Late Night Snackers Challenge July 2012

Options

Replies

• wheezybreezy
    wheezybreezy Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'll pick a cut off time of 9pm.

So far:

LNS: 4
    Me: 0

Today, I will be victorious!
  • erin_brianne
    erin_brianne Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Oh, this is just the challenge I need! I developed a bad habit when my baby was up nursing during the night that I would have a snack too. I'm not sure what time should be my cutoff time though since we usually have late dinners between 6:30 - 7:30. I think I'll try a 9:00 cutoff time. :)

Thanks for starting this!
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    Me: 5
    LNS: 0

July is MY month, I can feel it! LOL!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,998 Member
    Options
    I blew it last night when I threw a handful of maynard wine gums into my mouth RIGHT before going up to bed. Ultimate FAIL.

Me: 4
    LNS: 1
  • erin_brianne
    erin_brianne Posts: 10 Member
    Options

First night was last night and I just couldn't do it! I was super hungry and caved and had a handful (.25 serving) of chips.
  • brigid0113
    brigid0113 Posts: 16
    Options

Reason #117 why it is never a good idea to go grocery shopping after midnight! :grumble:
  • balancejenn
    balancejenn Posts: 234
    Options
    Me 5✓
    LNS 0

I'm doing better on the endless grazing.... allowing 1 ice-cream bar after dinner and thats IT!
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    It's tough tonight!! Fridays to me are often 'stuff my face ' night after beng as good as gold all week.

I have had a small juice ice lolly (that I made myself so I know what's in it) and some miso soup . It's not exactly eating but it's something. I may count it as a half

Me: 5 and a half
    LNS: a half
  • gmukris
    Options
    Me: 6

Keep up the good work eveyone!
  • marytallymom
    Options
    My downfall and I am so happy to have found this thread! It's like a twelve step program for LN eaters! My favorite snacks are popsicles (cause it's hot down here in Tallahassee, FL) and pretzels!!! I hate it!! I'm fine until like 9p and then I just go crazy. AND if I have trouble sleeping, or wake up with a hot flash...there I go again. Now I have a place to report each morning on how I succeeded. Please, give me tips if any of you know of any!

Mary
  • meincognito
    Options
    this is sooo for me! this is my biggest weight-loss problem, and in fact, it's my worst weight gain problem too D: ok, i'm in!

Me: 1

that's for tonight! my cut-off will be at 9pm, and just in case, i'm giving myself a calorie limit of 150 to start myself off.
  • balancejenn
    Options
    WELCOME newbies^^

For Friday

Me 6✓
    LNS 0
  • katemateg
    Options
    Me 6.5

LNS 0.5

One week in and i've done really well, having no evening snacks or daytime snacks either. Friday night, as I mentioned was really tough, I got home from work at 8.30pm after avoiding the masses of cakes and puddings that are normally served up free there and really wanted to munch. I did have a juice ice lolly and miso soup but yesterday I got home at the same time and 3 peppermint teas were enough for me.

It's bikini time in lovely hot Kenya (summer is bypassing the UK this year) in just 11 days, so I am super chuffed to reach my goal this morning of under 60kg (59.7kg up be precise). Now I just need to keep it off. :drinker:
  • gmukris
    Options
    Great job, Kate! Enjoy the holiday!

Me: 7
  • kathymc54
    kathymc54 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    So glad to have found this! I feel like I have been zoning out at night - eating everything in site without even realizing what I am doing.

No snacks for me after 7:30.
  • smccall6
    smccall6 Posts: 1
    Options
    WoW! I was recently having this problem. My cut-off time is 7pm with nothing but water. I may squeeze a little bit of lemon into it for a taste and sometimes Splenda. I find out that I have less acid reflux. Breathe easier at night. And I sleeep well.
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I only just came across this thread, but really relate to it.
    I can have a great, clean day with a positive feeling till about 8.30/9pm. THen if I sit down and stop working I just get the munchies.
    Will make a concerted effort to be better.
    Starting last noght, as I fell asleep so early I didn;t have time to snack.:laugh:
    Cut off time, 9pm

Me:1
    LNS 0
  • balancejenn
    Options
    For Saturday

Me 7✓
    LNS 0
  • katemateg
    Options
    Thanks gmukris! :smile:

It's the start of the new week and I've started the day with a great 10 mile run. Not run this distance since January as I got a stress fracture in my ankle early February. It makes me feel so healthy and positive to start the week so well.

me 7.5
    LNS and snacking in general 0.5

The half is for the miso soup and homemade juice ice lolly I couldn't resist on Friday night when I had the munchies after work.

Back onto night shift tonight but done so many weeks now of not eating until 4 or 5 am then having porridge and a banana before going to sleep at 9.30am that I know I can do it.

10 days to Kenya and bikini's :tongue:
  • gmukris
    Options
    Me: 7

No excuses--tonight will be better!