Virtual Running Club

Options

Replies

• patriciagrade
    patriciagrade Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Ok ladies, just came upon this thread and I'm IN!

Ran 45 minutes today, at 6h30 AM and I think it was about 6km which makes for... let me just check here...

Yep, 4 miles... Not much, but I didn't have much time and the path I run is all filled with ups and downs and a very, very long uphill climb...

Patrícia
  • rpillen
    rpillen Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    yesterday i ran 2.6 miles in about 30:15. I have my 2nd 5k that i've been training for on the 19th of this month. Would really like to be able to run the entire thing but the heat here has been so bad i'll be lucky if i finish in a decent time.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    i'm game!
    Hello Fellow MFP'ers-

I need some accountability to get in some jogging this week. I want to try especially hard this week b/c the hot weather finally broke in the upper Midwest.

So, if you log any jogging or running miles this week please post here too. This way we can give each other pats on the back.
    State how many minutes (or hours?) you ran for,
    estimate your mileage and
    post if you ran in the morning, afternoon or evening.

How does that sound?
    Lori
    Illinois
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    yesterday i ran 2.6 miles in about 30:15. I have my 2nd 5k that i've been training for on the 19th of this month. Would really like to be able to run the entire thing but the heat here has been so bad i'll be lucky if i finish in a decent time.

My last race was on the 4th of July. It was mid 80's but super HUMID. I was so disappointed that I couldn't run the entire thing. However, I still beat my best race time (a race that I did run the entire thing) by a minute. So, I was running faster than I normally did, even though I had to take about 4 walking breaks of maybe 1 minute each.
  • pbl1966
    pbl1966 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    3.7 miles this morning in 39 min. Committed to do a 8 - 10 mile run with friends Saturday morning that I am feeling woefully unprepared for, will try to do at least 5 miles tomorrow.
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I ran 3 miles in 30 minutes this morning. :)
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    "it only takes 3 weeks to train for a 5K race"?

That makes me sad. It took me about 15 weeks LOL.
    :grumble: 3 weeks
    I am doing wk8day3 tomorrow for c25k.
    I've been running since May. My goal is to complete my official first 5k this Sunday. I'm super super anxious about the 5k because I'm so slow. I know I know ...time isn't that important but my kids are gonna be there and I don't want to be the old lady at the end. I'm working on my pride and vanity next.

Here's my current training.
    MWF. 2.5 -2.8 miles for approx 30 min.
    T TH. 30day shred for resistance and core work
    Sat. Run the 5K route. Time has varied from 32 -42 minutes.

What kills me is that first mile. It is just this mental block telling me I should just stop. When I get past the second mile I can pick up the pace.
    Any advice would be great! I'm addicted to the running forums here on MFP. :drinker:
  • Suz_w8loss
    Suz_w8loss Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Love this

^^^ this..
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options

I've been running since May. My goal is to complete my official first 5k this Sunday. I'm super super anxious about the 5k because I'm so slow. I know I know ...time isn't that important but my kids are gonna be there and I don't want to be the old lady at the end. I'm working on my pride and vanity next.

What kills me is that first mile. It is just this mental block telling me I should just stop. When I get past the second mile I can pick up the pace.
    Any advice would be great! I'm addicted to the running forums here on MFP. :drinker:

Given my best time for a 5K race is 40:11, I have no suggestions LOL. My PR was about 37:45 according to my GPS. I have no idea why I'm so much slower in races - unless my GPS app is off on distance.
  • phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    Options
    Sunday: 5 miles (50 mins)
    Monday: 4.5 miles (47 mins)

Total miles for June: 58 miles
    So far for the month of July: 24.1 miles
    July Goal: 75+miles
  • dan323
    dan323 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    7 mile run today,
    5 miles Monday
    5 on Sunday.
    I'll join this running club.
  • reallymyBEST
    reallymyBEST Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Long run today - 7miles. Woo Hoo! Taking advantage of the weather before it heats up again later this week.
  • pbl1966
    pbl1966 Posts: 207 Member
    Options

Cogratulations on being ready for your first 5K! I bet you will find when you get started with all of the other runners motivation at the beginning will not be a problem. My problem is keeping myself from going out too fast during a real race. Beware that running these races is addicting! Ran my first 5K last Thanksgiving and have since completed many more (still waiting to break the 30 min mark!), done 4 10Ks and am now training to do a 1/2 marathon in the fall.
  • mrsfawnz
    mrsfawnz Posts: 1
    Options
    The humidity finally broke here so I plan to do 4 miles tonight. I can't go until 8ish because of apts, and I'm going on a vacation on Sat so I have that nagging feeling of I should clean and pack, AND my kid won't be home tonight so I have that other nagging feeling that I should lay on the couch and drink wine... but I'm going to commit to the four miles. And then maybe a glass of wine on the couch.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    4.1 miles of hills in 42 minutes.
  • doutri2
    doutri2 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Great Job for Day 1 of our Virtual Running Group.

You all make me want to run again tomorrow.

I am wondering if it is best to start our own group since there is a section for that on MFP. Is that the correct "netiquette"?
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options

[/quoteI

Cogratulations on being ready for your first 5K! I bet you will find when you get started with all of the other runners motivation at the beginning will not be a problem. My problem is keeping myself from going out too fast during a real race. Beware that running these races is addicting! Ran my first 5K last Thanksgiving and have since completed many more (still waiting to break the 30 min mark!), done 4 10Ks and am now training to do a 1/2 marathon in the fall.

You are now my hero! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    8k run last night, in the rain(love it), 38min 12seconds(personal best for that circuit)

Tonight 10miler
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    4.1 miles of trail in 42 minutes.
  • shvrngrl
    shvrngrl Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I think a group sounds like a great idea!