What is your reward to yourself for losing weight??

Options

Replies

• tmbowen12
    tmbowen12 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Mine isn't so much specific things since I change my mind all the time but instead its dollar amounts. I'm starting 25lbs so I'll buy something worth $25, 50lbs is $50, etc. So at each milestone I'll decide what I want and stay around the monetary value. I wanted to do it like this because I didn't think losing 10lbs justified a $100 pair of shoes (which is like 3 times what I normally spend on a pair).... but 100lbs sure would! Plus it cuts down on the frivolous spending since I have to earn it first

that's an excellent idea!!! I might have to steal it for my own incentives.
  • jmoralesx5
    jmoralesx5 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    when I cross 200 i am hoping to get a tattoo.
  • dj_phx
    dj_phx Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I am doing small rewards at every 5 pounds, like a heart rate monitor, clothes, board games. I'm also doing rewards for accomplishing other goals, like when I finish 30 days of the 30 day shred I'm going to get something, haven't really decided on what though. It's a way for me to rewards myself and control my spending at the same time. =)
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    when i finally reach my goal and sustain it for a month or so i'm going on a total all out shopping spree for a new wardrobe, i figure spending that kind of money will be motivation enough to NEVER gain it back lol

other than that my only other short term goal is to lose a pant size before my bday in sept & buy a dress for it.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Getting my belly button pierced and the tattoo that I want on my rib cage. I'm not far from my goal! YAY! Another two months and I think I'll be there :D
  • julepgirl
    julepgirl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I bought a Groupon that's good for three massages. I've decided I get one every 15 pounds. To me, I feel like every pound I lose is equally hard, so it's ok that they're all the same. The incentive is extra strong because I've already paid for them, and I don't want them to go to waste, BUT I will if I don't lose the weight. No loss, no massage.

That'll get me through my first 45 pounds, I figure that'll take long enough to think of whether I want to continue that incentive or come up with a new one.
  • CarlyDawn7
    CarlyDawn7 Posts: 23
    Options
    Hip microdermals..(but I'm not so sure of that anymore because I'm really scared) and new clothes!
  • Deidre33
    Deidre33 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    when i lose my weight how about a nice louis vutton!! = goal 50lbs
  • patchesgizmo
    patchesgizmo Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    someday when I reach my goal of 140lbs I will have a whole new wardrobe and be happy dancing every night.
  • jenbooks
    jenbooks Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    MiniGoal 1: 275 - hit 03/12/2012 (reward: new order from BPAL)
    MiniGoal 2: 250 - hit 07/09/2012 (reward: sling bag from sfbags.com)
    MiniGoal 3: 225 (reward: ??)
    MiniGoal 4: 200 (reward: guitar lessons)
    MiniGoal 5: 175 (reward: six flags / water park)
    MiniGoal 6: 160 (reward: horseback riding lessons?)
    MiniGoal 7: 150 (reward: sensory deprivation tank)
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I've bought a lot of new clothing lately. Although, most of it is running stuff.

Mostly my reward will winning the office "Biggest Loser" and spending my colleague's "buy in" money on beer for all of us. Oh, and drinking beer again.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Shopping!! I don't plan to lose anymore weight so I just got a bunch of new clothes including a really expensive pair of jeans :)
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    A bathing suit, and a tattoo.
    :)
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    the ultimate reward will be the fact that I did it, however I'll probably get myself a new tattoo.
  • riadee512
    riadee512 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    when i know i'm doing well for a while, i'll treat myself to a cookie or two. i've completely cut out juice and pop, with a cup of 2% milk here and there. i used to drink all three ALL THE TIME. now, i know i just like the taste/texture. i don't need it. so i will have a sip of a friend's just to satisfy my damnable taste buds. or i'll get a slushy if i've lost a good amount!
  • DarkFlutter
    DarkFlutter Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    When I reach 50 lbs lost I want to go Rock Climbing!
    It's something I've always wanted to try, but always felt too heavy for.
    Didn't really trust someone holding all 270 lbs of me in the air.

So far I'm a little over halfway there!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Five more pounds and some muscle tone and I'll get a massage. When I hit my goal, I'll get a whole day at a destination spa :-)
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    My reward for reaching my ultimate goal is a new tattoo. I've hit my first mini goal and still haven't decided on my rewards for those though.
  • carolinesmiles
    Options
    I'm planning on registering for my first half marathon in Disneyworld when I'm under 200. :) Up until then, little things - new workout clothes, a new pair of shoes, possibly a heart rate monitor...
  • chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    A pony.