Anyone up for a Challenge?

Options

Replies

• ZoeyRobinson
    ZoeyRobinson Posts: 301
    Options
    I'll start on July 1st. My *kitten* is as flat as a pizza box so I hopefully it will round that out. I will also be walking as well. Hopefully it stays on youtube because I am broke and cannot afford to buy the dvd.
  • MargotAllen
    Options
    I'm gonna do it. :flowerforyou:
  • Balance05
    Balance05 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Woah! That looks intense (just watched the video), but she was hilarious! I'm going to try! Good to know that I should take measurements and pictures. :)
  • NostalgicMuse
    NostalgicMuse Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Hey!!!! I just wanted to say I did the Butt Bible last year when it was on Exercise TV (that used to be on ON DEMAND) I did all of them and let me tell for minimal to no equipment my butt was SORE!!! She even had one upper body and that was great too! I would love to do it. Who knew it was online!!!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAY!

I want to join.

So cool! Glad you know what to expect! I'm loving the results already and I'm just at the tail end of week 2
  • NostalgicMuse
    Options
    I'll start on July 1st. My *kitten* is as flat as a pizza box so I hopefully it will round that out. I will also be walking as well. Hopefully it stays on youtube because I am broke and cannot afford to buy the dvd.
    Take some before pics so you can post the progress! Maybe do pics after week 2, week 4, then final pics after week 6. :D
  • NostalgicMuse
    Options
    I'm gonna do it. :flowerforyou:
    :bigsmile: So excited for you!!
  • NostalgicMuse
    Options
    Woah! That looks intense (just watched the video), but she was hilarious! I'm going to try! Good to know that I should take measurements and pictures. :)
    Yes ma'am 4 sure! DO NOT QUIT.... when it gets hard- KEEP PUSHING!!
  • NostalgicMuse
    Options
    just did lower level 2 - kicked my *kitten*!! WOAH- can't wait for upper 2 tomorrow
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    Do you have to purchase anything or is it all online? If i'm trying to increase my running mileage and speed do you think it will interfere with my running progress?

I've found it all online... It looks like you CAN also purchase the program as a 3 DVD pkg and some booklet, but I'm not into spending the $$ right now when I can do it for nothing.

I'm not a personal trainer, so I cannot say whether or not it will interfere with your running progress.... I can tell you that I am also training (early stages- doing Couch to 5K- you can see the schedule in my profile pics. And I like to do both because BB give me some strength and cardio and then I overlap the Cto5K plan so I am pushing myself that little bit more. I think they compliment each other well. These are just 2 plans I've found that I like and are going to help me reach some of my goals.

I've been on MFP for 3 weeks. BB for 2 weeks and Cto5K since Tuesday. I like to add a little as I get stronger.

c25k is great! I just graduated last month...i'm doing a Hal Higdon novice 15k program now, and my mileage is going to go up pretty significantly this month. I did my first 4 mile run last night and by the last week I should be able to run about 10 miles...i'm gonna check out the links you posted and see if I can work it in, though, i'm doing all this running and basically no resistance training, and I know I really should do some.

ETA: I was going to check out your profile pics as suggested but your profile is totally private. Locked up like Fort Knox. :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • NostalgicMuse
    Options
    c25k is great! I just graduated last month...i'm doing a Hal Higdon novice 15k program now, and my mileage is going to go up pretty significantly this month. I did my first 4 mile run last night and by the last week I should be able to run about 10 miles...i'm gonna check out the links you posted and see if I can work it in, though, i'm doing all this running and basically no resistance training, and I know I really should do some.

ETA: I was going to check out your profile pics as suggested but your profile is totally private. Locked up like Fort Knox. :laugh: :flowerforyou:
    Ask and you shall receive... Sent a request to you. You will see all you need in my profile pics. Let me know how it works out for you! I just did the lower level 2 today and WOAH... i may be partially crippled... will be doing upper level 2 tomorrow. I'll let ya'll know how it goes.
  • ishallnotwant
    Options

Ask and you shall receive... Sent a request to you. You will see all you need in my profile pics. Let me know how it works out for you! I just did the lower level 2 today and WOAH... i may be partially crippled... will be doing upper level 2 tomorrow. I'll let ya'll know how it goes.

Awesome! Thank you!

In light of your partially crippled comment, now i'm pretty scared! haha my legs are still kind of angry about last night's run as it was my longest yet...
  • NostalgicMuse
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you!

