Extremely obese to "average"? PICS PLEASE!

Options

Replies

• SlvrStarr
    SlvrStarr Posts: 47
    Options
    Thanks for posting this question! It's great to see everyone's pictures and success stories. It helps to inspire me to stay on track and keep going. I'm just starting my journey and have no idea what average feels like. I'm looking forward to finding out one of these day.
  • TinaIsTrying
    Options
    Wow!! You look fantastic!!! Congratulations!
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    7544903376_21c017b2eb_z.jpg

Last Year @420 - Yesterday @285

You are a weight loss KING!!!! TOP NOTCH :wink:
  • themadisons513
    Options
    I can definately relate to how you are feeling. I still have a ways to go and even though other people see a difference I often wonder if I will ever get there. You look great though so dont give up bc you are worth it!
  • mikkimomof3
    mikkimomof3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I love these threads!! You all look amazing!!
  • illgetthere145
    illgetthere145 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great! Good job!
  • pinkpolkadots25
    pinkpolkadots25 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I don't have any pics, but I went from obese to a normal weight in one year (260 lbs to 153.) You can do it!!
  • chrystee
    chrystee Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to get there.. Started at 315 and I'm in almost in the 260's. I can't wait to get into the 190's.. You guys look amazing!
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    before3.jpg
    before2.jpg

a couple of before pictures

Snapshot_20120707_4.jpg
    me with my 10 stone award (over 140lb lost)

my blog has a few more piccies and info on my journey if you wanna see :) must do an update at some point! life getting in the way :(

http://fatflutterby.blogspot.co.uk/
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    before3.jpg
    before2.jpg

Snapshot_20120707_4.jpg

my blog has a few more piccies and info on my journey if you wanna see :) must do an update at some point! life getting in the way :(

Wow. I thought that after picture was your daughter! You look great.
  • vswilliams
    vswilliams Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Awake_Alive,

I can certainly sympathize with your situation. I have not been on MFP very long but there is one thing; I have learned the month I have been on is that this world has far more caring and compassionate people than I thought. Please note: As we are in this journey to lose weight know that it is also a psychological battle as well. Think about it you have to first decide mentally that you want to lose weight and then proceed taking all of the required steps. This is a constant mental battle. Think of those who suffer from obesity and anorexia. Their battle is 98% mental. Even though they are currently big or small in their mind they are the opposite. So, it is absolutely pointless to try and save them by only making them eat or eat less. Their minds have to be reconditioned to accept the truth and desire change. So, even if you look in the mirror and see obese, there is a difference when you step on the scale you are lighter than what you were before. So, the conditioning of your mind should take place immediately by following these steps: Go look in the mirror and say I am not what I used to be and I promise myself that I am going to work harder to lose another pound next week.

So, I like to think of it as follows: As we are in this journey to lose weight we are also in the journey to recondition our mind. That means we have to constantly think positive even when our environment produce negative feedback. Example: My goal is to lose 2-3lbs a week. This is certainly doable; however, it doesn't mean that every week I lose accordingly. Sometimes; I may only lose 1lb and sometimes I may gain 1lb. This is the negative feedback, I was referring to earlier; instead of getting upset and giving up; I am learning to recondition my mind to push myself even harder next week to obtain the goal next week. Notice, I stated I am learning. It is so easy to get upset and fall back into eating the artery clogging foods; I used to but in the long run this is more harmful to my body. So, I'd rather continue moving forward on my healthy path even if I have not seen a lost for a few days. I know the greater victory is in being fit and in good health. Sorry, I didn't have a testimony of being obese to now average but I certainly couldn't pass your message without giving you some words of encouragement. So, I hope you will take this message and began to recondition your mind as well to the positive thinking of even if you don't see the results today or tomorrow you will surely see them if you keep trying and push yourself a little harder.
    Take care.
    Annokoye

This is so inspiring! I notice that I sitll hide behind other people when getting my picture taken and it is hard to "re-condition" your mind.
    However, I think once my thinking has changed I will start to see myself for who I actually am and my confidence will come back.

I cannot give any motivation, as I am currently plauteaud and at a midweight crisis, which is frustrating to say the least but will make the pay off only that much better!
    Don't give up!

xo
  • Cheri_Moves
    Options
    before3.jpg
    before2.jpg

Snapshot_20120707_4.jpg

Wow. I thought that after picture was your daughter! You look great.

I thought the EXACT same thing! Phenomenal!!!
  • fabafter5
    fabafter5 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Snapshot_20120707_4.jpg

[/quote]

This is so inspiring!!! You seriously look 15 here. Absolutely AMAZING!!!
  • Nteeter
    Nteeter Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    started 357

357.jpg

now 229 still overweight by bmi standards I dont put much faith into it though it doesnt take into account body styles. I have broad shoulders and big hips

photo.jpg

52612.jpg
  • Cheri_Moves
    Options
    started 357

357.jpg

now 229 still overweight by bmi standards I dont put much faith into it though it doesnt take into account body styles. I have broad shoulders and big hips

photo.jpg

52612.jpg

Wow you look HEAPS younger!!!!!!! i am amazed!!!!!
  • 100lbstoloosefemale
    100lbstoloosefemale Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • OnTheReg
    OnTheReg Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Great job Nteeter. I agree the BMI doesn't account for any variation in natural body size, it is BS.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I think "extremely" obese is somewhat subjective, but I was considerably obese before. I am now healthy. :bigsmile:
    158.jpg me @ 227 in June 2011
    096.jpg me @ 153 in June 2012
    Wow! :drinker:
  • xaniza
    xaniza Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    <- obese to tippy top of "average" but I'll take it! I'm 5'5", I wanna lose like 15-20 more.

You all look fabulous!
  • CountryMom03
    CountryMom03 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!! Such inspiring photos!!!:) Thanks for sharing:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!