Anybody willing to admit to lying to MFP?

Options
12346»

Replies

• DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I'm not very concerned with measuring. I guestimate all the time. Also, my husband and I routinely eat out at local places, so I add food that roughly fits the description of what I actually ate, so who knows how off I am there. I don't purposely underestimate or leave things out though, because that only lies to MFP and not my body, so I will get the results either way.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I don't always log my beer/wine intake. I should and I know this, but I don't.

I gave booze its own section in my diary, just so I can monitor it. My lowest weight loss weeks are always my highest for drinking!
  • abbysmom814
    abbysmom814 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    If I weigh myself and the number went up for whatever reason I don't log that I weighed myself lol.

I'm the same way! I hate to see that number go up on the scale! I'm currently about 1.5 pounds over what my MFP weight loss ticker says, but I refuse to change it!
  • ginaquinn2
    ginaquinn2 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Ok I'll confess sometimes I won't level the measuring cup our spoon like I know I should.
    I know every bite adds up, every bite counts so yep not leveling the measure and not listing it is a lie to MFP.:blushing:
  • kshiraakshara
    kshiraakshara Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I never lie about food or exercise, but I only log my weight if I've lost since my last weigh-in.
  • obeserat
    obeserat Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    A doctor I saw told me to reduce my calories to 1200 , somedays I'm under so I add extra calories to avoid the irritating note from MFP telling me I'm not eating enough
  • xxempress
    xxempress Posts: 122
    Options
    The alcohol intake! I'm a guzzler &tend to forget how many beers/cups/shots I've had at one point :drinker:
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I don't lie, no matter how painful. I've thought about it, but then I'd just be counter-productive so I don't.
  • alliewowie
    alliewowie Posts: 31
    Options
    A couple of months back I drank several beers and lost track of how many I had, so I just entered a random number. :embarassed:
  • nikkiprickett
    nikkiprickett Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    why lie? aren't we here to lose weight? only cheating ourselves if we aren't accurate :)
    Just because we don't log it doesn't mean it's not in our bodies lol
    I log everything, the good, the bad and the ugly.
    if someone thinks i'm not eating good/right eff em :)
    I'm doing this for me and no one else!
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Who, me? :laugh:
    If you lie, the scale and your waistband knows. We're not fooling anyone! I am pretty honest with my logging but i admit to having the occasional slip up.
  • Kristinapedia
    Kristinapedia Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I"m very detail oriented, so I try to put EVERYTHING in MFP. I will spend hours doing the math to make sure it's right. 99% of the time. ;-) Sure I"ve ommitted a few things here and there, nothing major, maybe 5-10 calories or whatever. I"m not worried. For the most part I'm honest enough whereas the "fibbing" won't affect anything.
  • kbairdphillips
    kbairdphillips Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I don't always log my exercise. Since I don't have a heart rate monitor,I have no idea how much I'm actually burning so I'm afraid of going over my calories. Plus, I'm morbidly obese and I really don't think eating back ALL of your exercise calories implies to me. But, I do log in every single bite that I take and every ounce of fluid I consume.
  • mrh0rnet
    mrh0rnet Posts: 26
    Options
    I used to, until I realized all of those little things tend to add up when you're checking the scale. Now I log everything... right down to the exact seasonings.
  • kzooprincess
    kzooprincess Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I stopped adding in the packets of Crystal Light when they moved the water/ice machine from our floor at work. I only use 2-3 packets/wk so that's 20-30 calories/wk. I'm positive I burn at least that on my multiple trips up and down the stairs to the next floor with water & ice.

I do try to be honest with everything else, but do sometimes forget condiments.