Peanut Butter advice - Help!

Options
1235»

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter in porridge - genius!!!!!!!!!!!

I put it in my oat bran cereal with a little brown sugar and cinnamon. YUMMY!
  • heres2anewme
    heres2anewme Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Another option is hummus. 2 tablespoons is 70 calories. I think its pretty good with celery.

No offense, but ewwwwww, yuck! LOL

I use to hate the thoughts of hummus, but I love it now, Whole Food in the US has it with not near the amount of fat that most has.
  • heres2anewme
    Options
    i buy nature's promise no salt added organic smooth pb at giant foods (pa, usa). the oil separates but i've learned how to deal with that.

32 g = 2 tbsp, and i portion by weight, find it's easier and more accurate that way

here's an idea i came up with that tastes just like pb pie (without the crust): 5.3 oz oikos plain non fat greek yogurt, 32 g pb, your sweetener to taste - put the ingredients in a cereal bowl and stir until blended - 290 cals (using splenda), 23 g protein

I'd love to know how you learned to deal with the separating of peanut butter? Please inform me. I have been pouring the oil off, but when you get to the bottom it is very dry.
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    i buy nature's promise no salt added organic smooth pb at giant foods (pa, usa). the oil separates but i've learned how to deal with that.

32 g = 2 tbsp, and i portion by weight, find it's easier and more accurate that way

here's an idea i came up with that tastes just like pb pie (without the crust): 5.3 oz oikos plain non fat greek yogurt, 32 g pb, your sweetener to taste - put the ingredients in a cereal bowl and stir until blended - 290 cals (using splenda), 23 g protein

I'd love to know how you learned to deal with the separating of peanut butter? Please inform me. I have been pouring the oil off, but when you get to the bottom it is very dry.

You just stir it in once it separates :flowerforyou:
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    You mix it in, never pour it off. The oil is the healthy part.
  • Leeanne1974
    Leeanne1974 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone.
    Although I used to occasionally buy peanut butter, I have never been a PB addict lol. What I wanted to try today was something different for lunch. I have been having Asda's crudites with cream cheese dip and a pack of pineapple fingers. That is about 200 cals. I just wanted something different today and had seen lots of people post on here who have managed a fabulous weight loss whilst eating, sometimes, loads and loads of Peanut butter.
    I think I will keep it for a once a week lunch treat with celery.
    I felt so much fuller today though after eating such a protein packed lunch.

I live in a place called Greenhithe. It isn't a poorly stocked Asda, it is just not in there. Virtually everything else i want i can get there. I can travel to either Bluewater or Dartford to visit a health food shop. There we go. Its not a hamlet that only sells old tins of beans or anything, they just don't have the other butters. Or maybe, despite searching, I couldn't find it.

Im so pleased that there are people on here who have managed to lose huge amounts of weight whilst eating peanut butter. It is rather nice :wink:
  • fh1951
    fh1951 Posts: 441 Member
    Options

my solution is to store unopened jars on their sides in the pantry and every time i go in the pantry for anything give them about a quarter turn. this helps keep the oil evenly distributed through the jar. after i open a new jar i stir it well and then keep it in the fridge on its side and keep turning it like i do with the unopened jars. hey, maybe this pb oil workout is burning some calories lol...
  • heres2anewme
    Options

my solution is to store unopened jars on their sides in the pantry and every time i go in the pantry for anything give them about a quarter turn. this helps keep the oil evenly distributed through the jar. after i open a new jar i stir it well and then keep it in the fridge on its side and keep turning it like i do with the unopened jars. hey, maybe this pb oil workout is burning some calories lol...

Thanks I will have to try this.
  • flslp87
    flslp87 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I love 1 tbs of pb in the afternoons w/ a banana for my snack. It is very filling and tides me over until dinner, much more so then other 'snacky' foods.

You can also order from amazon the PB2 - but the chocolate PB2 is best. Just 2 tbs of it w/ a bit of water is 45 cal and it is really good as the protein on a lf/ls cake or cracker.....
  • Leeanne1974
    Leeanne1974 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I shall have a look at try to order some of that PB2 stuff then, it sounds ok.
    Thanks for the tips everyone!