Veggie burgers?

Options

Replies

• chlorisaann
    chlorisaann Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I am not vegetarian, But I LOVE the Bocca Savory Mushroom Mozzarella!!!
  • stephvaile
    stephvaile Posts: 298
    Options
    for me i really like the quorn make they used to do a pork and apple style lovely havn,t had any for ages really low fat aswell
  • therealjanelle
    Options
    I hate Morningstar and Boca!

Try Gardein. They have some lovely "burgers". I like them grilled or seared in a little bit of Zoye oil. Eat on a whole wheat bun with onion, tomato, lettuce, swiss cheese and a little A1 - YUM!
  • randomnennie
    randomnennie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I made some gluten free, quinoa and mushroom burgers. Definitely hearty and delicious
  • rumpusparable
    Options
    They're like just about any other pre-made food: it'll depend on the brand and/or what they are made of if you make them yourself.

So if you have one you don't care for, don't write them all off. Some I find quite tasty, some taste quite horrid. Just play around to find what you like.
  • meabhaline
    meabhaline Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian and I love everything from Quorn. Its a change of texture from Veg and Carbs. They're so much lower in fat too.
  • b1delane
    b1delane Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Boca burger with a Leaf of lettcue...add all the toppings your little heart desires and enjoy very delish!
  • MissesForrester
    MissesForrester Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    boca burger!
  • phatycake
    phatycake Posts: 216
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian and I love Morningstar Farms Grillers Prime! They are my favorite. Quorn makes some good ones too...classic and cheeseburger varieties.

Yup, here too!
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Question for the meat-eaters who enjoy veggie burgers. Which ones do you think taste more like the 'real thing'? I haven't eaten meat for almost 40 years, so I'm no longer a good judge of this.
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Question for the meat-eaters who enjoy veggie burgers. Which ones do you think taste more like the 'real thing'? I haven't eaten meat for almost 40 years, so I'm no longer a good judge of this.

The home-made black bean burgers when properly prepared and seasoned.
  • BrandiL83
    BrandiL83 Posts: 100
    Options
    Thanks for all the input. I appreciate it :)
  • 3ofmine
    3ofmine Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I like the Bocca Burgers..they are really good.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Morningstar makes good black bean burgers, but my favorite is boca vegan burgers.
  • crimson_seven
    Options
    I am a meat eater, but I adore mushrooms. I love the Morningstar Mushroom Lover's burger with some sauteed onions and a bit of goat cheese! Sometimes I add a smear of pesto.
  • katellanova
    katellanova Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Morning star chipotle black bean burgers. SO yummy :)
  • ylime412
    ylime412 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just made these black bean burgers last night and they are amazing. If you wrap them in lettuce and leave out the avacado it is under 200 calories too! (although I definetly plan on having it with avacado as soon as mine ripen).

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/06/spicy-black-bean-burgers-with-chipotle.html#more
  • mommab23k
    mommab23k Posts: 35
    Options
    I make my own, that is the only way I eat them. I figure the ones from the store are either too expensive, full of salt or totally overprocessed so why bother? Just my opinion though! Plus, making your own is WAAAAAAY cheaper. The recipe below is the one I normally use. I omit the breadcrumbs, otherwise they are too dry for me.

Running it through a nutrition calculator w/o the breadcrumbs they come out to 175 each. That is for 6 burgers from one recipe. They have 11.5 grams of fiber and 10.5 grams of protein. Pretty nutritionally dense in my opinion.

Here's the recipe:
    http://www.home-ec101.com/lentil-burgers/
  • BSBgirl337
    BSBgirl337 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I eat a veggie burger just about everyday, and my favorite are the Boca Vegan Original burgers. They only have 70 calories are are my fav!!

If you're interested in chicken substitutes, the Morningstar Farm Chicken patties and Buffalo Wings are wonderful!
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Before I cut soy completely out of my diet I'd eat Boca burgers. I'd try Quorn products but its too expensive considering how little protein I get per patty. I have tons of black beans and mung beans, so maybe I'll browse for a good recipe. But none of the products I'd eaten remotely tasted anything like meat and I do not expect them to either.