30 Days Shred is not for obese people?

Options
124»

Replies

• SorchaRavenlock
    SorchaRavenlock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Thank You, Thank You....to all of you who hv recommend Leslie Sansone.
    It's really a great workout. It's not difficult at all. But I still sweat a lot!

And yes, Leslie such a sweetie who wont make you depressed.
    For now, I keep my 30 DS dvd in the box untill I reach my overweight and confidence enough to do the workout :D

I'm happy to hear Leslie Sansone works for you too. 30 DS can wait ;)
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I just want to say that I weight 319 lb right now (I was 355 at my biggest) and I'm doing the 30 ds and I think that anyone can do it, even if you suck at first and have to do the modified version.
  • RainaWalks
    RainaWalks Posts: 72
    Options
    i did walk at home dvds, simple dance aerobics dvds and walking and lost 145 lbs in 2008..i regained some of it when i got really ill, could not exercise and ate for comfort.....

i refused to do the really hard workouts...because i figured there was a chance for injury and i was not interested in that...

i enjoy my workouts...i'd raher do something enjoyable than something really hard....

Right now i mostly walk....

when i do the tougher dvds i modify the workouts if i have to....but i keep moving...

Good luck....
  • hmcdonald88
    Options
    I just start 30 Days Shred. It. Is. Damn. Hard.

I'm 100 lbs overweight, so I'm consider as obese. Seems like there's no workout video out there for people who have alot to lose.
  • hmcdonald88
    Options
    Can i recommend zumba? its really a lot of fun and you lose weight like crazy. my mother in law is down thirty pounds in just 6 months. If you have a wii you can get it for the wii or if you can spend about 60 and by the zumba exhilirate dvd set. its amazing and fun and its for any body shape. just my opinion. jillian michaels dvds are good buy they are hard....
  • FAYESY84
    FAYESY84 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I think it's in one of her other videos that she says 'even if you can't do the exact same moves, just keep moving'. Keep going with it and you will be able to do more and more each time, don't worry so much that you can't do everything perfectly, 'perfect sucks!' :-)
  • ECBeard
    ECBeard Posts: 4
    Options
    I find this kind of funny I guess
    I have 145 lbs to lose until I'm where I wanna be
    I'm 405lbs and I just started the 30ds
    Maybe level 1 is all I can do, dunno. Haven't seen the rest. I like surprises!
    I did the modified with a few things modified to me but
    1- I completely 110% completed the 25 mins
    2- feel the burnnnnn!

I'm morbidly obese so says the bmi, but I did it.
    If I can do it, so can you!!!
  • sandrajune72
    Options
    Since I haven't posted this before and this seems like a good thread to do it.... when I started working out I really loved the 10 minute solution target toning for beginners with Cindy Whitmarsh. I still do it now when I want something a little more toned down. I <3 Cindy, she's not obnoxious in this video at all which makes her less annoying than some of the other people. Once you get the hang of it, you can modify some of the exercises to make them more difficult. It probably would be like a tiny little warm up to people in great shape, but it's a good place to start. If I'd done a JM workout right at the beginning, I probably would have hopped on the couch after 5 minutes and given up.

Agreed! Cindy is lovely! I still use that DVD even though I've completed 30 day Shred & am now doing Ripped in 30. It still gives me a good toning session :smile:
  • HogSandwich
    HogSandwich Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Just butting in to say that your level of obesity/lack thereof doesn't have anything to do with how easy you find things like the 30ds - some people are naturally stronger or weaker, genetically predisposed towards endurance, low or high blood pressure etc. My main fitness issue is that I cannot - cannot - run, because my blood pressure's too low, which is making me squeamish about the 30ds. eep, but I guess I'll give it a shot...? whats the worst that can happen? Apart from passing out, that is
  • reesa722
    reesa722 Posts: 76
    Options
    Um... I weigh 360, and I finished Level 1 in 10 days... On the first day, I struggled a lot... by Day 3, I could do everything, but I took mini-breaks. Now it's starting over at Level 2...

What I'm saying is, if you want to do it, you can, and you will. I have 170 pounds to lose, and I can do 30DS... Everyone has to start somewhere.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I like Leslie Sansone walk fit dvds.

This! They are great for building up. Start with these and eventually move up to 30DS. It's not a race, and know your body's limits to avoid injury. I started my journey just walking. My joints ached and I huffed and puffed and I pushed my son's stroller around the neighborhood, but that was my starting fitness level. Eventually I worked up to Jillian and beyond. I'm now on my second round of insanity. I always listened to my body and started by just trying to walk 30 mins a day. Those Leslie sansone videos are great.

I agree! I started with Leslie Sansone at my biggest and unfittest. I have dodgy joints, so was looking for something gentler than the usual. At the very beginning, they WERE a proper workout. For the first few minutes it feels like you are doing nothing, but it gradually creeps up on you (if you're as unfit as I was!). I also started strength training. I think Leslie Sansone is a great place to start. You can always try them out and youtube, and see if they're too easy or not.
  • ashleew1117
    Options
    Obese people can do anything that they set they mind to do, you don't have to be skinny to try to do 30DS. You do what you set your mind to do, and if your obese and you tell other people that obese people can't do this, then your setting yourself up for failure. Your telling yourself you can't do something, and your letting yourself believe it, your'll never complete it if you don't try.
    Even if you can't do 40% of the workout, as long as your try to do it all, and you just do what you can thats a start, and eventually you will be able to do everything on that DVD, and get to level 3.
    It's all in your head, because what you tell yourself is what you will believe.

Maybe you need to go back and try it again, telling yourself that you can do it.
    Because you can do it if you really want to and you try at it.
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I just start 30 Days Shred. It. Is. Damn. Hard.

Hard as in you're really out of breath and your muscles burn and you generally feel miserable and out of your comfort zone? Don't give up, just go at your own pace, try to push out 1 more rep when your mind says you're totally spent, and remind yourself that people your size have done this and had great success with it.

But if you mean it's hard on your joints and causing you knee pain (a very common complaint for JM workouts, it seems) then listen to your body, try something lower impact like swimming or walking, and have a talk with your doctor about some alternatives that may work better for you for now.

Don't give up on fitness entirely, if you can suffer through the first month or so you'll be amazed at how good you feel. :)