In light of your partially crippled comment, now i'm pretty scared! haha my legs are still kind of angry about last night's run as it was my longest yet...

Break it up and stagger it with your running if you need to. I try and do my running on my rest days, and also on my first day back on BB schedule. the 2nd day-like tomorrow will be a rest day for my running. Helps me to not fall over doing the rest of my normal every day stuff. :tongue:
    LL2 definitely works the INNER thighs a WHOLE LOT :noway: no tears yet, so I'm good.
    I took my measurements again today and am just trying to stay consistent with doing that too. Saw 2 inch loss after first week on BB plan... That's kinda amazing to me.

KEEP UP WHAT YOU ARE DOING! You are inspiring so many people to continue on their mission too.
  • ishallnotwant
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you!

Break it up and stagger it with your running if you need to. I try and do my running on my rest days, and also on my first day back on BB schedule. the 2nd day-like tomorrow will be a rest day for my running. Helps me to not fall over doing the rest of my normal every day stuff. :tongue:
    LL2 definitely works the INNER thighs a WHOLE LOT :noway: no tears yet, so I'm good.
    I took my measurements again today and am just trying to stay consistent with doing that too. Saw 2 inch loss after first week on BB plan... That's kinda amazing to me.

KEEP UP WHAT YOU ARE DOING! You are inspiring so many people to continue on their mission too.

Wow, thanks! I'll check out the videos and see how I can fit them in around my runs...my training plan calls for cross training on some of my non-running days, and it leaves two days per week devoted to strength as well. Maybe I should complete the BB on the two strength days, even if it does take me longer to complete it...

2 inch loss in a week is fabulous!! I hold most of my weight in my thighs, hips/rear end area so I really need something like this.
  • NostalgicMuse
    Options
    SO PROUD of all of you who are taking the challenge! KEEP IT UP AND POST YOUR RESULTS, or woes lol.
  • runjenrun13
    Options
    Hey! How is it going? I am finishing Level 1 today! Looking forward to level 2 on Monday...
  • KSea77
    KSea77 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I cracked mid-workout today. Had 5 mins left and had to sit down and weep for a couple of minutes before finishing - still finished though...hope my break doesn't affect the results.

I just hope it's because it's my TOM...starting level 2 next week - eek!!

On a brighter note - my bum has been getting a bit more defined there's plenty of muscle in my thighs and I can do push ups!! Never thought I'd see the day :happy:
  • NostalgicMuse
    Options
    runjenrun13 : Hey you! I just started week 4 yesterday- feeling amazing. Stronger for me the 2nd week of each level, but that's prob a no brainer.

I can't tell you ALL l how excited I am to be doing this WITH you!
    Here are some of the results I'm noticing: Slimmer waist- measuring about every 2 wks or so. Loving the look i'm getting there.
    Upper abs are starting to become more defined.
    Feeling my BUTT for sure. And there's been an obvious lift in that region. I'm thinking, but not sure yet that my inner thighs are getting more toned. My outer thighs for sure are. I've lost at least 5 inches (various places) total! Need I tell you that I'm elated?!

Keep it up people! Even my kids do this workout-some anyway.

GO BREAK YOUR BUTTS! You'll be glad you did.:wink:
  • NostalgicMuse
    Options
    I cracked mid-workout today. Had 5 mins left and had to sit down and weep for a couple of minutes before finishing - still finished though...hope my break doesn't affect the results.

I just hope it's because it's my TOM...starting level 2 next week - eek!!

On a brighter note - my bum has been getting a bit more defined there's plenty of muscle in my thighs and I can do push ups!! Never thought I'd see the day :happy:

Lorraine-- TEARS ARE OK. But I don't think they burn a whole lot of calories- lol. SO KEEP IT UP!! We must have sync'd up... lol... i'm in the same boat, but IT WILL PASS! I was able to get thru all of the exercises of level 1 by the time I finished it....now in level 2, I still take a break at some points...but I keep moving.

If you agree to post a POST BB photo, I'll do it too. :bigsmile: WE CAN DO THIS. WE CAN. YOU CAN. I CAN.

NOW DO IT! I'll be seeing you!!
  • runjenrun13
    Options
    Wow! Level 2 is hard! I had to take some breaks during the plié squats (my HRM was beeping due to the effort), but kept going... I guess it will be easier next time. Tomorrow, upper body level 2... Wish me luck! :)