What foods to and not to eat?????

Options
124»

Replies

• Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Without getting into all of the mumbo jumbo, losing weight is a simple exercise in eating less...a calorie is a calorie in the most basic sense. Obviously, you *could* love weight by eating nothing but Reese's Cups all day--there's a dude that did it with Twinkies--but a body needs a variety of things to sustain itself.

Now, there are about eleventy-bajillion different schools of thought out there. Low carb, no carb, low fat, no fat, "clean", vegetarian, vegan, shakes and bars, etc. The majority of the people on my friends list try to eat as healthy as they can, but indulge when it fits into their macros, and if they go over their macros...well, hell, we only live once! To me, it's the best and easiest way to live because you're not constantly worried about living life within a very tight set of constraints. Find what works for you and go with it.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    This is certainly a problem... Different paths to the same goal. I have often said that OUR obesity is a multibillion dollar industry. The thing is that all these programs have to find a HOOK in which to claim their bit of market share. To one it is low carb.. another it is low sugar... another is low fat... another is... and the list goes on ad nauseum. The process that I have followed and I will say it has been pretty successful this time around is simply this... Change exercise plans... Replace those fork lifts with some sit ups and push ups... And it is a pretty cheap method to boot.

All things in moderation. Eat balanced... Eat plenty of veggies and fruits... Eliminate as many processed foods as you can. Carbs are not all evil... Just eliminate as many of the processed carbs as you can and you should be ok. Eat balanced but in smaller portions. 5 fruits or veggies per day, plenty of protein and then exercise.. walk, run, jog, lift weights... get off your backside and do something... It does not have to be expensive.

Best wishes on your journey.
  • coalboilermanBryan
    Options
    You know....I do remember that about the guy who lost weight on Twinkies....I forgot about that.. Very interesting indeed. So I guess now my question is...Lets say Victoria secrets run way models. Do they really not eat? And if that is the case, then why does there bodies metabolism not shut down and they get fat because there body is in starvation mode? Just curious why I have to count everything i eat in order to not only loose but to maintain a slim body..and what do they do to stay so super thin? I know some women resort to things like drinking a laxitive with every meal....and some just plain old do drugs. Niether of them am I interested in trying. It has been a year and a half, and I can say that my eating habbits while becoming very comfortable now, are still not a life style....meaning that I am continually watching everything I buy, and logging on this site daily to make sure where I stand. Just want your thoughts on the subject? Thanks..
    Bryan
  • missxjuicy
    missxjuicy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    2lcxqnk.jpg

they eat lol
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    My sister is a dietician also. Strawberries are considered a 'negative calorie' food- they take more energy to digest than they give you, whilst you benefit from the vitamins and fibre they contain. Don't give them up!

If it was your sister who told you that she needs to go back and retake her nutrition classes.
  • coalboilermanBryan
    Options
    So the models do eat! They eat things I would not eat right now...do you have any idea what the portions sizes are? I mean obviously they are eating less calories/carbs than they need or they would put on weight right?
    Bryan
  • Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I eat smuckers natural peanut butter but I noticed that if I had 2 servings a day my weightloss would slow down. Its good to stay within the guidelines. A little over because of an avocado is ok but it is good to mix and match foods. For myself I try not to have to many of the high fat or carb food for a day like eating peanut butter, banana, beans, avocado and eggs all in one day would bring me over. Maybe a small amount of each would work if you must have it. A food scale comes handy too. Having a smaller serving than the recomended of something also helps.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    My sister is a dietician also. Strawberries are considered a 'negative calorie' food- they take more energy to digest than they give you, whilst you benefit from the vitamins and fibre they contain. Don't give them up!

All nuts are great- they contain protein and fat to keep you fuller for longer- just watch your portion sizes. You don't need too many, and watch out for salted nuts! Peanuts are higher in fat- pistacio's are a good choice :smile:

Peanuts are not nuts, they are legumes and they are found to be one of the most toxic foods.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

All nuts are great- they contain protein and fat to keep you fuller for longer- just watch your portion sizes. You don't need too many, and watch out for salted nuts! Peanuts are higher in fat- pistacio's are a good choice :smile:

Peanuts are not nuts, they are legumes and they are found to be one of the most toxic foods.

George Washington Carter just shed a tear at your fear mongering
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid any foods that I do not enjoy eating.
    And the foods to include in my diet are mostly those I like eating.
    And that's lean meats, low fat dairy, nuts, whole grains, fresh fruits and veggies.
    Simple Plan.
    I eat clean 75% of the time. I refuse to make myself miserable with this.
    As for clean eating, Jack Lalanne used to say, "if man makes it, don't eat it".
    Not bad advice.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    i think that Jillian Michaels is a money grubber and would write whatever to sell a book or tape. I personally will not watch anything of hers nor listen to one word of her "advice". She has no health/medical background.

I eat about half a pound of strawberries a day and have for the last 3 or so months. I have maintained my loss of around 10 lbs a month that I have had all along. So if that is stopping my loss not sure what I do to counter act the bad that is in the strawberries.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options

Proof?
  • tnqnt
    tnqnt Posts: 397 Member
    Options

Proof?
    [/quote]

I think this person could be referring to aflatoxin, a mold which can be found in peanuts, as well as oils, makeup and grains.
    However, I am led to believe this is well-controlled in the US and is pure HYPE! ANYTHING can cause cancer, people... just eat a well balanced diet!! :)