What "dressing" do you put on your salad?

Options
Happymom83
Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
I need something new to put on my salad..I usually use Newmans Lite Honey Dijon...but im sooo tired of it..Any ideas? ;)

Replies

• paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Apple cider vinegar. Only 2 cals per TBSP! :tongue:
  • Abays10
    Abays10 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I use kens steak house lite raspberry walnut, and i add a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar because i am a vinegar freak!!!
  • Calimama123
    Calimama123 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE goddess dressing, but its 120cal/2 Tb, so I don't usually buy it, but I JUST found goddess iite today, and I am SO excited to try it. Hopefully its not gross :laugh:
  • Moretakitty
    Moretakitty Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Newman's Light Balsamic, or I use Lemon or Vinegar, with salt and pepper and I sprinkle in Dill or Uncle Dan's Country Dill or Ranch. The powdered dressing packages that have 0 calories.
  • jicarter01
    jicarter01 Posts: 53
    Options
    The Italian that you mix yourself. comes with its own container that tells how much oil/vinnegar/water to mix. I swap the vinnegar and oil for more vinnegar, less oil. Healthier and tastes great!
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I like the Kraft Light Parmesan Asagio Balsamic Vinaigrette

Or the Yogurt based ones cant remember the name so I am no use.
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I either use extra virgin olive oil and white wine vinegar... or sometimes I use the make it yourself good seasons zesty Italian with evoo and balsamic, but use less oil and more vinegar... or I make my own lemon mustard vinegrette with tarragon and fennel... I ear salad everyday so I have to mix it up.....or I get bored fast...
  • wolfi622
    wolfi622 Posts: 206
    Options
    Those "Wishbone" spritzer dressings. What a great idea. A controlled way to add just enough dressing to your salad without over doing it. And you can reuse the spritzers to put the dressing of your choice in it (though Blue Cheese probably won't work......).
  • hhayes06
    hhayes06 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I love Caesar dressing on any salad, I switch between Kraft Caesar Vinagarette and Kraft Creamy Caesar. I love the tanginess of it. I also just recently started eating salads so I am slow going in trying different dressings. :bigsmile:
  • ctmom1
    ctmom1 Posts: 189
    Options
    Sometimes I use Josrph's Tzatziki's dip on my salad. 25 cals per tbs and only 1 gram of carbs. I also use Newmann's Own balsamic dressing. I never use the lite dressings.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    One thing I don't skimp on is salad dressing. I buy the Marketside brands preferably Chiptole Ranch which is 90 calories for 2 tbsp. Delicious! They are in the refigerated section by the lettuce/veggies at Walmart. The last bottle I bought had some major kick to it. I love it so much, I don't even look at the price...which probably isn't too bad, but have no idea of the price hahaha
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    salsa
  • Jishmeister
    Jishmeister Posts: 108
    Options
    Greek dressing is my favorite. Especially the one with feta cheese and olives.
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I hate the taste of low or no calorie dressings. I would rather have less of the real stuff or nothing. I just make sure I log it.
  • Kitzey
    Kitzey Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I go in cycles with my dressings... Kraft balsamic vinegar, half a lemon's juices, Hidden Valley Ranch :) These days it's the lemon doing the trick but I normally have plenty of dressings on hand in case I'm in the mood for something different.
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    I use salsa. I also use salsa mixed with a tbs or two of Kraft Tuscan Italian olive oil dressing. It's tangy and yummy and stretches the salsa a bit further. Try it...you'll like it! Lol
  • peggymenard
    peggymenard Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    My fav is lemon juice, olive oil and garlic
  • Busyboymomx3
    Busyboymomx3 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I just bought the wishbone low fat sweet and spicy french and I actually like it!
  • NeverGoinBack2012
    Options
    Anything made by Bothouse
  • bdubois63
    bdubois63 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I use tomatoes in my salad and yellow mustard, I know it sounds strange, but the tomatoes give a bit of 'juice' for moisture and the mustard gives a tang.....it is really quite yummy!