How do you like your eggs?

Options

Replies

• SlvrStarr
    SlvrStarr Posts: 47
    Options
    Sunny side up on a whole wheat english muffin
    Scrambled with any of the following: lowfat cheese, ham, canadian bacon, green onion, mushrooms, tarragon or rosemary
    Omelet with swiss cheese and ham or asparagus.
    soft boiled
  • heykaraoke
    heykaraoke Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I had an ex who liked to make egg cupcakes for me :) get a cupcake pan, spray with a nonstick cooking spray, line the cups with lettuce, then crack an egg into each cup. Add some diced up tomato or any veggies of your choice, a little pepper or whatever seasoning you like. Let them bake in the oven until the eggs are opaque, then open it up, sprinkle a little shredded cheese on top, and bake another minute. Then pop them out and eat them! So tasty and you can get really creative and put virtually anything in there with them!

He also liked to poach eggs and then serve them on buttered, toasted baguettes, but that option is a little less healthy, haha.
  • nokittyno
    nokittyno Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Scrambled or in an Omelette - with Peppers, Mushrooms, Spinach - Onion, and some Mrs. Dash with a bit of cheese. Mm.
  • kiwigal41
    kiwigal41 Posts: 1,059
    Options
    medium poached on white toast, no butter.....with salt and pepper.....yum....:)
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled, deviled, hard scrambled (Not gooey or runny, like you might get at some restaurants...) I like my scrambled with a little cheese and tabasco. I also take my eggs in a breakfast burrito with bacon, cheese, potatoes, and hot sauce! :-)
  • TexasChristy
    TexasChristy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love soft boiled eggs on toast. I also love frittatas, hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, omelets, sunny side up, and over easy. Pretty much anyway!
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Scrambled with a tiny, tiny bit of ketchup.
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I do egg whites. Saute chopped onions and peppers in a pan, when they've softened, pour in egg whites til you've had your fill, let sit a minute, the slap in a scoop of soft goat cheese and some ham (optional on the ham chunks) and scramble. Hot sex in your mouth...
  • jennyredfern
    jennyredfern Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I just got some 12 YEAR aged cheddar from Wisconsin last week. Think I'll make some scrambled egg white and melt some cheese on top of whole grain sunflower bread for breakfast with some hot sauce. Thanks for the idea!

:)
    scrambled with plenty of strong cheddar cheese mixed in.
  • jennyredfern
    jennyredfern Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    You can make these in the microwave in a micro muffin pan (they're white and always at goodwill). I nuke them on 50% power for 3 to 5 minutes. Great with egg beaters and bacos, whole eggs and spices, anything you want. Just make sure that if you're using whole eggs to break the yolk so it doesn't explode!

I had an ex who liked to make egg cupcakes for me :) get a cupcake pan, spray with a nonstick cooking spray, line the cups with lettuce, then crack an egg into each cup. Add some diced up tomato or any veggies of your choice, a little pepper or whatever seasoning you like. Let them bake in the oven until the eggs are opaque, then open it up, sprinkle a little shredded cheese on top, and bake another minute. Then pop them out and eat them! So tasty and you can get really creative and put virtually anything in there with them!

He also liked to poach eggs and then serve them on buttered, toasted baguettes, but that option is a little less healthy, haha.
  • rainwalkerSK
    Options
    I can just about handle a spanish tortilla or quiche. Anything that masks the smell and the texture reasonably well. I developed a serious egg aversion during my second pregnancy and I haven't been able to shake it.
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    bumping...........some good ideas here :)
  • caroleslaststand
    caroleslaststand Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Omelet - often... A recent house guest ruined my omelet pan (he believes that High is the only setting on the stove burners). I discovered that a lovely omelet can be made in a larger pan (the one we hid from the house guest).- it cooks up very thin and folds into thirds, allowing me to load it up with more "stuff" - usually cheese, but could be mushrooms, avocado, tomato, onions - whatever.... then I have to smother it in Tabasco - red or green or Valentina Salsa (cheap, incredibly good for the price). I'll even eat it without toast, which I prefer dry when I do toast.
  • rahrah6459
    rahrah6459 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Scrambled with veggies such as mushrooms, onions, peppers and Cholula sauce.
  • najla56
    najla56 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    sunny side up
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Hard boiled for snacks and salads. Over easy with some grated potatoes and a little crumbled chicken breakfast sausage for breakfast. Sometimes if my calories will be a little high for the day, I have an egg white/chicken breakfast sausage sandwich on a toasted 100 calorie sandwich round.
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    scrambled, or as a frittata/omelet
  • angrodriguez92
    angrodriguez92 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I like all eggs, in every way.
  • heykaraoke
    heykaraoke Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    You can make these in the microwave in a micro muffin pan (they're white and always at goodwill). I nuke them on 50% power for 3 to 5 minutes. Great with egg beaters and bacos, whole eggs and spices, anything you want. Just make sure that if you're using whole eggs to break the yolk so it doesn't explode!

That is great! And sounds much faster than our oven version. Thanks for the tip! :)
  • sarahmcp3
    sarahmcp3 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    scrambled with just salt and pepper.