HAIR DRAMA: skipping workouts to avoid daily shampoos...

Options

Replies

• KayeeDaisyBee
    Options
    I have the same problem. I have really long, thick hair and when i sweat my whole head feels nasty. I wash it every other day and i use dry shampoo on the days i don't wash it. The only thing i can do is put my hair up as high as i can, in a really tight bun and brush all my fringe off my face with a headband or something...that usually stops my hair getting too sweaty but other than that it's something you'll have to just get used to i guess? Hair adjusts to your routine...it will become less greasy as time goes on hopefully.
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Omg this is so me!!!! I have thin and fine hair with full bangs. I have a bob style cut that's short/medium and I have to straighten my hair and it takes forever to do my hair because it's stubborn. I use dry shampoo which works most of the time, but if I really work up a sweat, I have to shower and wash my hair. I love the feeling of a good sweat, but I look really bad and unattractive after and then I have to bathe or shower. Then I have to dry and style my hair which can take up to 3 or more hours when my hair is stubborn which is most if the time....
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Google co-washing.

I don't use Shampoo.

^^^This.

Definitely this! It has made such a huge difference to my hair! It's shinier, smoother, way less breakage, and lasts longer between washes than it used to.
  • freddiegreer
    Options
    Hi, I have the same issue but at this point as much as I hate washing my hair becasue of all the time spent blow drying and hot curling. This isn't forever it's just for now until I can ge the weight under control then I can go to the gym every other day. So, for me there's no way around it. Sorry, and good luck.
  • jenmarie2012
    jenmarie2012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You don't have to always shampoo your hair when it gets wet. If you take a shower and your hair gets wet then just light condition it. I work in a salon so I no that just conditioning and not shampooing won't hurt your hair. I no a good dry shampoo if you would like to try is called "TGI" I believe a lot off people I no really like it and works really good. Best off luck! :flowerforyou:
  • ashfuse
    ashfuse Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I just blow dry mine and if it's a little oily the next day I use a little baby powder in it to dry it up. :) works like a charm and I can go 3 days without washing my hair. #winning
  • hairjunkie
    hairjunkie Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Dry shampoo or baby powder- works wonders. I have fine hair as well that needs to be washed really everyday, but you have to ''train'' your hair to not be on that 'cycle'- I'm a hairdresser.. know that it's hard, but worth it!
  • ColletteNicole
    ColletteNicole Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    lmao. haven't had that problem in years. clean shaven and smooth head.

LOL I literally day dream about doing this. I always say if I were rich, I'd just shave it and invest in a ton of human hair lace front wigs and just have someone glue a new one on every few weeks. No more shampooing or blow drying EVER!
  • alarae
    alarae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    baby powder works for me. I too only shampoo every other day. maybe for now try working out just every other day when you are going to wash your hair anyway.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    um yeah. I rather have bad hair than be overweight as well. i put that excuse to bed over a year ago. i wear a weave or braids from time to time to remedy this issue. when i'm not wearing one of those, i just have to deal. i don't skip workouts for my hair excuse, lol
  • MinglewoodBlues
    Options
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    i use this co-wash (nothing but cleansing conditioner) which isnt shampoo and not as harsh as shampoo so doesnt strip your hair but leaves it conditioned and feeling not all like sweat is built up. but honestly you can just use any light daily conditioner and just let it run through
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I read that you don't need to shampoo your hair daily even if you workout. I don't use shampoo daily. only when my hair needs it. I go through the motions of shampooing like scrubbing my scalp, but don't use shampoo. my hair gets clean and it retains the natural oils... :)
  • ColletteNicole
    Options
    Can you shorten your routine up a bit? A really powerful blow dryer helps, if you can't let it dry naturally. Can you shower at the end of the night, air dry and then do your straightening and makeup in the morning? I guess that would only work if you exercise after work.

I should try. I need to set a timer and start a competition with myself! ;) I section my hair with clips and blow dry chunks at a time... I could probably invest in a faster dryer though. something to look into!
  • BOO2819
    BOO2819 Posts: 6
    Options
    Im a hairstylist and you shouldnt wash your hair everyday..even if you sweat. You should definately invest in a dry shampoo. Its a powder that you sprinkle onto your scalp. Let sit a minute and brush out. It absorbs the excess oil and sweat from your scalp and hair without overdrying. Then you dont have to shampoo and blowdry all the time! Trust me its amazing! :)
  • krystyleee
    krystyleee Posts: 219
    Options
    I would recommend dry shampoo like many of the others!
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Have you tried that new Clear brand of shampoo &cond. that they've been advertising the crap out of? You know the one where they say they've been working from the WRONG END of hair? I tried this and it has TOTALLY changed my hair in 3 days. I have super fine/very thin hair (just lost a bunch from surrogacy meds/miscarriage so you can imagine how little I have) and even with constant pool damage my hair is stronger, shinier and even LOOKS thicker. I know it's not, but I feel like it looks 10 times better than before. I got the volume one, nice scent and doesn't make my hair oily even though it normally already is. Very happy for 4 dollars and some change =)
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Just cut it already!!! By the time summer's over weather will be better and it will have started to grow out!
  • janetsnakehole
    janetsnakehole Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I love this post because I've been having hair issues like crazy. My hair is so long and so thick that it's driving me nuts during workouts and then after workouts I can't figure out what to do with it. Lately I've just been tossing it up into a messy bun every day but that's partially because of the workouts, partially because of the 100 degree weather and partially because my roots are several inches long so I don't want to make it cute anyway. This post has a ton of great tips I'm going to have to try.
  • ColletteNicole
    Options
    thanks for all the new awesome suggestions! I will have to try out more brands of dry shampoo....searching online now :)
    Have you tried that new Clear brand of shampoo &cond. that they've been advertising the crap out of? You know the one where they say they've been working from the WRONG END of hair? I tried this and it has TOTALLY changed my hair in 3 days. I have super fine/very thin hair (just lost a bunch from surrogacy meds/miscarriage so you can imagine how little I have) and even with constant pool damage my hair is stronger, shinier and even LOOKS thicker. I know it's not, but I feel like it looks 10 times better than before. I got the volume one, nice scent and doesn't make my hair oily even though it normally already is. Very happy for 4 dollars and some change =)

sounds awesome, I will check it out thanks!!!