How much do you pay for a gym membership?

Options

Replies

• katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    PS, I would not have gotten where I am in the past 2 years without the free childcare. The Y I go to has an outdoor track I can run on while the kids are in childcare, way worth it so I didn't have to run on a treadmill. :) Plus the classes, the people, the pool, the discount on activities for the kids (soccer, swimming, etc) . More than worth the money!
  • doubglass
    doubglass Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    16.25 per month. Get to watch the pro welterweights workout if I'm there at the right time. A bud who is a trainer there coaches me once a week for free. (I take him deer hunting).
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Anytime Fitness $38.00 per month
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522
    Options
    Planet Fitness: $20/month.
  • scorchy808
    scorchy808 Posts: 26
    Options
    I would spend your money on an elliptical machine on craigslist for 100.00. Then buy an exercise ball at Walmart for 10.00 and then some weights for cheap too. You can even get some videos on amazon for 5.00 like Jillian michaels. Do that and in two months it will pay for itself and then you have it for years. You can alway add on and buy more things as time passes. Thing of it... U are renting their equipment... Why not just buy your own and not pay rent?I know everyone will nock me for this but you can do almost everything from home and then you will have less back and fourth time and way more money for that new wardrobe you are gonna need. I can't justify a gym membership on our budget. We are also becoming debt free... Will be credit card free this Friday! Save your money!

Too bad I don't have space in my apartment for a squat rack.

Exactly... I don't want an elliptical in my living room... the urban rebounder, ball, free weights, mat, and rubber bands take up enough space in the bedroom as it is
  • GLJezebel
    GLJezebel Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    24 Hour Fitness - $24.95 per month.
  • kitigonkukoo
    kitigonkukoo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    $50 a month for me and my husband. I take Zumba classes too, which come out to $4 a class.
  • Stinaa91
    Stinaa91 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    $10 planet fitnessss
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    $60 a month plus $5 for my son. I love my gym...
  • lifesazoo
    lifesazoo Posts: 118
    Options
    I go to Energy Fitness. I pay $29 a month plus $10 a month for unlimited kids in my family. Love it. Great equipment and your membership comes with a free personal training session. They have tons of free classes there.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I would spend your money on an elliptical machine on craigslist for 100.00. Then buy an exercise ball at Walmart for 10.00 and then some weights for cheap too. You can even get some videos on amazon for 5.00 like Jillian michaels. Do that and in two months it will pay for itself and then you have it for years. You can alway add on and buy more things as time passes. Thing of it... U are renting their equipment... Why not just buy your own and not pay rent?I know everyone will nock me for this but you can do almost everything from home and then you will have less back and fourth time and way more money for that new wardrobe you are gonna need. I can't justify a gym membership on our budget. We are also becoming debt free... Will be credit card free this Friday! Save your money!

Not everyone has enough space for all the equipment they need
  • jd7887
    jd7887 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    $29 / month at LA Fitness. They have everything that I need and many locations nearby ... easy and simple!
  • lbmore33
    lbmore33 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I have a lifteime membership which started @ $1000 (for 3 yrs) ....paid it all up...then I pay a $100 once a yr on aniversary date.
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    LA Fitness $8.95 each week. I do not have children, so I do not know if their childcare is extra.
  • RiverTom
    RiverTom Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    £9.99 per month and I can access it 24 hours, 7 days a week.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    NOTHING! My apartment and the wonderful world outside is my gym!
  • littlewhittles
    littlewhittles Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I go to a locally owned, smaller gym. They have all the equipment I need, plus some classes, so I don't feel I'm missing out. I got a deal because I signed up with my sister, so we both only pay $25 a month. I already pay $35 a month to play roller derby, so I can't afford much more. But I've been to a few other, bigger ones, and $40 a month is pretty standard.
  • chickabee5
    chickabee5 Posts: 90
    Options
    I'm so envious of those that only pay $10 a month! My gym charges $20 per week!
  • trianaw
    trianaw Posts: 177
    Options
    Just wondering. I've been going to a gym for the past couple days with a free guest pass and want to join, I really like everything about the gym and it's very convenient for me with its hours and location. But it's $40 a month, plus I have 2 kids I need to take with me so it's $20 per kid per month for the Kids Club~$80 a month total!! And to join with all the fees, they charge last month and first month, it would be a total of $160! The cheapskate in me is saying no way in hell, I don't need to sign up for a gym. But realistically I know there's no way I will exercise otherwise, I will always find some excuse, it will be too hot outside or windy or whatever else. And I'm also thinking the money I save on fast food will be enough to pay the gym membership every month!! So..if you have a gym membership...how much do YOU pay? Is it worth your money?

That's a deal. Roll w/it.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Why spend so much money to use equipment when you can simply go outside for a run, or use bodyweight to do resistance training?