Does anyone still wear skinny jeans?

Options

Replies

• kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    All I wear are skinny jeans and jeggings! I find that the shoes I wear never go with flares. I do own a pair of ripped/distressed boot cuts that are pretty sexy, though.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I think skinny jeans look awful because they create an optical illusion that elongates the torso and shortens the legs. This makes any woman who isn't naturally already super tall and thin with ultra-long legs look awkward. Also, the way they fit creates an upside-down wedge shape to the lower body even when the girl doesn't naturally have one. This is also not flattering on anyone because it makes it look like your legs, or, more specifically, your lower leg from the knee down, can't support the rest of you. Like you're balancing on pin-thin ankles.
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I wear them all the time, I think they look good :)
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I rock the **** out of them.. but alas, my hips and stomach are getting small enough that my calves don't fit in them if I want it to fit at the waist.
  • danimal5867
    danimal5867 Posts: 390
    Options
    Not now! Not ever! I'm a dude. Dudes don't wear skinny jeans!
  • herstrawberri
    herstrawberri Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    to each their own. but for me? That's a BIG HELL NO.
  • morganmay92
    Options
    I own a couple pairs :)
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    I think skinny jeans look awful because they create an optical illusion that elongates the torso and shortens the legs. This makes any woman who isn't naturally already super tall and thin with ultra-long legs look awkward. Also, the way they fit creates an upside-down wedge shape to the lower body even when the girl doesn't naturally have one. This is also not flattering on anyone because it makes it look like your legs, or, more specifically, your lower leg from the knee down, can't support the rest of you. Like you're balancing on pin-thin ankles.

that depends on the one wearing it. I've seen some overweight people who can carry themselves well with it. you can still look awful even with a model type figure if you don't know how to carry it well.
  • bunnylvr
    bunnylvr Posts: 78
    Options
    Nah, I don't like the way they look on me. I like boot cut.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options

What?!
    1. I'm thin but not tall, my legs are quite long for my height
    2. what is an upside down wedge?
    3. my legs support me quite well
    4. they look great on me, why wouldn't I wear them?

I've got plenty of boot-cuts and so on, but there's nothing like some well fitting skinny jeans to show off your lower body. Especially when you throw some good boots on. ;)
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    i wear them, that is all i own...when it's not 800 Degrees out, i usually only wear them in the winter, it's too hot to wear jeans in the summer
  • dj_phx
    dj_phx Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I completely hated this trend, it just made it harder for me find jeans. Skinny jeans do not look good if you have big hips and thighs like me.
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I wear skinny jeans and love them! If I don't wear them, though, I wear boot cut and love them just as much!!
  • theitalian3721
    Options
    Brilliant! I was wondering the same thing!
    yeah - why what else would you wear??
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    My calves used to be too big...still a little tight but doable now :D
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I do... they fit well in boots.

this is why I ever started wearing them in the first place! I wanted to wear tall boots

boots add some bulk to the foot/calf and balance the thighs...so this is really the ONLY way to wear skinny jeans well if you're not tall with long thin legs.

I do own one pair (although they are a size 3 and still 15 pounds away), and I will ONLY wear them with boots.

There' is ONLY one way to wear em well, huh? I'm not tall...& don't have thin legs...but skinny jeans give me a lot more shape than bootcut or flare...But you think I've been doing it wrong all along!? Thanks for letting me know!
  • iCupCakeNZ
    iCupCakeNZ Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    i'm hoping by winter next year i'll be able to wear them!! so come june next year it'll be skinny jean shopping lol
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I wear all kinds of jeans. I usually wear boots with my skinny jeans as I have muscular legs.