Anybody willing to admit to lying to MFP?

Options

Replies

• CookieCrumble
    CookieCrumble Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Not intentionally BUT sometimes, I fill in my diary with something for dinner - and then don't eat it - or anything else - and I don't correct my diary because I know I'll get a virtual smack from my MFP friends. I've become very finicky over what I will eat and when and I know that I have to watch myself here because I know that's a slippery slope into a territory I don't want to go... :noway:

I haven't done it often but I know that I HAVE done this... I'm going to make sure that my diary is spot on from now on. Brownies' honour! That was cathartic, thanks! :bigsmile:
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I will only be honest if I close off my diary to everyone, otherwise, I am going to lie, almost everyday.
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    i don't lie, I think i over estimate weight of foods (always put in more)- really must invest in some scales to be more accurate.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Sure...but, I am only hurting myself.
  • dotty1979
    dotty1979 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I try not to. I know once I get in to missing little things off I'm on a slippery slope to saying 'well its onlt a little chocolate bar, it won't matter'. Thing is once you get on the scales it does matter and you've only managed to lie to yourself.
    Having said that is was difficultt yesterday evening. I was soooo hungry but I knew eating anything would take me over for the day. Had a slice of soreen though and proud of myself for logging it. Yeah, i was over my calories but only by seven and I knew exactly where I was!
  • sho3girl
    Options
    dotty1979 - but did you add butter? if so did you log ....??
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I do my best not too, but measuring goofs happen. If I remember the next day that I forgot something, though, I'll go back and add it. So down the road, I can look at what I've eaten and what happened and have a very accurate picture.

I'm absolutely certain now that my HRM is overly optimistic on how many calories I burn, even though it's accurate as far as my heart rate, but I still put the numbers in, I just don't eat all of it back.
  • tlruffino
    tlruffino Posts: 28
    Options
    I am additcated to MFP. I don't eat if I haven't logged. I don't count things like my tablespoon of s/f grape jeppy on my english muffin or butter on my toast. everything else I log.
  • dotty1979
    dotty1979 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yep, logged the butter!
    Probably over estimated too as not sure I used a full tablespoon on one little slice of soreen
  • sho3girl
    Options
    Yep, logged the butter!
    Probably over estimated too as not sure I used a full tablespoon on one little slice of soreen

great job! I always forget then add the next day
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I try not to lie because that will affect my whole point of being on here. I don't track spices though, because they are all 0 :smile:
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Why lie?
    Who cares?
    If you're that much in fear of a little anonymous accountability, I seriously doubt you will make it far reaching your goals.
    This attitude must change, and by posting this, I suspect that you are doing just that.
    I hope so.
    Good Luck :flowerforyou:
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    i hardly ever clean my plate. I dont subtract any calories.
  • Linbo93
    Linbo93 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I track everything that I eat. I transfer my calorie intake over to the BodyMedia Fit website to calculate my true caloric deficit, so if my calorie intake is inaccurate, so is the data on that website. Besides, at the end of the day, to omit something intentionally only hurts myself. I'm done playing that game!
  • raverhayley
    raverhayley Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    i actully log everything i eat and drink on here- no point lying to myself or mfp cuz its not gunna help me loose weight in the long run!!!
  • raverhayley
    raverhayley Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I try not to lie because that will affect my whole point of being on here. I don't track spices though, because they are all 0 :smile:
    i got told not all of them are?
  • SusanDoesIt
    SusanDoesIt Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    HA!! I've done that a couple of times...if my weight is up, I just won't log it until it comes back down!
  • Mindmovesbody
    Mindmovesbody Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    It annoys me when people say 'we all do it'. I actually don't. I log the good, the bad and the ugly. It keeps me accountable and my friends appreciate my honesty! Every French fry, every tic tac, every dash of cinnamon, etc. If I were to lie it would mess up my reports and progress which I refer to when Ina slump, like now. Having too much trouble losing this last 12 lbs to be lying in my food diary!
  • Redskins76
    Redskins76 Posts: 68
    Options
    I am willing to admit that I have lied on MFP before to be under my daily goal. I told myself that wouldnt help because the scale doesn't lie no matter what you put down! COME ON YALL! lol.
  • Mindmovesbody
    Mindmovesbody Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    i got told not all of them are?

They definitely are not all a zero! Cinnamon is 5 cals a tsp. for example. It wouldn't be a big deal if you missed it here and there but if you use a lot of caloric spices, it can add up over a whole week!