phentermine

Options
12346»

Replies

• tgbyfield
    tgbyfield Posts: 62
    Options
    If you are already restricting calories and exercising, then what exactly do you think phentermine will do for you?

I don't really have any expectations for the medication. I am just looking into all my options. That's why I wanted to hear from people who had already taken it to see what it could possibly do for me. I know it works differently for everyone, but there seems to be the same information flowing through all the threads. It helps the weight come off but not stay off. I am definitely taking this information to heart. There is no point in taking it to help with weight loss if I may just gain it back... and then some...
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I believe you should try every possible means of losing weight, before resorting to pills, as in the end, you could damage yourself a hell of a lot faster taking this medication, than you will by being overweight, imo. I doubt you have tried different styles of eating, eg low carb, paleo,, and played around with your macros, calorie cycling etc, and different ways of exercising. I think you would be much, much better off, getting yourself a personal trainer with nutritional qualifications to work with you (if you can afford it) before you take the pill route. The thought of taking anything that speeds up the heart rate and has those kinds of side effects terrifies me personally. Is it worth the risk of long term heart damage to you ? Really? Although being obese can be dangerous, I feel that pills such as these are far more dangerous and is your weight worth more than your life ?

There are thousands who have lost weight using this site, including people with all manner of obstructions such as physical disability, pcos, hypothyroidism, diabetes, insulin resistance, and they have managed it, so I am sorry, but I see absolutely no reason on earth that you cannot to, given the motivation and willpower and patience to try different things and wait it out for a bit.

I might not have used those pills, but I have used pills to lose weight, and various other unhealthy methods, and it only causes misery and further issues in the long run. If you cannot do it for life, then do not do it at all. And you cannot be taking pills for life, not of this kind anyway.

However, if you have come to this site, already set on taking these pills, and only seeking justification to do so, then there is not much to be said. It is your body to harm as you wish.
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    If you are already restricting calories and exercising, then what exactly do you think phentermine will do for you?

I don't really have any expectations for the medication. I am just looking into all my options. That's why I wanted to hear from people who had already taken it to see what it could possibly do for me. I know it works differently for everyone, but there seems to be the same information flowing through all the threads. It helps the weight come off but not stay off. I am definitely taking this information to heart. There is no point in taking it to help with weight loss if I may just gain it back... and then some...

[qoute]
    On this particular question... I was never seeking an answer to weight loss I was seeking information about phentermine from people who have taken. I am not sure how that turned into people trying to offer me answers to weight loss.
    [/quote]

Two quotes from you about 15 minutes apart. I guess I am the crazy one here.
  • Steven
    Steven Posts: 593 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Sorry folks,

I'm going to lock this thread for several reasons.

First, of course, is the fact that it's become personal in MANY posts, and that's the primary guideline of the forums: you can debate a topic, but almost from the starting gate this thread included personal judgements and insults. Quite frankly, too many to try to clear up at the moment, so I'm going to put this to rest.

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

Secondly, we have a guideline against public forum topics that request input only from some members. This is as much relevant to asking for input only from those who've taken a particular medication as it is asking for input only from member of certain religions.
    15. Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums

Divisive topics, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion. We reserve the right to move any topic to a relevant public Group which interested members may join if they wish to continue to participate.

Thanks,
    Steven
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.