Ladies- How many cals do you eat?

Options

Replies

• jsp2374
    jsp2374 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    2151 is my daily goal. I only eat more when I been really active.

I also enjoy every morsel I get to eat.

Jackie
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    im 5.7 and I eat from 500- 1000 a day x
    How long have you been doing this?
  • woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    At least 1700.

I workout 3x a week.
  • uglyhobo
    uglyhobo Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Not a lady but 3350. ~4000 on the days I have wrestling practice and do crossfit.
    There is no reason for any lady to ever eat less than 1200 calories unless she is a midget or has a bmr that is less than 1200
  • mathematical2011
    mathematical2011 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    MFP has me set at 1700 without working out. I'm young (19) and tall-ish (5'7") though and am set to -1 lb/week. I usually eat around there whether I work out or not. But if I had a really long day of swimming or something, I eat more.
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I stick to 2100 calories everyday no matter what. I usually burn 500-1000 calories a day (per heart rate monitor), but I don't change my calories based on it.
  • LaurieLynnMiller
    Options
    My caloric intake is set at 1200 when I don't account for any exercise. I typically eat more to offset any exercise I do so I break even around 1200 net calories. The more I exercise, the more I eat. I typically exercise about 5-6 days a week for 30-60 minutes a day.
    I've lost 74 pounds to date. I've got another 60 to go. It's been working for me so far.
    Hopefully that helps!
  • julesw734
    julesw734 Posts: 100
    Options
    I eat 1200 to 1300 and workout.. I am trying to stay in this calorie intact..
  • BarbBlue
    BarbBlue Posts: 251
    Options
    My nutritionist has me taking in 1500 calories a day and wants at least 30 minutes of exercise daily.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I eat at the barest minimum 1900 but I like to get to 2300. I'm trying to not look like a boy anymore. :laugh:
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and work out 7 days a week. I must net between 1500 and 1600 calories or I'll go stark raving mad.
  • etrader24
    etrader24 Posts: 21
    Options
    I eat 1600 calories everyday except for sunday, and on sunday i let myself eat things i want. and i workout 6 days a week
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    1200 is fine if you specifically eat back your exercise cals. I have my target set at 2000 cals. I am 5 ft tall and 118 lbs. I am not specifically eating back my exercise BUT I workout and burn nearly 500-1500 cals a day as I am training for a marathon. My Net calories are typically between 1300-1500...
  • _Kitten_Kate
    _Kitten_Kate Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 235lbs.
    MFP has me set at 1750... I hit usually around that.1500-1800.
    I don't eat back exercise cals... I use to but doesn't make any difference in my losses.
    I've been all over the place with my cals.. 1500... 1800... 2000...2200...
    I still lose the same amount regardless. Only a few lbs a month.

ETA: I work out 2-4 days a week... wts with a trainer... & Wts/cardio on my own. Burning anywhere from 500-1000 cals.
  • uglyhobo
    uglyhobo Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Why would any of you end up not eating your exercise calories....
    MFP already sets a value that is very low and meant to be valid only if you also log your exercise calories.
    All of you who are not eating back your exercise calories are just slowing down your metabolism and making it harder to lose weight.
    Please visit this website. It says why you want to eat to lose more.

http://shouldieatmyexercisecalories.com/

When I was eating 1500 calories a day and doing about an hour of cardio per day, yes I was losing weight, but I was losing a lot of lean mass and my body fat percentage stayed the same. I was starting to become skinnyfat. My weight loss also started to slow down and I pretty much stopped losing weight. Then I found out about why you need to eat back exercise cals and not to do excessive cardio.
    Initially I gained 3-4 lbs but then my weight loss was much faster. I also saw a much greater change in body composition.

TL;DR: If you don't want to be skinnyfat, eat back your excercise calories
  • hothodgie
    hothodgie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I eat 1200 to 2000 depending on the workout day. I try to net 1200 no matter what.
  • projektai
    projektai Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I generally eat 1300 calories a day, and then 1400 calories on workout days. I don't really tend to eat back my calories.
    I'm twenty years old, I'm five feet and two inches tall, and I weigh about 163 lbs.
    My body fat percentage is at 30% right now.

I've been eating like this for the past 5 or 6 weeks, and I haven't been tracking my weight to be honest. But I have lost 3 inches off of my waist, 2 inches off of my bust and hips, 1 inch and a half from my upper arms, and 2 inches off of my thighs. Plus I've been seeing muscle definition.

I think whatever feels right for you, without giving in to pure appetite of course, is what you should probably go with. I know it's safe to stick to your base metabolic, and its safe to drop it by 500 calories to lose weight, generally.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I'm eating 1800, which is my BMR.
    Its usually around 1700 though on net days..
  • crazy8ts
    crazy8ts Posts: 360
    Options
    Completely random... and I didn't read anyone else's posts... but did anyone read the original topic as:

TOPIC: Ladies- How many cats do you eat?
  • projektai
    projektai Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Completely random... and I didn't read anyone else's posts... but did anyone read the original topic as:

TOPIC: Ladies- How many cats do you eat?

Yep! Had to do a double take! > w <