Rethinking my weight goal? 5'6" female help please :)

Options

Replies

• maddiey
    maddiey Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Btw, thanks everyone who posted their input :)
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Your measurements look small for someone your weight, so it sounds like you have a lot of muscle and not too much extra fat. Have you been 150 before?

I haven't been 150 probably since I was like 15 and I'm twenty now. I honestly can't remember how much I weighed when I thought I looked good or felt good. I promise those are my measurements though! Just measured a couple days ago and couldn't believe it! hahaha :)

I believe you. I was implying that you probably look like you weigh less than you do. I'm 5'2", 122, and my measurements aren't far off yours.

Do you have much belly left?
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Ur waist is the same size as mine & I'm 5'5 132lbs! You might have a bigger frame, therefore u can weigh more and look amazing! Not everyone who is 5'6 will look good at the same weight. Frame size plays a bigger factor imo.
  • maddiey
    Options
    Your measurements look small for someone your weight, so it sounds like you have a lot of muscle and not too much extra fat. Have you been 150 before?

I haven't been 150 probably since I was like 15 and I'm twenty now. I honestly can't remember how much I weighed when I thought I looked good or felt good. I promise those are my measurements though! Just measured a couple days ago and couldn't believe it! hahaha :)

I believe you. I was implying that you probably look like you weigh less than you do. I'm 5'2", 122, and my measurements aren't far off yours.

Do you have much belly left?

Yes I think so, It doesn't necessarily hang over my jeans when I stand but it's there and I would like it to be smoothed out. And my inner thighs, if I could just lose the belly and thighs I'd be set! Here's a link to my blog and I have recent photos of myself at 166 and 164. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/maddiey
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    You look a lot smaller than your weight!
  • maddiey
    Options
    You look a lot smaller than your weight!

Well thank you! I've been trying to build a lot of muscle, I'm doing P90X right now and I definitely think it's helping!
  • maddiey
    Options
    Well I need to sleep now, so thanks for all your help! I really do appreciate it. Night all :)
  • Nan_
    Nan_ Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Have you seen mybodygallery.com? You can put in the height and weight and see what real people look like at that weight. Maybe that will help!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,680 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am 5'6" My goal is to be 150lbs, and currently I am 164lbs. My measurements are 38-28.5-39. But lately I'm thinking that maybe my goal is too high (weight wise) and I could possibly be looking to weigh lower than that? I know that muscle weighs more than fat does, and that will play a part into it, and also how comfortable I feel at 150 (once I finally get there! :) ) but I'm wondering maybe what the average weight for 5'6" is? Or maybe what goals some people at my height have reached? If it helps, the look I want is leaner, but definitely muscular.

I know that I should probably just wait it out until I actually am 150, but I just wanted to see is my goal reasonable?

Thanks everyone :)
    Find out your lean muscle mass % and I'll show you how to determine a goal weight.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • azziria
    azziria Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6". When I was 17, I weighed 141 lbs (and thought I was fat, how daft is that??), but that would be far too thin for me now. I currently weigh 164 lbs, I'm aiming for 154 lbs, but I know from experience that I look and feel good at anything under 160, especially given I run, swim and cycle quite a lot so always carry some muscle and look thinner than I weigh (if you know what I mean). The one thing I do know is that these days if I get down to 147 lbs I start to get ill - I pick up every cold or flu virus going around. I take that to mean that my healthy weight is somewhere above model-girl skinny!

If I were you I'd go to 150, hang there for a while and see how you feel. Then you can decide if you want/need to go further.
  • KellieLouise84
    Options
    hi, I'm 5'6 as well,with 14lbs to go.. Currently 154lbs (11st) rethinking my goal now to lose another 7lbs to put me at 147, as I think any more than that might be too much. Gonna take it slowly to see how I feel/look.
  • nsimportant
    nsimportant Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    If You are reconsidering that means You aren't' really satisfied with what You see I guess, go hit 150 and then reconsider no point in thinking over it.
    Btw most males around 5'6 have 140 lbs if they wanna look ripped, and dudes with 150lb squat up to 200kg.
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I'm 29.5 waist 38.5 hips 5'6" 146 lbs ive been happy since 157 when just getting out of an 8 or a loose 8 and randomly fitting 4s now I just took those measurement s tonight tho when figuring body fat % and got 25.9% and then found out ur supposed to measure after a good sleep of 7-8 hours. Hope this helps anyway ;) Ps I weighed 133 on my honeymoon 8 years ago no exercise. I have the same pair of 9 Jr. Low rise levis that were tight as freak then and they are too big now.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'5- 5'6 and my goal is 150-160. at the moment my lean body mass is 131 pounds so 150-160 puts me at a range of 18-20% body fat which is my ultimate goal. that should also put me in a size 6. i have a large frame and i've been smaller than that but i looked like crackhead
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I suggest you check out these calculators.

http://www.medindia.net/patients/calculators/framesize1.asp

http://www.self.com/calculatorsprograms/calculators/happyweight/

My goal is fairly close to what is comes up with for my "happy weight."
  • lovecrescendo
    lovecrescendo Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and my ultimate goal weight is 120-130 :) I really think it heavily depends on the person, though. Some people carry weight a lot better than others... your body frame can also be a factor, I have a medium body frame.
  • superrjo
    superrjo Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your frame a lot... I started on here at 150 and am down to 120 - while i'm maybe looking to lose a couple more this general weight for me is a lot better!

edit - im 5'6.5 :)
  • writinwater
    Options
    i'm 5'5- 5'6 and my goal is 150-160. at the moment my lean body mass is 131 pounds so 150-160 puts me at a range of 18-20% body fat which is my ultimate goal. that should also put me in a size 6. i have a large frame and i've been smaller than that but i looked like crackhead

Hahaha - love this! I'm aiming for around the 145 mark... Scientificially, that = back to the 130 of my teens + boobs and some booty ;)
  • Louise1247
    Louise1247 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Hey! I started way up at 171.3 and im at 149 now, I set my first goal at 160 because i was never successful in the past, but as soon as the weigh began dropping, I changed it right down to 140!

Just make it realistic, and keep focused! The key is dont become obsessed :) X
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    it depends on your body
    not everyone who is 5'6 is going to look the same at a specific weight
    some ladies are flat chested,some ladies have big booty's,belly's or large breasts
    some have hips some dont.
    you could have the exact same hight and weight as someone and look totally different.