I just ate 30 minutes ago, why am i starving again?

Options
124»

Replies

• jadejadelee
    Options

Also, you can try intermittent fasting. I found that it worked well for my hunger. If I don't eat a breakfast, I don't need to eat that soon. If I eat breakfast, I need to eat again like 2 hours later and then 2 hours after that.

I find this also, even though it goes against everything we are taught :noway:
  • rebekkamarie
    Options
    i haven't done much today though, i'm on vacation from work so i've done nothing more than load the dishwasher, laundry, and fold towels. and sit on my butt.

While everyone else was focusing on the food side of things, this stuck out to me. I'm on summer break from teaching and I find I want to eat out of boredom. Is it possible that you are just bored?

I know you are on vacation but you still need to keep busy so you don't feel like eating all the time.

I hope you figure it out! Keep it up!
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Epetrovitch
    Epetrovitch Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Blood sugar swings will do that to you. If you are eating foods that cause your blood sugar levels to spike then fall your body will crave more food. I had the same problem until I cut the simple carbs and got my blood sugar levels down and stopped spikingmy blood sugar. Before I got it under control I could eat a full course meal and 30 minutes later I would be starved. It is a vicious cycle. You probably want to check with your doctor and tell him what is happening.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    sometimes when i'm digesting a meal, it feels like hunger, but isn't. i noticed it a while back, especially since i eat a lot of fiber. my body is working to break everything down, but i noticed it felt alarmingly like hunger until i realized what was going on.
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    A while back, I was having a similar problem at night after dinner. I would eat a big meal, and then I would feel like I was starving again. It was actually painful, but if really felt like hunger. I finally figured out it was indigestion and started taking zantac. Problem solved!
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Eat a slice of 100% Whole Wheat bread with 2 TBSP of PB (reduced sugar PB!). This is what I eat for breakfast and it carries me from 730am until 12:30pm. Hopefully that will help!
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    there are also times when I am not hungry at all and way under my daily calories. Just listen to your body
  • littlelol
    littlelol Posts: 539
    Options
    interesting post
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist told me that the brain can't differentiate well enough between thirst and hunger -- so when you think you're hungry, try drinking a bunch of water first and give it a while to see if that calms the urge. It usually helps for me :/ Hope you find the answer you're looking for!

Me too.

I also often find that if I wait half an hour it just goes away. I think it's a blood sugar thing. My mom always told me you had to wait for food to get into your system before your brain knew it had eaten.

I also have problems if it's just gas, where I confuse that discomfort with hunger. Gasex for gas, zantec for indigestion is what my doctor recommended.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Then I listened to my very good nutritionist advice, who encouraged me to make lunch my biggest meal. And I fell of the wagon immediately and it has taken me a few months to get back on. (she is a very lovely lady and good at her job and had a valid

I eat more than half my calories before dinner, and breakfast or lunch is often my biggest meal of the day.

If I don't eat enough early, I eat dinner, then go for seconds, and feel hungry and like eating all night.

If I eat a good breakfast and lunch and eat dinner early, I'm often satisfied on way fewer calories than I should eat and need to add dessert at around 9 just to keep up to where I should be. LOL.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Can't see your diary but I'm gonna guess too little protein, fat or fiber. Up those and it won't happen.