What "dressing" do you put on your salad?

Options

Replies

• MRSCHAZZY
    MRSCHAZZY Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Do you like pickles? If you do then you might like this.

I put some sauerkraut (edens organic in glass jar cause it is full of probiotics like in yogurt), cayenne pepper and a tbs of nutritional yeast.

Mix it through and you get all that vitamin B from the yeast and probiotics for your digestive tract and it taste all vinegary (if you like that sort of thing)

salad dressing??
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Lithouse Pear Gorgonzola! :smile:
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I use Walden Farms it is calorie free, sugar free, fat free,carbohydrate free, gluten free, cholesterol free.

What the heck is it made of??
  • CryTerrell
    CryTerrell Posts: 55
    Options
    I use Kraft's light asian toasted sesame dressing and it's really good. Also it's only 50 calories for 2 tablespoons. That is usually enough too, depending on the size of the salad.
  • his_kid1
    his_kid1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Trader Joes Light Champagne Vinaigrette
  • rednblack84
    Options
    Best thing I ever did was start using salsa instead of salad dressing. It's even better if you make a batch yourself with real tomatoes instead of canned. You can control your sodium and the "heat" by making it yourself!
  • Bookkeeper15
    Options
    i tried a sugarfree dressing from walden farms (honey dijon) but i add horseradish to give it alittle zip :smile:
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I use full fat ranch, Olive Garden's Italian, and Caesar a lot. I also use full fat vinaigrettes when/if I find. I don't do light dressings because they usually have more sugar than regular... and I don't mind the few extra calories to ditch the sugar.
  • AmandaP_23
    AmandaP_23 Posts: 31
    Options
    I don't use salad dressing. But when I do, I use a teaspoon of light ranch. lol
  • DianneBoo
    DianneBoo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I love the Kraft line! I alternate between the Fat Free/Low Calorie French, Thousand Island and Italian! All are 50 calories/2 tbsp (I believe) and very nummy!
  • Bookkeeper15
    Options
    what ever i want but in small amounts cause if i am gonna eat rabbit food i want some flavor!!!!!
  • DianneBoo
    DianneBoo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Best thing I ever did was start using salsa instead of salad dressing. It's even better if you make a batch yourself with real tomatoes instead of canned. You can control your sodium and the "heat" by making it yourself!

That sounds like such a great idea! Will have to try!
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I use balsamic, flavored white balsamic (I have lemon and cranberry orange), salsa, or watered down dressing. I love Ken's French, but it's super thick and sticky, so after I thin it out I only end up using a tablespoon at most.
  • rocketpopsicles
    Options
    I use to ALWAYS get creamy dessings (ceasar, cucumber, ranch ect.)

BUT

Now that I am doing my weight loss

I ONLY use compliments blue menu zest italian! It's only 5 cals per serving! :)
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    pickles are usually in my salad, so pickle juice is my "dressing" of choice. Lemon as well or just plain no dressing! I did find a great oil free dressing over seas that I have not yet found here in the states but I am always on the hunt!!
  • socioles
    socioles Posts: 6
    Options
    Lemon juice! The best is that even if you eat at a restaurant, they always have it!
  • BexleyGirl
    BexleyGirl Posts: 102
    Options
    bump
  • mccrockl
    mccrockl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I make my own ranch type dressing. Unfortunately I don't really measure the spices.

1 cup of plain greek yogurt
    1/2 cup light mayo
    chopped fresh parsley and chives
    generous amounts of onion powder, garlic powder, pepper
    optional: sprinkle of salt and italian seasoning
  • suzieqcookie
    suzieqcookie Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    The Italian that you mix yourself. comes with its own container that tells how much oil/vinnegar/water to mix. I swap the vinnegar and oil for more vinnegar, less oil. Healthier and tastes great!

Same here! Good Seasons. I use the cruet it come with, but i put vinegar up to the "hips" of the cruet, add the seasonings, put water up to the top of the oil line then add 2T of oil. I brings the calories from 130 per 2T to 30 per 2T!!
  • imaspaceguy90
    Options
    I use Walden farms balsamic. It tastes decent, its available at my winn dixie, and bests part is that it is 0 calories for 2 tbsp. Gotta love it.