How much do you pay for a gym membership?

Options

Replies

• samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    LA FItness $45 for me AND husband. $20 for BOTH kids per month, and I get to use free weights LOL. Body weight is fine for a little resistance, but I need real weights to do real lifting with access to pool and lots of classes. By paying for it, the cheapskate in me makes sure I USE it so that I'm not wasting money.
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Whichever gym you choose, make sure to check out the cancellation policy first. LA Fitness will charge you $200 bucks if you try and cancel, I'm pretty sure it's a similar situation at Bally's. You should look into your local YMCA. The prices tend so look a little higher at first, but usually the child care is included or much cheaper, and you get a discount for a family membership.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    $20 month retro fitness
  • javamama52
    Options
    Planet Fitness is $10/month usually with no initiation fee no penilty for quitting but has no child care...I think children over 14 can join too open 24/5 @ one location only....to have black card membership(use any PF) it is like $29
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    We pay $75 per month for a family membership at the YMCA. Includes swimming lessons, and all other programming. Our neighborhood Y was rebuilt a couple of years ago and has all new weights and machines.
  • jennstevens21
    jennstevens21 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I pay almost 80 a month for myself and one kid, 2.00 drop in for each additional child. But really, the way i look at it is
    1) i could spend that money on much worse things
    2) I wont need diabetes medication some day which would cost a lot more than that - even in canada
    3) What is your health and happiness worth??
    That is how i justify.
  • muscravageur
    Options
    Right now I go to planet fitness and they're supposed to draft 21.39 out of my card each month for the black card. It is still less than the previous gym I went to that was not open as often, did not have as many options. Plus I can take someone with me. Win-win.
  • muscravageur
    Options
    Right now I go to planet fitness and they're supposed to draft 21.39 out of my card each month for the black card. It is still less than the previous gym I went to that was not open as often, did not have as many options. Plus I can take someone with me. Win-win.

*black pass! black pass! I WISH I had a black card, hah!
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    $0. I work there!
  • tlruffino
    tlruffino Posts: 28
    Options
    try to find a ymca. Childcare is free, and a family membership is $52 at least at mine
  • xsabrinalynn
    xsabrinalynn Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    $30/month at LA Fitness! Worth every penny. When I signed up they had a special going so I didn't have to pay anything down.
  • RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options
    Do you have a YMCA close by? We love ours :) $72. a month for our family of 4.
  • xsabrinalynn
    xsabrinalynn Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Whichever gym you choose, make sure to check out the cancellation policy first. LA Fitness will charge you $200 bucks if you try and cancel, I'm pretty sure it's a similar situation at Bally's. You should look into your local YMCA. The prices tend so look a little higher at first, but usually the child care is included or much cheaper, and you get a discount for a family membership.

This is my second time with LA Fitness. The first time when I cancelled all I had to do was turn in a form. No money.
  • ShizukaSamurai
    ShizukaSamurai Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have 24 Hour fitness All Club Sport access for $49/year.
  • venusevans
    Options
    $34/month @ SportsFit (local Maryland gym). Child care available. Swim hours for kids and adults. It includes some classes. Some free training sessions. Courts. I've been a member for a year and I plan to stay for at least another year.
  • LinR
    LinR Posts: 3
    Options
    I go to a local gym because I like the classes and Planet Fitness is too far to drive every day, although if I change jobs I might join there. I pay $48/month for myself.
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I have 24 Hour fitness All Club Sport access for $49/year.

That's what I have as well, but way back when I had to pay 3 years in advance. But, as long as I maintain my membership, it stays $49 a year.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    $0.00 because I don't need one. I've walked, jogged, biked, hiked, swam, mowed, pulled weeds and cleaned my house to lose 41lbs since January. :)
  • SueMizZou
    SueMizZou Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    the city where I live has a gym. It's a great facility and costs $245/yr for my husband and myself. There is childcare available but I have no idea what it costs
  • kristinacottle
    Options
    $8 for myself, every month, at the local YMCA.