• TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSn3T1gHayqoPTnqk1JEMFwTc9qtrCdUH8L0GpXRoclDRuVW-St

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I would not describe myself as a huge fan, however if ur a fan of hard rock & u spew hatred of them u really are misguided...

Being a fan of hard rock does not, by any means, mean you have to like every band that is considered hard rock. That's like saying if you like fruit then you have to like apples.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Personally, don't like 'em.

I also don't care how anyone else feels about them. Stop obsessing about haters and enjoy the music you like.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    A great radio DJ once said: The only way musicians can shock us now is by writing good music.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Yeah where r the haters now

Saw them a few years back. They opened for ZZ Top.

I'm not a Hater, but I didn't care for them. Just a matter of taste. Or maybe I'm too old. But I prefer the Blues Based Rock of bands like LZ, ZZ, Yardbirds.
  • NYChick84
    NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    77295d1249138683-runs-hot-traffic-this_thread_rocks.jpg

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<3 NICKELBACK!!! Saw them in concert 4 times!!!! wooooooohooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    i haven't read the other posts, so if this link was posted. that's cool

i never really paid them much regard until about 5 years ago a guy i worked with sent me a link of 2 Nickelback songs played simultaneously. They were pretty much the same song. From that point on, I did not like them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2pXfAK8r1k

And to counter the "only popular hard rock" band comment - I submit the Foo Fighters, to name one off the top of my head.
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I love Nickelback! Can't wait to see a concert!
  • jfrog123
    jfrog123 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I like all the things.
  • Alphastate
    Alphastate Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Misguided? They have terrible lyrics, predictable song structures, and hardly carry any flag. Incubus and Coldplay are among the best bands in popular music. Justin Beiber is a WAY better entertainer than Nickleback. This is a rock musician speaking, btw.
    I would not describe myself as a huge fan, however if ur a fan of hard rock & u spew hatred of them u really are misguided, as they r really the only.band that is carrying the flag of rock in popular music....theyre still better than 99% of whats in the top 40.....

If ur gonna hate...hate beiber, call me maybe & hip hop.....theyre the enemy
  • LizzieBee17
    LizzieBee17 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Ok so I like them! :smokin: I LOVE music :love: All of it! What I do not like is close minded people who dismiss an entire genre of music for whatever the shallow reason may be. I do NOT like all of there songs but I don't think they all sound the same either.... these are the mindless sheep that only listen to heavy rotation radio.... Expand your mind a little people..

I :heart: Nickleback :blushing:
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    LOOOOOOK!!!!! a Nickleback hate thread that I didn't start!!!!!!! HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!
  • Mceastes
    Mceastes Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Last one and I am done

nickelback.jpg

LMAO! Love it. And c'mon, rock is dead? Seriously, Rush (new album this year!), Radiohead, Foo Fighters, The Killers, The National...
  • AmyBeth719
    AmyBeth719 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way about Nickleback as I do about raw cauliflower.

.....bland.

Cauliflower is so much better than Nickleback! ;o)
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Take a look at this video to see a spoof from a Canadian TV show regarding their music:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=753WF127iAE
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I think they suck, too - every song sounds the same to me. blech. The fact that tons of people love them says a lot for people who don't appreciate original music anymore. Just because they carry some mythical 'flag of rock' doesn't mean they are any good.
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Just because something is "popular" doesn't make it right.
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I don't like them because I went to their show in Grand Forks, back in 2007. They played about 6 songs and took off. And, they're honestly not the best. I'm more of a Ramones kind of girl.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Yeah where r the haters now

You're such a bad *kitten*
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower is so much better than Nickleback! ;o)
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.