Over on my protein already??

Options
13»

Replies

• THEErikaR
    THEErikaR Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    according to your home page you lost 51 pounds which I am sure took some time and by looking at your diary you are over on protein almost everyday. Why are you asking this question now?

Honestly... I just recently started to pay attention to any of the numbers besides the cals! lol

I'm a simple person, being under cals was hard enough!! I'm starting to consider all things now, hoping this will continue to help me learn more about how different foods affect my body and my weight loss. Does that make sense??
    Yes that does make sense I was just wondering, if its any help I try to eat at least 195 grams of protein a day, I also have my Doctors approval, also read up on how eating more good fats help you lose weight. Great job on the weight loss and keep up the great work

Thank you so much!! :)
  • MaryBowen27
    MaryBowen27 Posts: 132
    Options
    I strive to be over for protein and fiber!! I always feel accomplished when those are in the red,
  • hmoore202
    hmoore202 Posts: 15
    Options
    I strive to be over for protein and fiber!! I always feel accomplished when those are in the red,

True story!!
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    No, you don't need to be concerned if you go over your protein. Protein is really good for the diet.. it's recommended to eat a lot!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I found part of your problem for today anyway. The Starbuck's drink is showing as 14g in your diary, but their website shows it's only 9 grams of protein for the Grande size.

But it looks like your protein is coming from a variety of sources. It doesn't look bad overall.
  • cobaltis
    cobaltis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Protein is a minimum, it wont hurt you to go over! Carbs are the "filler"!
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I have found that MFP sets the protein way low for people who work out a lot! I don't even bother to watch my protein anymore! I have done research and there really is no down fall of having "too much protein" as long as its lean protein!
    ^This!

MFP has the protein settings way too low. That said, I haven't been logging on here very long and I rarely even look at those numbers, but I follow how I ate when I followed The Zone and felt really good (not hungry all the time) while losing about 2 pounds a week with absolutely no exercise. On that plan, you're supposed to balance 7g protein to 9g carbs to1.5g fat per "food blocks". I still haven't worked out how to get this to translate to MFPs food diary, but the point is the protein is pretty close to equivalent of carbs, while the MFP default is very carb heavy.
  • bohonomad
    bohonomad Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    How do you guys know what your protein, fat, carbs should be set at to make you lose weight? I've just been going off what the website put for me and I'm eating nothing like what it says I should be eating.
  • bohonomad
    bohonomad Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    MFP has the protein settings way too low. That said, I haven't been logging on here very long and I rarely even look at those numbers, but I follow how I ate when I followed The Zone and felt really good (not hungry all the time) while losing about 2 pounds a week with absolutely no exercise. On that plan, you're supposed to balance 7g protein to 9g carbs to1.5g fat per "food blocks". I still haven't worked out how to get this to translate to MFPs food diary, but the point is the protein is pretty close to equivalent of carbs, while the MFP default is very carb heavy.
    [/quote]

Thank god! I thought I was a freak who didn't eat carbs lol