Any single girls feel like this ?

Options

Replies

• mariekphillips21
    Options
    bodybuilderballet.gif

I feel like this.... but as for your situation..... just keep going youll find the right person whether it is male or female.... when the time comes youll know whats right!

This just made me spit my water out. lmao. Thanks for making my day!!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I don't think I am high maintenance but thanks.
    Lol what? What do you think "high maintenance" means?
    I feel like i am too much for any guy to deal with because i can be moody and i want a lot of attention among other things.
  • BrightEyesx3
    BrightEyesx3 Posts: 335
    Options
    I'm only 19 and I've already been cheated on several times and been hurt so badly. I recently just got out of a bad relationship and I have to say it was the best thing I ever did. I started focusing on myself and things have gotten so much better for me. I've focused more on school and on my work, and also my health and I've never been happier with myself and the ways things are going in my life. In today's world everyone needs to be in a relationship because their afraid of being alone or they just need some companionship. But just because you're alone doesn't mean you're lonely. You have friends and family who love and care for you. Forget worrying about relationships right now you're only 20. Live your life! Enjoy it before the true adult life kicks in! Don't grow up regretting not enjoying yourself while you're still young!
  • k900
    k900 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    30 isn't old enough to be your father or grandfather....lmao That is only 8 years older than you.

However, don't be so negative. Enjoy being single! When you aren't looking for it is when it will happen.

Again I never said 30 was old enough to be my dad. I am fine with dating guys who are that age. When there gets to be a 20 year difference then that's a different story.
  • Logsv
    Logsv Posts: 36
    Options
    I am 26, and the idea of "dying" alone is actually starting to appeal to me, and not in a depressing way. I want to get a dog.

I just got a yorkie puppy a month ago and it was the best thing I've done in a while. She's a handful but she makes me so happy. If you have the time to dedicate to a puppy, definitely get one.
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm 26 and single. I wouldn't worry much about it. I know I'm a little much but that hasn't been much of a problem for me. I know the man that I'm meant to be with will 100% get me/accept me and all my crazy! When I was in high school and even early college, I thought I'd be married or at least engaged by now. I'll be 27 at the end of the month and I can't even imagine being married lol! Just enjoy life and grow. Who knows, that man could come along when you least expect it :)
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I am 22 and i feel like giving up on guys. I have had four boyfriends only one of them was a serious relationship. I feel like i am too much for any guy to deal with because i can be moody and i want a lot of attention among other things. Also for some reason almost every guy that compliments me or flirts with me is at least 30. I don't mind older guys but when they are old enough to be my father or grandfather it's just too much. I have no idea what i am doing with guys honestly and i am starting to think i will end up alone.

Anybody else feel this way ?

So 30 is now grandparent age? You must be a dream date.

I meant I am fine with dating guys who are 30 or 35 but when they get to be 40 and up that's a bit much for me. 20 years difference is too much for me.

Using your words helps clarify things. Not that I am the PC police by any means but, there are more than a few people on this site who have large age spans b/w their significant others. I'm 36 and dating a guy who is 28. He's definitely not complaining...
    LOVE is LOVE. Men are men and this is a fitness website for the most part...how has that been going lately? Are you feeling jaded b/c you aren't feeling good about yourself? 22 is awfully young for that kind of attitude.
  • k900
    k900 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I feel like i am too much for any guy to deal with because i can be moody and i want a lot of attention among other things.

If you are just going to be rude then don't reply.
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options

Bingo, your high maintenance. That will fail a majority of your relationships.
  • CarrieQuiteContrary
    CarrieQuiteContrary Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I met my now husband at 22 and I wasn't expecting to meet anyone when I met him. Don't get yourself so down over this. Just focus on yourself and he will come along!
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I got out of a relationship a month or so ago.. And Im on the same page. I want to believe that there is a great guy out there, but I get everything I NEED from myself. All relationships I have gone through end and take a lot of my money, youth, and trust....

Love comes when it comes!

I would call that investing...some of those are high risk. I would hope that you're getting a return of a different kind than what you gave.

Relationships are expensive... When Im single I dont spend even HALF to money I normally do in a relationship... I got not nearly enough of a return, hence the relationship change.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    If you are just going to be rude then don't reply.
    You certainly seem high-maintenance so far.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Like attracts like. Make a list of qualities you're looking for. Affectionate, quick witted, confident, reliable, decisive, good humored, thoughtful, generous, etc. Work on those character traits within yourself. Don't focus so much on hunting for Mr. Right. Be Miss Right, be comfortable with yourself and pursue interests and goals. Men can smell needy a mile away. They can also detect a woman who is interesting. Everyone wants to be loved and wanted more than they are needed. We simply do not want to be responsible for another person's complete happiness and reason for living. It's too much for anyone to handle and it isn't fair to expect it from them.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I am 26, and the idea of "dying" alone is actually starting to appeal to me, and not in a depressing way. I want to get a dog.

I just got a yorkie puppy a month ago and it was the best thing I've done in a while. She's a handful but she makes me so happy. If you have the time to dedicate to a puppy, definitely get one.

I don't have the time/financial stability yet, but when I do I'm going to get a Corgi puppy. <3 corgis
  • Tynen
    Tynen Posts: 5
    Options
    just relax and stop worrying about it for a while, focus on yourself
  • mariekphillips21
    Options

This is true for me. Why would I want someone dragging me down all the time? I love my freedom! I want a dog too.

Me too, and I have a dog! We never fight, he never complains about my "cooking", always happy to see me after work, now if only I could teach him to do his big business in the toilet. lol
  • SarahMRBAlbertson
    SarahMRBAlbertson Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You are only 22. Don't get jaded yet.

I agree. I also hear you saying some things that you know about yourself-- that you might have the tendency to be moody at times and need a lot of attention. Those aren't inherently bad things, but I think for young women in particular we learn when we get into a pattern of needing attention from others instead of finding alternative ways that we can fulfill ourselves independently. When we do that, we can sometimes (unknowingly) put a lot of pressure on our partner to be taking care of us all of the time. Obviously, I don't know the details of your situation, but I know in my experience it has helped me to take time to work on some of my personal patterns of behavior during those down times where I was not dating. If I wanted to be with a quality man I needed to make sure I was always working on being the best quality woman/partner I could be.
  • MissyMissy18
    MissyMissy18 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    1. 22 year old boys don't have the brain capacity yet to be involved in a serious relationship. seriously. it takes until AT LEAST 27.
    2. who wants a serious relationship at 22 anyway?
    3. for heaven's sake just enjoy being YOUNG AND SINGLE because it's AWESOME. go have fun and get a dog to snuggle with!

i'm head over heels crazy about my beau, but I seriously miss being single sometimes. being able to go out with my girls ANYTIME.. not worrying about needing to make anyone else happy but me... there's something to be said for that!
  • GodsGirl37
    GodsGirl37 Posts: 348
    Options
    I'm 37 years old have been single since 2009. I have felt that way but a friend really helped me know I have to be happy with me first before I can get in a relationship. its tough being the only one in my family not married and so old in age. but I settled for second rate in 2002 it lasted a mere year and a half
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I'll tell you the same thing I tell my friends in their 40s and alone: Spend some time getting comfortable with yourself. If you aren't comfortable with yourself, no one else will be, either. Not to mention, you can't be comfortable with others if not alone. Start by being okay being single. Then, get to know some folks before you dive head first into a deep relationship. My husband and I were friends for about 4 years before we dated. We dated for five years before we married. Now we've been married 10 years. Before him I went out with many people, but only a few of them were deep relationships.

Cut yourself some slack and take your time.