What "dressing" do you put on your salad?

Options

Replies

• xsabrinalynn
    xsabrinalynn Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Thousand island!! <3 My absolute favorite. I will eat salad just because I want the dressing. I've also recently tried nonfat vinegarette (spelling?) which was delicious as well
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    For an "almost no cal" option - plain balsamic vinegar.

But, usually a home made dressing with a splash of olive oil, some citrus juice (lemon, lime, orange) or vinegar (balsamic, white or red wine vinegar), mustard, herbs, salt and pepper.

You don't need a lot and it gets some good fats into your diet and adds lots of flavour.

Or I mix a little bit of light mayo with red wine vinegar to make a pink tangy mayo style dressing, very tasty and pretty low cal.
  • Carlyannabelle
    Carlyannabelle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I usually use a pico de gallo. Especially freshly made with a lot of cilantro. I love cilantro!!
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Love, Love, Love wishbone balsamic spritzer and Maple Farms fat free balsamic dressing
  • feellikerain
    feellikerain Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse Farms Ranch Yogurt Dressing. It's only 45 cal for 2 tablespoons, which is super low for ranch, and tastes really good too, unlike that low-fat ranch junk, yick. When I want less calories, I'll use salsa, usually around 15 cal for 2 tablespoons (add ground turkey and spices and you've got taco salad!)
  • rcthale
    rcthale Posts: 141
    Options
    Vinaigrette is probably the best dressing you can use, but be careful: Olive oil has about 119 calories per tablespoon.
  • 7stars21
    7stars21 Posts: 2
    Options
    Mix 1 tbsp honey with 1 tbsp Dijon mustard and 5 tbsp balsamic vinegar. Taste awesome and barely any calories per serving (I usually use 2 tbsp of the mix). Store the rest In a jar in the fridge.
  • ucpg
    ucpg Posts: 158
    Options
    The Italian that you mix yourself. comes with its own container that tells how much oil/vinnegar/water to mix. I swap the vinnegar and oil for more vinnegar, less oil. Healthier and tastes great!

^ i do this too! its super easy and actually tastes best, cause its fresh. sometimes i just do olive oil, vinegar, and a splash of lemon juice.
    You can also add whatever spices to olive oil and vinegar to make your own flavour.
  • LAsteve212
    LAsteve212 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I don't know if anyone has said this, but Bolthouse Farms yogurt dressings are amazing! The ranch dressing only has 45 calories and 3 grams of fat in 2 tablespoons, and it's delicious! Tastes like the real thing :]
  • armadillolabrat
    armadillolabrat Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    balsamic vinegar and olive oil
  • GaglianiGirl
    Options
    I can't even be in the house when the vinegar bottle is opened without gagging. I've even been know to nearly vomit in the store when walking down the isle where the vinegar is. To say I hate vinegar would be an understatement. So what dressings other than, oil and vinegar and vinegarette dressings are good? I tend to just have ranch and be very mindful of how much I'm eating.
  • mindyrosy
    mindyrosy Posts: 38
    Options
    Anything by Walden Farms! Love al of them and they make individual packs tobtake when you go out.
  • Meganalva
    Meganalva Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Briannas Blush Wine Vinaigrette
  • zozzabubba
    zozzabubba Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I always have chicken in my salads, so I cook the chicken in a bit (1-2 tsp) of olive oil before putting it on the salad, then add balsamic vinegar to the whole lot. The oil left on the chicken gives enough olive oil that I don't add it separately to the salad
  • uglyhobo
    uglyhobo Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Wolfgang Kaufmann dressing.
    I think I get it at trader joes. It's like 20kcal per 2 tbsp I think.
    It tastes REALLY good. It's my favorite type of dressing. I even put it on vegetables. I love this stuff.
    It comes in a water bottle container, and this is what the label looks like.

background-outer.jpg
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    extra virgin olive oil, dash of balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic powder, & oregano.

why buy dressing?
  • reereejandro
    reereejandro Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    BUMP BUMP!!
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse Farms Yogurt based dressings - 35 calories a serving, several flavors, delicious.

Walden Farms 0 calorie dressings. . . mix them with any dressing you like to cut the calories in half.

Great diet tools.

Oh, that's a great idea using the Walden Farms. I tried several and didn't like them but if I mix them with something else I bet I might. Thanks!! :)
  • jarrettfam
    jarrettfam Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I just started using Lite Ceaser Dressing! Its pretty yummy!
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I make all my dressings...they are so easy and that way I know what is in there. My favorite is Honey Mustard. Equal parts fat-free mayo and mustard, 2 parts honey and 1t black pepper...blend together, thin with milk if desired.