How do you like your eggs?

Options

Replies

• khaosstar
    khaosstar Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've always liked the runny yolk so much better than the whites.. I'm getting used to the whites, but I couldn't choke them down plain if I wanted to.

Trying to eat more protein, though, so I've started making egg salad with light sour cream instead of mayo. I always have some mixed up in the fridge for snacks/breakfast and just eat it plain since I can't do bread anymore.
  • JediSwan
    JediSwan Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Love omelette with veggies. And salsa even. Egg salad is my favorite.

Used to hate them altogether but learned to like them over the past year or so.

And I can stand them in my hot and sour soup. mmmmmm!
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    So many tasty ways to have eggs: poached on an English muffin, scrambled with cheese, sunny-side up, veggie omlettes.

One of my current favorites is a recipe I saw on the forums for a crustless "quiche". For a single serving I use one whole egg, 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese, and whatever veggies or seasonings I feel like that day. I usually also add an ounce of shredded cheese. Mix everything together, put in a large ramekin and bake in the oven or toaster oven for about 20 to 25 minutes at 350. (One word of caution, don't add salt. The cottage cheese will already make it very salty.)
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Huevos Rancheros ;)

I'm a Chilaquiles lover, myself. The red version. :)
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I LOVE them with feta and full of veggies!!! I usually eat 5 egg whites with a zucchini, spinach, onion, tomato, spices and feta. SO good!!
  • jolarocknrolla
    jolarocknrolla Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Sort of Hardboiled. I like the whites firm and the yolks still creamy ... HEAVEN. I boil them exactly 6 minutes.
  • MSimm62385
    MSimm62385 Posts: 227
    Options
    Scrambled, lightly salted, and peppered to all hell.
  • GreenEyedLady1
    Options
    onion powder, lots of dill, little water, bacon bits, scrambled up, topped with cheese. Yum!!
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    - Scrambled with toast
    - As an omelet
    - Fried for homemade egg biscuits w/turkey bacon or turkey breakfast sausage
    - My SIL introduced me to sourdough bread with a hole cut in the center where the egg is cooked while the bread is grilled; topped w/seasoning - delicious! (can't remember the name of it though)
    - Hardboiled, but only the whites cause I can't stand the yolk cooked that way, which also rules out deviled eggs :laugh:
  • emmymae22
    emmymae22 Posts: 206
    Options
    Either over-easy with a ww English muffin or scrambled with ketchup and sriracha. nom.
  • AllhailtheInfidel
    Options
    Deviled. It's the only way I've ever been able to eat them. I make a slightly healthier version than the traditional fair... and no relish. Blech!
  • chopps_22
    chopps_22 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    poached with vinegar in the water. eaten on toast with black pepper.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of eggs, especially in the morning. But occasionally I'll eat for dinner either fried or in an omelette or even more rarely for lunch as egg salad. And I like deviled eggs, though I only eat them if someone brings them to a picnic or party.

I only buy them if a recipe calls for it, then I'll try to make an effort to eat the rest before they go bad.
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Poached or fried on toast or english muffin.. smoothered with hollandaise sauce.
  • stupidloser
    stupidloser Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I like eggs in general and like them anyways.
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I like omelettes with lots of veggies. And as a comfort food, poached. My great grandmother used to make me poached eggs, toast, half a grapefruit and a cup of coffee with lots of milk whenever I spent the night with her as a little kid. Mom never made them. That was the only place I got them. They are a comfort food for me.
  • RainaWalks
    RainaWalks Posts: 72
    Options
    hard boiled
    scrambled
    omelette
    poached
  • SaraHaxton1
    Options
    I like mine poached(with a running yoke) on a slice of bread(not toasted) with a half tablespoon of salsa.
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Deviled, scrambled, salad-ed, mixed into rice, over-medium, omeletted, boiled, etc.

I have a love affair with my eggs. We see each other every morning (except school mornings when I can't cook!)
  • i_am_losing_it
    i_am_losing_it Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I like them all kinds of ways, hard boiled, over medium, scrambled with veggies, egg salad, just about any kind of omelet, egg burritos, deviled eggs, oh I am wanting eggs now, gonna go boil some :)