Do you log when you binge?

Options

Replies

• loridianehood
    Options
    I log it but as quick calories....dont want to share with anyone the ridiculous stuff I binge on, but I do want to know the penalty....lol
  • Nelliebird1430
    Options
    I log it! It's not going to "make it go away" if you don't, LOL!! Aand for me, its a good way to know just exactly how much I am consuming, so next time I might think twice before the binge! :drinker:
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    when i first started here i didn't but what i've come to decide is that if i eat it, i log it....no matter what. another thing i've done is to make my food log public for my friends, makes me stop sometimes and say do i really want all those people knowing that i've eaten this much food. it helps me stay on track.

THIS exactly .... Im embarassed of others to see it .. so it helps me
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    mostly yes. today and tomorrow no!, lol
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    yes!
  • AmieJess
    AmieJess Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I haven't in the past, but have just started to (new to MFP). For me, this is a way of "owning the binge" instead of pretending it didn't happen. I like the fact that I can review weekly calories, so including the binge gives me a better overall picture of how I am doing and how often binges are occuring, especially since one of my goals is to work on binge/emotional eating patterns.
  • mommamindi
    mommamindi Posts: 273
    Options
    Absolutely
  • starringmelissa
    Options
    I want to log it, but honestly, when i go for the gold, im munching so much i don't even know what i ate or the amounts of by the time its all said and done.

I would like to log it for shame purposes. prob would be the best motivator i've got.
  • Jlobe114
    Jlobe114 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I log it, otherwise it's too easy to not be accountable....and then you wonder why you're not losing weight? Plus, I agree with an earlier post that brought up the statement.....if you continue to eat like this you'll weigh <YIKES> in X weeks.....
  • dreamingchild
    dreamingchild Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I log it because sometimes by logging you realize that by f*ing up the day you didn't really f* up your whole diet...

I'm an all or nothing gal and if I f* u I figure I f*ed everything up, ya know?

By logging I realize I didn't screw up my whole world and everything will be right the next day. Helps keep me honest. I have to record everything that goes in my mouth!

This is soooo true. I can't tell you how often I think "oh i ate so bad" and when i log it i'm like...not too bad nothing to cry about or wreak my whole diet over. It is actually amazing how that works for me.
  • patchesgizmo
    patchesgizmo Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    some days I don't but I am striving to be honest so today I did, I feel like an absolute pig and I hope it helps me when I look at it.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    the first time I binge, im never tracking my food again.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I log the good, the bad and then ugly.

I have logged my 4.5k food intake, If I ever had the displeasure of topping that, it'll still be on my diary lol
  • cfm919
    cfm919 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I write a little note and say oh well another day I messed up. All this week I messed up. Friends and Holidays will do it everytime!
  • monacandoitin2012
    monacandoitin2012 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I log it - makes me not want to do that again
  • DelilahCat0212
    DelilahCat0212 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Yes... I haven't binged in a long time but used to quite frequently and I think it was something that I needed to see. In fact, here you go... probably the worst time of my eating life. I'd hit goal, yet was still attempting 1500 a day, plus running 10K every other day, plus weight lifting and a very stressful job which lead to these three weeks:
    13cca2e5.jpg
    d1384f0c.jpg
    13cca2e5.jpg

It still shocks me to see those stats now and it's something I work hard at not repeating, so for me, logging every morsel on a binge has been an invaluable tool to beating it.

So awesome!!! I love it!

I started logging mine too...I want to see the bad...and my friends are super supportive.
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    no but i DEFINITELY should. its the habit im trying desperately to break
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Yup, I log the good the bad and the very ugly binges.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I do log it if/when I binge. I have the app on my phone so I try to make myself log it while I'm eatting so I know how badly I'm doing...it's sometimes a pain but it has helped keep my binges smaller than I'm sure they would have ended up
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    Yup. Gugh!