Do you log when you binge?

Options
So I have been doing really well lately and very happy with my results since starting on MFP, but last night I gave in in a bad way and totally blew my whole day! I had drive-in popcorn, a whole bunch of candies, tootsie rolls - it was a bad scene!

So my questions is this: do most of you log that in, or do you just leave it and start new the next day? I wold not even know where to start to log all that I ate, so i am not logging it. I logged the rest of my day up intil that point.

Just curious to see what the rest of you do.

Replies

• microMXL
    microMXL Posts: 51
    Options
    honestly I don't log it, but it should be logged for shame
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Usually after a binge, the resulting log is quite substantial.
  • mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    Not generally because I don't want to know how badly I did on my binge but last night I did and I ate just slightly over 2,000 calories which was my maintaining caloric intake so now I don't feel like it was a binge but rather a normal type of day without working out so my body could relax for a day.
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Yeah- I would be lying to myself if I didn't and my weekly results wouldn't be correct either... I need to keep everything in mind...
  • awaters24
    awaters24 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    This just happened to me the other day. I logged everything in though & when I hit the complete this entry button & it told me how much i would weigh if i ate like that for five weeks, it was a real wake up call & made me want to get back on track....
  • AmyParker979
    AmyParker979 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I say yes - you can use it in the future for patterns and/or to understand just HOW many calories you ate.
  • mondesa
    mondesa Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I log everything to make myself accountable and to be sure i know i dont ever want to do that again!
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I log for the shame. I have only done it 2-3 times in past 7 months but I keep myself honest by at least putting it in. Then when i don't reach my goal for the month I know exactly why I failed that month.
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Yes... I haven't binged in a long time but used to quite frequently and I think it was something that I needed to see. In fact, here you go... probably the worst time of my eating life. I'd hit goal, yet was still attempting 1500 a day, plus running 10K every other day, plus weight lifting and a very stressful job which lead to these three weeks:
    4eb20bfe.jpg
    d1384f0c.jpg
    13cca2e5.jpg

It still shocks me to see those stats now and it's something I work hard at not repeating, so for me, logging every morsel on a binge has been an invaluable tool to beating it.
  • Katherineskj
    Options
    I hate it when I eat like crap too, but I do log it even thought I'd rather not! LoL... Seeing the actual calories, fats, sugars, ect. that I choose to put into my body holds me accountable, and it gives me an exact visual of what I'm eating. I also feel that it's motivational, even though I may not feel that right off the bat. Keep up your good work! Be honest with yourself and maybe it'll bring greater changes/results! :happy:
  • dreamingchild
    dreamingchild Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    when i first started here i didn't but what i've come to decide is that if i eat it, i log it....no matter what. another thing i've done is to make my food log public for my friends, makes me stop sometimes and say do i really want all those people knowing that i've eaten this much food. it helps me stay on track.
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I log it....sometimes seeing it in your face is a wake up call. :)
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    I would log it. Just knowing ahead of time that you will be logging it might stop you from doing it. It's no fun to binge if you're trying to keep track of everything you are eating so you can enter it in your food diary.
  • lorradear
    lorradear Posts: 6
    Options
    lol!! I just got through a binging streak and gained 5lbs! ...and yes..I did log it. because I need the reminder of just how much I went of track.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    You could always do the "quick add" calories just so you have an idea of where you honestly are for the day/week.
  • recoiljpr
    recoiljpr Posts: 292
    Options
    I haven't binged...yet. But i've only been doing this a month. But, when/if I do binge, I will record all of it. This doesn't do us any good if we hide the truth. I mean honestly, why log and track calories etc if you decide to binge and not record it? Do that enough and it becomes a habit and then you start wondering (why am I not losing this weight, etc). Be honest with yourself and it will pay off IMO.
  • momof2winsplus
    momof2winsplus Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I log it and can usually try to adjust the rest of my week accordingly. I've never binged over 3500, so as long as I keep logging, I can usually make up for a bad day.
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I log it because sometimes by logging you realize that by f*ing up the day you didn't really f* up your whole diet...

I'm an all or nothing gal and if I f* u I figure I f*ed everything up, ya know?

By logging I realize I didn't screw up my whole world and everything will be right the next day. Helps keep me honest. I have to record everything that goes in my mouth!
  • donovanart
    donovanart Posts: 55
    Options
    I log it, I'm using this app to show me the kind of foods I eat in a day/ how often and what o change. Plus everyone has slip-ups, it's nothing to be ashamed of, just don't do it often! :)
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    If I eat it, I log it. No exceptions. If I do really poorly one day, and really well for the next couple weeks, and I don't lose, or I do lose, or whatever happens, I want to be able to go back to my diary and understand what I'm doing that is having an impact on my loss/gain.