Any single girls feel like this ?

Options
k900
k900 Posts: 140 Member
I am 22 and i feel like giving up on guys. I have had four boyfriends only one of them was a serious relationship. I feel like i am too much for any guy to deal with because i can be moody and i want a lot of attention among other things. Also for some reason almost every guy that compliments me or flirts with me is at least 30. I don't mind older guys but when they are old enough to be my father or grandfather it's just too much. I have no idea what i am doing with guys honestly and i am starting to think i will end up alone.

Anybody else feel this way ?

Replies

• sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    You are only 22. Don't get jaded yet.
  • BLSaw
    BLSaw Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    You are only 22. Don't get jaded yet.
    agree with this, give it time!!
  • blueday617
    blueday617 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Kind of but I'm not yet 100% ready to give up on guys. I'm 18, I think I can find someone before I'm 100. :P
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    I was 28 before I found someone willing to put up with all of my crap. You won't die alone.
  • toddx318
    toddx318 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I feel like i am too much for any guy to deal with because i can be moody and i want a lot of attention among other things.

I have no idea what i am doing with guys
    Sounds to me like you just don't know yourself yet, let alone know guys.

My advice: Date casually for the next few years until your upper 20s. Enjoy your 20s and your life. Spend the time getting to know who you are and being comfortable with yourself.
  • Solly123
    Solly123 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like you just don't know yourself yet, let alone know guys.

My advice: Date casually for the next few years until your upper 20s. Enjoy your 20s and your life. Spend the time getting to know who you are and being comfortable with yourself.

This.. Date casually till your mid to late 20's.. If you ever have a chance to just go and enjoy or make decisions on the spur of the moment its at that age.. No responsibilites, no kids, no mortgage - just loving life..

It will all happen eventually.. And even if it doesn't, it isn't that bad being single in your 40's.. Honestly - single for the last 10 yrs.. Never married - not even close.. But I have a fantastic life.. And while I may not have "the one" in my life yet - he'll arrive at some stage.. I'm going to enjoy my life while I'm waiting anyway...

Don't put yourself under pressure to live your life a certain way.. Ie, married at 25, 3 kids by 30, move to 2nd bigger property by 35 .......etc etc etc... Live life as it comes and find a reason to enjoy every day.. No matter how crappy that day is, think hard and remember the one little good thing that happened.. Happyness attracts people.. Not pressure or stress.. So relax and wait for "the one" to find you!!!
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    So you want a lot of attention from him? Why? Do you need him to be able to feel better about yourself...if that's the case, you're not going to find a guy out there than can give it to you 100% of the time.. :)

And Todd I also agree with Todd...take the time as they say, "do you."
  • bluegrasschica
    Options
    I'm 29 still single and haven't found the right guy but l haven't given up on guys yet. You shouldn't either!
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I got out of a relationship a month or so ago.. And Im on the same page. I want to believe that there is a great guy out there, but I get everything I NEED from myself. All relationships I have gone through end and take a lot of my money, youth, and trust....

Love comes when it comes!
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I got out of a relationship a month or so ago.. And Im on the same page. I want to believe that there is a great guy out there, but I get everything I NEED from myself. All relationships I have gone through end and take a lot of my money, youth, and trust....

Love comes when it comes!

I would call that investing...some of those are high risk. I would hope that you're getting a return of a different kind than what you gave.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    i was 30 when i met my husband. before that i dated casually, but nothing serious. i really enjoyed my twenties. i got to do what i wanted when i wanted. you cant do that when you're in a couple, have a house, are married, have kids etc.

spend this time doing what makes you happy and then the right guy will want to find you. you need to use your twenties to grow into the person the right guy would want to be with.

don't get jaded, thats not a flattering color on anyone.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I'm 29 still single and haven't found the right guy but l haven't given up on guys yet. You shouldn't either!

Yeah....too bad for you I'm married.......
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Kids today and instant gratification. I blame cell phones. If you want to be happy with a man then don't give up. If you want to be alone and happy with yourself then give up. If like older men message me LOL
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure a 30-year-old isn't old enough to be your dad.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    You are young! Don't get bogged down with relationship stuff right now. Enjoy life!
  • starfish1783
    starfish1783 Posts: 120
    Options
    Oh God, yes! I'm 28 and always get hit on by the older guy, the married guy, or the just straight-up unavailable guy. NOT fun, and the next person who tells me "When you least expect it..." or "Just when you stop looking..." I'm gonna throttle 'em. :tongue:

But, I'm not giving up (yet). I'm still young and I'm not actively seeking, but if someone comes along, I'm more than willing to give it a try. Being patient just sucks, so it's hard. Try not to worry though. You still have a long way to go before you can call yourself an "old maid" :wink: :heart:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    22 is too early for this kind of talk.
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I am 22 and i feel like giving up on guys. I have had four boyfriends only one of them was a serious relationship. I feel like i am too much for any guy to deal with because i can be moody and i want a lot of attention among other things. Also for some reason almost every guy that compliments me or flirts with me is at least 30. I don't mind older guys but when they are old enough to be my father or grandfather it's just too much. I have no idea what i am doing with guys honestly and i am starting to think i will end up alone.

Anybody else feel this way ?

So 30 is now grandparent age? You must be a dream date.
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    bodybuilderballet.gif

I feel like this.... but as for your situation..... just keep going youll find the right person whether it is male or female.... when the time comes youll know whats right!
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Yes, but there's someone out there for me somewhere. I know I'm probably going to end up with a guy older than me. It's cool. :smile: