Ladies- How many cals do you eat?

Options

Replies

• FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Today, I'm eating around 2100 (1470 is my goal, plus I exercised a little over 700 calories off).

I am pretty confident in my burn, too-I have a polar ft7.

*I'm 5'2'' and currently 157.
  • I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I'm given 1200 a day, not counting exercise. With the exercise calories I get close to about oh 1600-1800 a day.

I don't always eat all my exercise cals back tho. I try to eat back at least 1/2 of them.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3, 150 pounds and I do 1,500 to 1,600.
  • piebird79
    piebird79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm maintaining at 129 pounds. I eat about 2,000+ calories a day, lift weights 2 or 3 days a week tops.
  • weightlossloser13
    Options
    I try to stick between 1200 and 1500 a day. I am *basically* exactly the same body type as you (26yrs, 5'6"-5'7", hovering around 190lbs at the moment, shooting for anywhere between 120lbs and 140lbs--no actual number, more just a figure in the mirror that I am happy with kind of thing).

I read something interesting the other day that I think that *EVERYONE* should keep in mind while trying to lose weight: During WWII Auschwitz inmates engaged in heavy labor received 1,700 calories per day and those on light work 1,300.

So, please, take care of yourself and don't push it! Working out 6 days a week is pretty dang awesome of you!!! =)
  • nae714
    nae714 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am along the same lines, I eat 1200 and don't use my exercise calories normally, because in my eyes you want your exercise to stay negative so you lose better.
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    My BMR is 2011.
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    1620, MFP told me that calorie limit but my doctor said it was perfect when I asked her.
    5'5.5" 184, swim twice a week for an hour and treadmill or walk whenever I feel like it.
    I don't eat back all my exercise cals.
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I am along the same lines, I eat 1200 and don't use my exercise calories normally, because in my eyes you want your exercise to stay negative so you lose better.
    *sigh* You still need fuel. the more activity you do, the more fuel you'll need just to keep your organs and shizz in function. Looking at you, you should really eat more than that on a rest day, even.
  • shelleybelly35
    shelleybelly35 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I should say not for weight loss. For muscle gain or maintenance, maybe. But definitely not for weight loss if you are obese.
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    *sigh* You still need fuel. the more activity you do, the more fuel you'll need just to keep your organs and shizz in function. Looking at you, you should really eat more than that on a rest day, even.

^this. Think of it as being similar to a car. You must refuel your car in order for it to keep going. You must refuel your body in order for it to keep going....
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    MFP has me set up to eat 1330 a day. I usually am within 100 calories of that (over or under) .... when I workout out I eat back most of my calories but not all.

I am 29 years old, 5'0 tall and weigh 180 lbs.
  • CeCe_oceansoul_420
    CeCe_oceansoul_420 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I usually eat between 1500 and 1800 a day; I also work out at least 55 minutes every day. Five days a week, I'm doing 90 minutes, including stretching.

So far over the last 8 weeks, I've lost 1 inch from my upper arms and calves, 2.5 inches from my waist and hips, and 3.5 inches from my thighs. I'd say I'm coming along nicely.

I want to lose about 180 pounds. I've got a long way to go, but it's coming off steadily.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I net 1500 cals, but I am in theory maintaining. I don't lose on that amount, in fact I have gained slightly int he last 3 months.
  • alcon79
    alcon79 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    When I first signed up a year ago, MFP put me at 1200 - I lasted about 4 days before I wanted to kill someone.

I was eating 1400-1500 (and eating back some exercises calories) for most of my weight loss. Now that I'm moving towards toning and maintenance, I've increased my calories to 1700, with a goal of 2000ish.
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Said my piece. Not turning into a discussion, debate or argument, so I'll not get into that fiasco, thank you.

To the OP I addressed in my quote: believe what you want. You'll find people that tell you to eat too little, people that tell you to eat too much, and some of the babble may well be right but it'll be lost in the stream of conflicting views. If you're succeeding with your 1200, fair enough. I wish you all the best.
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I have mine set at 1450 and I eat back my exercise calories
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I have been on MFP for about a year now, I am 44, 5 ft 10" and started out weighing 273 lbs. I started eating a net 1200 a day, and have always ate back most of my exercise calories (although I don't trust the burn on MFP for gym machines so work on the basis that I burn 200 calories for every 30 minutes worked).

When I reached 80% of my target weight I upped my daily net calorie intake to 1460, but I only actually eat at this level on my rest day, the other 6 days of the week I end up eating between 2200 - 2500 calories a day. I work out for between 90 - 120 minutes a day, a mix of cardio and strength training. I eat a lot of protein and eat 5 meals a day plus snacks (I have a sweet tooth).

When I hit 90% of my weight loss, I will up my net daily calorie intake further.
  • angrodriguez92
    angrodriguez92 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    You are too tall to eat only 1200 calories, and you should eat what you burn while working out. I am 5 feet tall and I eat around 1200 calories, but it makes sense, due to my height and pathetic little work outs.
  • sydnisd183
    sydnisd183 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm eating 2400-2500 calories per day to maintain my weight! When I was trying to lose I was eating between 2100-2200 calories per day!

your body definition is my goal you look great!

and for the OP, I eat anywhere from 1700-2000 a day. I weight train heavy, and run 3x a week. Sometimes I go over 2k every once in a while.