
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I did semi bad- I had a brownie and 3 Bud light Lime's. Other than that I had a great food day. did over an hour of swimming with the kids.
  • lorettaasmith
    lorettaasmith Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Sure did! I planned to fail yesterday! BUT, I also ran the Peachtree Road Race (6.2 miles plus at least a mile walk on either end getting to and from the MARTA station) and walked more than a mile each way into town to watch the fireworks last night. No regrets!
  • kdtink
    kdtink Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I had to work but that just meant everyone brought in goodies. I really ate too many doughnuts...but they were so yum! And I knew I would be back on track again today. I'm glad I am making better choices. I didn't spend all day grazing; I drank more water and sampled the things I wanted. It made it easier than denying myself and I was able to flex my self control (for the first time in years!!!!). It made me realize that losing weight the right way and having support from this site really is changing the way I treat food. (Thanks guys!!!)

2764416.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I sort of did. Our power got knocked out by the storm that came through on Friday. I've basically been living on peanut butter crackers and warm ice tea for the last five days. I did have one lunch from Taco Bell after they opened back up on the 4th. It actually wasn't as tasty as I remembered. Our power came back on late in the evening yesterday, and I'm back to eating decently and walking on my treadmill again.

It's hard to care much about healthy eating and exercise when it's 95-100 degrees and you don't even have electricity to run a fan. Thankfully I kept enough control that I didn't pig out every day and gain a bunch of weight.

Edit: I also have a couple boxes of peanut butter crackers to use up or give away. :laugh:
  • smturner510
    smturner510 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes, lots to eat and drink, but it was worth it. I wouldn't call it a FAIL though; it's good to cheat, just not all the time.
  • SAVVYstylist19
    Options
    I was over my goal by like 600+ calories yesterday. And I am not even going to think about it. I enjoyed the smores lol. But I did track everything and that helps me stay on track for the rest of the week, and I know I will be hitting the gym like 3 more times this week. And I just cleaned the crap out of my house and got a nice work out in :) If you did bad yesterday, don't beat yourself up, just do good the rest of the week!!!
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Omg yes. I think I had 1,000 cals in alcohol alone yesterday!
  • AnitaVolpato
    AnitaVolpato Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Well, our neighbors just got back from Aruba last night & we got into some tropical drinks with salmon & shrimp, so we had an Epic Booze Blast & my head went bang. Haha! Neighborhood fireworks were great!! My eyes looked like "the rockets red glare" ! An hour on the treadmill and I feel lots better. :glasses:

HA HA HA HA HA HA..... Cheers!
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    alcohol, hotdogs, white buns (white is supposed to be blight!!!), chips and an ice cream sandwich. Yep. Epic fail for yesterday, but it was fun. Now I'm at work and a little hungover ;-)
  • AnitaVolpato
    Options
    Hey serious people on the topic! The title alone should let you know that there is supposed to be laughter here..

Some of us really did it big yesterday. We showed out and ate like Templeton the Rat in Charlotte's Web.. and it was fun! Laugh!

Epic Fail! LOL
  • brittmar25
    brittmar25 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm new to MFP--joined last week. :o)

The ONLY reason I didn't have an EFF is because I STAYED IN THE HOUSE and watched Chicagolicious and NCIS all dammm day! LOLOL I did manage to drag my *kitten* outta the house around 7:30-ish to go for a walk, but decided to do the nice, air-conditioned gym instead. But, I know my time is coming. LOLOL

I stayed in and watched Criminal Minds--haha. It was VERY hot and stormy in Michigan.
  • sistasledge101
    Options
    I splurged and had a 12oz rib eye.. it was delicious. I ate it like I had not had beef in years..I fit it into my daily calories though, so it was a good day!
  • twinmom14ek
    twinmom14ek Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Food Fail?
    No, I had a food binge which I planned, so actually, it's not a failure but a success!:drinker:
    I achieved my goal which was to eat like a rooting hog.
    Remember, life is to be lived, and success is always a choice.

Love this!!! I did pretty much the same: I gave myself permission to eat with abandon. It all began with the bag of barbeque potato chips I picked at the beer stop on our way to the cookout. I tore into those things with abandon in the car--you know, it's impolite to show up to someone's house absolutely ravenous... :happy:

Didn't exactly tear it up alcohol-wise (no more than 5 drinks all day), but my stomach was still complaining this morning. I shut it up with a cajun filet biscuit combo from Bojangle's. :bigsmile: So...the binge continued a bit into today. I'm done for now...until vacation week starts on Saturday!
  • Jessamine
    Jessamine Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I was 1200 over my goal yesterday. My really bad moment was when I binged on a (regular size) bag of chips with my husband.

I was expecting my total calories to be around 5000-6000 for the day. I was pleasantly surprised when it was only 2700.
  • AnitaVolpato
    Options
    Food Fail?
    No, I had a food binge which I planned, so actually, it's not a failure but a success!:drinker:
    I achieved my goal which was to eat like a rooting hog.
    Remember, life is to be lived, and success is always a choice.

Love this!!! I did pretty much the same: I gave myself permission to eat with abandon. It all began with the bag of barbeque potato chips I picked at the beer stop on our way to the cookout. I tore into those things with abandon in the car--you know, it's impolite to show up to someone's house absolutely ravenous... :happy:

Didn't exactly tear it up alcohol-wise (no more than 5 drinks all day), but my stomach was still complaining this morning. I shut it up with a cajun filet biscuit combo from Bojangle's. :bigsmile: So...the binge continued a bit into today. I'm done for now...until vacation week starts on Saturday!

Bojangles... please share... LOL
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Not an epic fail, but I ate a brownie and a cookie I didn't plan to and I went over calories by about 600 points.. and I didn't exercise because we shot fireworks instead.. I can make up for that in the next few days though.
  • niseybabe
    niseybabe Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I did...I only logged breakfast. I had a slice of cake and 2 pomegranate martini's and I enjoyed every bit of it LOL...Now its time to work off those 2 pounds I gained :smile:
  • Jodibear58
    Jodibear58 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Can you say red, red wine.....
  • AnitaVolpato
    Options
    Can you say red, red wine.....

I love it and the song also... ha ha ha