How are you all losing?

Options
124»

Replies

• nsblue
    nsblue Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    i counted my calories and watched WHAT i ate and chose wisely.
    n yess during weightloss i ate on an average 1200 cal... sometimes twas lower but the average was 1200.... and i lost!!

i started mfp last march... i had already lost 170lbs on a 1500 cal diabetic diet. but i cut my cals to 1200...fine tuned what i ate and started walking... by dec i had lost close to 200 pounds more.

mfp doesnt lose your weight.... it is a great tool to use to help you... but in all essense YOU lose the weight.
  • mikejacobs1958
    Options
    The days you don't do any exercise, have very low Calories - around 800, seems pretty low to me.
    On some days you seem to go over slightly, shouldn't be a problem, but I do see your Carbs are over.

Cut out the chips and high value carbs for a week or two.
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    no, i made sure I was actually doing the exercises and eating the foods I was tracking. Just typing them does not burn calories ;)

Also I started spending ridiculous amounts of time naked at home. Sounds weird, but it kept me aware of my body. After years of working on myself, my body and I have actually formed a relationship. we fight sometimes, but at least we understand each other.

Oh actually- one thing I did- I started creating my own traditions and the sexy breakfast was one of them.

Starting the day off with a beautiful healthy breakfast peaceful ritual type meal, kept me from making bad decisions throughout the rest of the day. if I started my day amazingly, why would I eff that up with chips and junk food and fast food and crap. Healthy is sexy and I want to keep that feeling going all day.

Good luck!
  • SerahLaffere
    SerahLaffere Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Processed food = Bad

I still eat it though. Due to lack of funds
  • smeklc
    smeklc Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi. I did the 17 day diet starting Feb 2011.

I went through 2 rounds of cycle 1-3 from Feb to June 2011. I lost from 174 to 136. Most of it was lost in 1st round. Then I ate close to cycle 3 and 4 most of the time mid summer until holidays 2011. I did gain and lose about 8 or so at that point to present. I went on a new round mid June 2012 and lost almost 7 lbs.

This diet is restrictive in sense that you give up all processed food (think tv dinners and other things), bread and cereal group, really good and really calorie dense things (chocolate, cookies, cake), most dairy. But that is only C1, C2 you get to add in whole grains, few starches, and such, C3 even more. But the food is nutrient dense vs calorie dense, you can eat more for less calories. Also lots of water.

Some people do not make it through the first half of the C1. Some are able to go through 3+ rounds of C1 to C3 back to back.. (I was not able to) This is more a lifestyle change than diet. It does not work for everyone. Though he lost a lot, My hubby felt too restrictive and stopped after 1st round and half. He watched calories and did lose more gradually. Then he stopped exercising as much (sedentary and high stress job) Then he allowed portion control go a little out of control and he gained all back. The trick is to make it a lifestyle, you can not go back to what you used to eat. How much you need to lose and activity level will affect how much you lose at 1st, also how well you have been eating. If you have already cut out a lot of fat and sugar, the initial losses may not be as big as some people. Your loss will slow down the more you lose.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/212308-the-17-day-diet?page=20

the link to the topic is part one of 6. Most of the posters have dropped off, there is not much in posting these days. However. If you have the time to read, read through some of them. It shows successes, failures, questions/issues and suggestions. Some of the posters were in for the long haul, some reached their maintenance weight and stayed there. Also some recipie suggestions.

On a side note, it is harder to get to the 1200 for me as I get full but I keep at it with plenty of snacks. I do slow weight loss when I eat less than 1200 so I try for 1300-1500 a day. Also Salt is my enemy. Dinner with high sodium and I would be extremely lucky to not gain or gain 1 lb next day. Check your sodium, you may be one of those that have a gain with sodium.

good luck on what ever you decide to do.
  • Exill
    Exill Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Don't just count calories, make your calories count. You're going way over on your fat intake daily and way under on protein. Eat more protein!!