How much do you pay for a gym membership?

Options

Replies

• Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Wow gyms seem cheap in America.

My gym is £50 per month so about $75, excellent equipment and never that busy so I don't mind.

They would have to pay me to train at planet fitness lol
  • gmorales06
    gmorales06 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    $90.00 a year- or $7.50 a month @ Crunch =)
    Which includes my favorite Zumba classes with the best Zumba instructor =)
  • Sugarchef
    Sugarchef Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I pay $70 a month at the Y for a family membership. It's great because they have a super child watch program. I definitely get my money's worth!
  • MeeshKB
    MeeshKB Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I just joined today. $33 a month. Includes all classes. Kids club is $3 per kid per visit. So if I go twice a week and take my two kids, I'm at about $73 a month. But I really think it's worth it.

And I have a plan to find the money elsewhere in our budget. I have been buying lunch at work 3 times a week, which is costing about $25 a week. I am not going to do that anymore. Packing lunches will save me $100 a month! And I'll likely bring healthier lunches than I would buy.
  • shadow3829
    shadow3829 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness - Black Card Membership 20.00 per month
  • Xniecex
    Xniecex Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    24 Hour Fitness 2 year prepaid membership for $299.

I think it now costs $349 - still a good deal, as you'd pay at least twice that if you just walked in to the gym.

Got the same deal from costco.... SCREAMING DEAL!! but its good at all SPORT/ACTIVE clubs. (Sport club level or below) Super sports are not included.... i activated mine through a different gym and now my home gym is changing to a super sport. So now i will have to argue to be grandfathered in.
  • joecollins9385
    joecollins9385 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    $25 monthly at local YMCA
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Wow gyms seem cheap in America.

My gym is £50 per month so about $75, excellent equipment and never that busy so I don't mind.

I was just thinking the same! My husband pays just over £30 for Fitness First, he's belonged there for years though, not sure how much it costs for new members as he gets some sort of discount for being a long-standing member.
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I'm fortunate to have a really well equiped gym 5 minutes from home - locally owned - I think I paid $99 up front and $25/month and that's with tanning capsule included (yes, I know...bad for my skin)
  • ccburn5
    ccburn5 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    My Boot camp is $135 a month and the gym we go to is $60 a month and has all the classes my wife goes to plus day care and two incredible pools (one inside one out).
  • brentdaniels
    brentdaniels Posts: 127
    Options
    $75 a month for me, my wife, and both kids. That gives us access to everything in the gym-pool, weights, classes etc. I think it is well worth it.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    home gym: priceless
  • v_ludwig
    v_ludwig Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    39.00 at Curves
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I would spend your money on an elliptical machine on craigslist for 100.00. Then buy an exercise ball at Walmart for 10.00 and then some weights for cheap too. You can even get some videos on amazon for 5.00 like Jillian michaels. Do that and in two months it will pay for itself and then you have it for years. You can alway add on and buy more things as time passes. Thing of it... U are renting their equipment... Why not just buy your own and not pay rent?I know everyone will nock me for this but you can do almost everything from home and then you will have less back and fourth time and way more money for that new wardrobe you are gonna need. I can't justify a gym membership on our budget. We are also becoming debt free... Will be credit card free this Friday! Save your money!
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    home gym: priceless

Hah! Me too... What he said!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    $52 for a family membership at 6 different YMCA's in town. This includes 2 hours of free childcare per day, per child. Love love love my Y! :)
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I would spend your money on an elliptical machine on craigslist for 100.00. Then buy an exercise ball at Walmart for 10.00 and then some weights for cheap too. You can even get some videos on amazon for 5.00 like Jillian michaels. Do that and in two months it will pay for itself and then you have it for years. You can alway add on and buy more things as time passes. Thing of it... U are renting their equipment... Why not just buy your own and not pay rent?I know everyone will nock me for this but you can do almost everything from home and then you will have less back and fourth time and way more money for that new wardrobe you are gonna need. I can't justify a gym membership on our budget. We are also becoming debt free... Will be credit card free this Friday! Save your money!

Too bad I don't have space in my apartment for a squat rack.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    $30/mo at LA Fitness, no childcare. I'm switching to XL Fitness though, which is $15/mo.
  • scol14
    scol14 Posts: 19
    Options
    Negotiated with LA Fitness to get $30 per month
  • emileesgram
    emileesgram Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I joined a gym called Get in Shape For Women, it's women only and you work with a personal trainer in groups mo bigger than 4 at a time. The cost is high $2800 for one year. You can only go 3 times a week and you have assigned times. It has been totally worth the money to me..down almost 30 lbs in 6 months.